Wd cavier blue 1tb - rs 3700

Samsung s840 120gb ssd - rs 6200

Asus dvd writer 24x - rs 1000

Logitech gaming keyboard &mouse - rs 1500

Dell 2312HM Ultrasharp LED - rs 14500

Saphhire hd 7970 3gb boost edition - rs 28000

Total - rs 94,600

This is a beast rig for gaming:D

thanks alot is there anything else if i can add more 6-7 k? for cooling and all? coz i dont hav any external cooling like AC, so i will be playing in room temperature for very long hours :(

To handle adequate cooling you can add these 4 fans to your cabinet carbide 400R - CM Silent case fans kit (4 in 1) - http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?...tegory_id=322&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54
Note: Careful how you orient the fan flow for best push-pull results [google your cabinet for plenty of solutions]

CPU Cooler - Add this (as Intel's stock heatsink & fan is not that great ) - Antec Air Cooler Series C40 ~ 1950/-
or chose this one [proven and most popular] - CM Hyper 212 Evo ~ 2191/-

With the above 2 solutions you can run your system 24x7 without any AC or Ceiling Fans kept on in your room.
============================================

PSU - Seasonic 620W is actually Rs 5120/- [this is among the best prices and not what has been quoted above]

SSD - Chose Samsung pro series [this is among the best]

RAM - Chose G.Skill Ripjaws Z 1600 or 1866MHz (if available) - the heat spreader of the Z series is lower in height than the X series and will not interfere with the CPU cooler.

@ASHISH65 - It will help OP & us too if you provide links to the prices (in many cases the prices given by you are too low)

To OP - where do you plan to buy your stuff from (city?)

Cheers
Terry

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks alot is there anything else if i can add more 6-7 k? for cooling and all? coz i dont hav any external cooling like AC, so i will be playing in room temperature for very long hours :(

What Ashish65 has suggested is a great config for gaming PC; you could alternately opt for Biostar Hi-Fi Z77x motherboard to provide better gaming sound experience as well. If you can add a couple of more to 6-7k, then, go for Cooler Master Seidon liquid cooler fan for your CPU, and Razer Carcharias Headset as a gaming headset to complement your mobo's sound quality. Corsair 400r already has 3 fans for cooling so along with liquid cooler, it will sufficiently keep your PC from being overheated even at room temperatures.

........you could alternately opt for Biostar Hi-Fi Z77x motherboard to provide better gaming sound experience as well......

Well, well, wellcome to TE Alex. No one has ever suggested Biostar boards on TE for the simple reason that theirs is one of the poorest build quality, although the model suggested by you appears to be their entry into the high-end spectrum to compete with Asus, Gigabyte & MSI.

Thanks for all your info, i will be purchasing it from Pune. and was thinking to swap mother board to ASRock Z77 OC Formula. heard is pretty good.

Better wait for Haswell. Its 15/20th June that you will have it all over the markets here in India. If you cant then Asishs configuration looks great to go.If you are in to clocking your cpu get a board like Asrock Fatal1ty Z77Pro or Asus P8Z77-V PRO for around Rs 16,500/16,200 or less for full atx and Asus Maximus Gene V for mATX.

You are fine Ripjaws X ,RipjawsZ are more suitable and come matched in Quads for X79 Chipset application.Dont overspend on Rams coz the real world difference are minimum when compared to the money spent.

The suggested monitor is great but if you want a even larger one take a look at the AOC i2757fh for Rs 18500.Its a great display for the money.

Asrock after sale service is not good and +1 for waiting for haswell.[DOUBLEPOST=1369324624][/DOUBLEPOST]@terence_fdes all that prices are of local prices.you know all online store are overpriced.
you get around same price or even low of what i quoted in local store for sure:)[DOUBLEPOST=1369324807][/DOUBLEPOST]@karthik shetty you can come to lamington to buy products from stores like primeagbg (They have less price on store than they show in their site),Mccan infoysis ..etc

Yea i can visit lamington road, btw even lot of my friends told me to wait for haswell. i think i will do that. but is haswell processors compatible with current motherboards? so i will purchase the rest and wait for processor to come out.

Thanks @terence_fdes for welcoming me. :) I suggested Biostar based on its review here at http://www.legitreviews.com/article/2027/ . With onboard good sound the gaming experience will be enhanced I guess. Yeah, you're right in saying that they want to establish themselves against likes of ASUS and gigabyte now. Maybe now Biostar wants to strengthen their image with good products and service.

If you can wait for a month or two then do so.

I foresee some stability in pricing of Haswell by July end - each of their iterations i3/i5/i7 will perform significantly better than Ivybridge. If you are going to be spending a lac (or more), then wait for the next generation.

These components will change in your config (proc; mobo; power-supply; cpu-cooler) and maybe other things too (not necessarily haswell related, but newer models of Cabinets; gpu's etc).

Until then read up and catch up on the aspects of each component in your RIG ;)

so i think with haswell if i am going to purchase whole list will be different :dead: but i feel if am spending lakh on a new pc i better go with haswell so anyone can update the list please? final config with haswell proc aside :)

so i think with haswell if i am going to purchase whole list will be different :dead: but i feel if am spending lakh on a new pc i better go with haswell so anyone can update the list please? final config with haswell proc aside :)

The config suggested above is good but as said by vinash we better wait until we know the pricing of haswell in INDIA.

I guess there wont be much of performance difference between ivy and haswell but we are close to release so lets wait and see.

Back