Budget 21-30k Gaming PC without monitor

This motherboard Gigabyte B75M D3H says To support DDR3 1600 MHz, you must install an Intel 22nm CPU. Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard

And your said i3 2120 is 32nm Intel 3.3 GHz Core i3 2120 Processor

The memory will rollback to 1333MHz from its stated frequency of 1600MHz.

Other way is you can go for a H67 based motherboard so that using Intel XMP you will be able to run the memory at 1600MHz OR buy Corsair ValueRAM 1333MHz.

There are no pros OR cons buying 1333MHz memory modules with the Intel B75 platform either, just that until you will not add an Ivy-Bridge CPU in the build the memory will be held back at 1333MHz.

Both memory modules will work flawlessly on the GIGABYTE motherboard.

Hope this clarifies your doubts, Cheerio!

As suggested above, would recommend you to spend more on GPU than on CPU. Sandy bridge processors have a very similar performance when it comes to gaming. Spending 4k more (i3 2120 vs. i5 2300) on CPU would add performance by 8 -15% while exacty that much money more on a GPU (HD7770 vs. GTX560Ti) will add performance by 30-40%!

1zbgnsl.jpg

Source: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/HD_7770_Vapor-X/28.html

So i3 2120 along with GTX560Ti/similar is recommended for the strict budget. You can also check the market section for used GPU's. You may upgrade CPU to i5 Sandy or Ivy later as resale value of Intel CPUs are usually great. But you must stick the the GPU as resale value is less. Though I guess the GTX560Ti will still offer comparability better resale than ATI counterparts.

Though I guess the GTX560Ti will still offer comparability better resale than ATI counterparts.

^^ Why?

If OP can go for a GTX560Ti will it not be better if he waits till ~13[SUP]th[/SUP] September when the GTX660 debuts, if nothing it just might cause a price reshuffle for the AMD HD78** series cards which will be much better than the 560Ti with the future in mind.

Just my views, Cheerio!

How do you see a8 3870k vs i3 2120?
Also I heard a10 is soon going to come.

The Core i3 2120 is a better CPU once you throw in the discrete graphics card. On the iGP front AMD Llano leads.

Also, Intel's Ivy-Bridge based Core i3's have debuted while AMD A-10 will enter the fray not before late-October (at-least here in India).

Suggest you go for the Intel processor (Core i3) + most you can spend on a graphics card after all this (AMD HD7850 OR nVidia GTX660).

The Core i3 2120 is a better CPU once you throw in the discrete graphics card. On the iGP front AMD Llano leads.

Also, Intel's Ivy-Bridge based Core i3's have debuted while AMD A-10 will enter the fray not before late-October (at-least here in India).

Suggest you go for the Intel processor (Core i3) + most you can spend on a graphics card after all this (AMD HD7850 OR nVidia GTX660).

Some more queries as now I am not much in a hurry to buy, deadline would be buying before diwali this year.
1. Why I gave a8 bcoz if u attach discrete graphics card to it then u get double performance as compared to i3 2120 as seen from benchmarks around.
2. which is ivy bridge i3s? can you list them, r they available to buy? ivy r good with less power consumption.
3. so far dual cores are enough but now games would be moving towards utilising 3+ cores Conclusion | bit-tech.net
so do u think buying now i3 which is dual core is fine as futureproof atleast next 5yrs?
Also A8 3870k has 4 cores.
Bcoz I won't mind spending little more on cpu to be on safer side for future and then later adding gpu in mnths down the line, we may even do crossfire.

Some more queries as now I am not much in a hurry to buy, deadline would be buying before diwali this year.
1. Why I gave a8 bcoz if u attach discrete graphics card to it then u get double performance as compared to i3 2120 as seen from benchmarks around.
2. which is ivy bridge i3s? can you list them, r they available to buy? ivy r good with less power consumption.
3. so far dual cores are enough but now games would be moving towards utilising 3+ cores Conclusion | bit-tech.net
so do u think buying now i3 which is dual core is fine as futureproof atleast next 5yrs?
Also A8 3870k has 4 cores.
Bcoz I won't mind spending little more on cpu to be on safer side for future and then later adding gpu in mnths down the line, we may even do crossfire.

Here are your answers Vipin --
  • If you add a graphics card, you can only add from a specific set of entry level graphics cards which are deemed compatible with the iGP on the APU die. Will you add a HD6670 + HD6550 (on APU die) for gaming OR prefer a single AMD HD7850 2GB OR nVidia GTX660 in your RIG? Plus where are you getting double performance with such a setup?
  • Core i3 3220 is an Ivy-Bridge CPU available for ~7500/- in Delhi, you will have to dig around for the same in Bombay OR Pune.
  • That article is in 2010, we are already in 2012 and most games these days are happy with dual-cores. Do not expect this to change before late 2013 -->2014 when new consoles hit the shelves in force.
  • If you are buying with a 5 year plan in mind, forget purchasing a decent CPU in a tight budget. Wait till Q2 2013 when Intel releases its Haswell processors with the new LGA1150 socket based Z8* series motherboards. If you want a CrossFireX setup please be ready to spend on a Core i5 2500k (OR other unlocked processors) + Z77 motherboard so that you can take full advantage of the dual-GPU setup. Getting an AMD APU based RIG is useless in this scenario.
Hope this answers your query. Cheerio!

Here are your answers Vipin --
  • If you add a graphics card, you can only add from a specific set of entry level graphics cards which are deemed compatible with the iGP on the APU die. Will you add a HD6670 + HD6550 (on APU die) for gaming OR prefer a single AMD HD7850 2GB OR nVidia GTX660 in your RIG? Plus where are you getting double performance with such a setup?
  • Core i3 3220 is an Ivy-Bridge CPU available for ~7500/- in Delhi, you will have to dig around for the same in Bombay OR Pune.
  • That article is in 2010, we are already in 2012 and most games these days are happy with dual-cores. Do not expect this to change before late 2013 -->2014 when new consoles hit the shelves in force.
  • If you are buying with a 5 year plan in mind, forget purchasing a decent CPU in a tight budget. Wait till Q2 2013 when Intel releases its Haswell processors with the new LGA1150 socket based Z8* series motherboards. If you want a CrossFireX setup please be ready to spend on a Core i5 2500k (OR other unlocked processors) + Z77 motherboard so that you can take full advantage of the dual-GPU setup. Getting an AMD APU based RIG is useless in this scenario.
Hope this answers your query. Cheerio!

Thanks, cleared the air.
For now i3 2120 seems fine, I will have to look for ivy one as even on flipkart its i3 sandy bridge.

Hi almost final everything, just 1 query on motherboard, one of my friend said avoid chipset motherboards, go for original intel or asus one. Are these concerns valid?:unsure:

One thing happened great, i3 3220 ivy bridge released, now I can get best of ivy+low power+1600Mhz ram.:)

I3 3220 is not available even in SMC International. I doubt if its yet launched in India bcoz our local shop said if its launched then it gets launched simultaneously all over India by Intel distributor.

Wonder how long I will have to wait.:sleep:

I3 3220 is not available even in SMC International. I doubt if its yet launched in India bcoz our local shop said if its launched then it gets launched simultaneously all over India by Intel distributor.

What is this a guy just brought price quotes from them. Check the PC Buying thread.

I can go in person next week and check out the availability in person.

Great.

BTW, Pune and Mumbai is just 4hrs distance by train. So I am thinking of buying all from prime abgb bcoz I also asked them about nzxt gamma and they said shipping will be rs.650 and octroi extra.
nzxt gamma is not available in Pune, nor in flipkart.
Can we travel with cabinet in train is the question.:lol:

Great.

BTW, Pune and Mumbai is just 4hrs distance by train. So I am thinking of buying all from prime abgb bcoz I also asked them about nzxt gamma and they said shipping will be rs.650 and octroi extra.
nzxt gamma is not available in Pune, nor in flipkart.
Can we travel with cabinet in train is the question.:lol:

For short hauls, I do not think it will be an issue, if you are carrying no other luggage so you can ask the Railways to make an exception in your case. Cheerio!

NZXT Gamma is not available over here, so what do you think of Cooler master elite 431 plus? It has front usb 3.0 which may go well with this gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H too.

Back