Budget 51-70k Gaming PC

Shawshank_XD

Recruit
  1. What is your budget?
    • 50-60k
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor and other peripherals required
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • The above mentioned monitor and peripherals[keyboard, mouse etc]
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU – Anything that gives me performance and fits the budget
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard. Okay with ddr4 as well
    • GPU – preferably a 30 series card. Okay with the second hand market
    • PSU – anything that is sufficient for the build
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Final build
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Bangalore
    • Open to online purchase
    • Open to second hand market for the GPU
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Other basic uses [browsing etc]
  8. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • no
  9. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Racing – Assetto Corsa Competizione, F1, WRC
    • Simulators – Microsoft Flight Sim 2020
    • Other games – FC 24, CS2, Assassins Creed, etc
  10. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
  1. Gaming - 1920x1080
  2. Desktop – 1920x1080
  1. Are you looking to overclock?
    • no
  2. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 11
Unfortunately i cannot exceed the 60k budget and im looking for a build that can run the games at high/ultra at an enjoyable fps. This pc is solely for only gaming purposes. I have never built a pc before since i was a console gamer so i have very less information to work with on my own. Thankful to any help i get!

Note: Above build won't boot without GPU as there's no iGPU on CPU

Visit Ankit Infotech (PCStudio online) & Supercomputer at SP Road. See if they can build the above build for similar cost. Beware, sellers will try to fool you, so do your homework first & know about all the parts. I heard stuff like R5 3600 is better than i5 12400 for gaming because of extra cache of former (to be clear, i5 12400 is superior than R5 3600 in every aspect of performance).

Used 3060Ti goes for 18k or so for Inno3D, Galax models with warranty or bigger brand ones without warranty, will be a good choice if you can get it over a new RX6600.

There's no monitor or peripheral included.

If 60k budget is strict, buy PS5 disc for 40k & a 43" 4K TV for 20k. PC will always cost more for similar specs & PS5's GPU has like 6600XT like performance.

Note: Above build won't boot without GPU as there's no iGPU on CPU

Visit Ankit Infotech (PCStudio online) & Supercomputer at SP Road. See if they can build the above build for similar cost. Beware, sellers will try to fool you, so do your homework first & know about all the parts. I heard stuff like R5 3600 is better than i5 12400 for gaming because of extra cache of former (to be clear, i5 12400 is superior than R5 3600 in every aspect of performance).

Used 3060Ti goes for 18k or so for Inno3D, Galax models with warranty or bigger brand ones without warranty, will be a good choice if you can get it over a new RX6600.

There's no monitor or peripheral included.

If 60k budget is strict, buy PS5 disc for 40k & a 43" 4K TV for 20k. PC will always cost more for similar specs & PS5's GPU has like 6600XT like performance.
Hey thank you so much! As of purchasing a PS5, i did contemplate buying one but if you add the cost of every game [4k minimum] and the additional costs of playing online and other functions I felt that spending an extra 20k for a PC is worth more since i already have all the games that I want to play and can possibly use it for other activities as well. Is there any specific store or website that you would recommend for looking at used gpus?
you will need atleast 6700xt or 3070(8gb not good) to play on high/ultra 1080p on the sim games, especially flight simulator.

assuming you have monitor, keyboard, mouse, ups
here's a 60k budget build with 3060, increase your budget by 5-6k and get a 6700( https://mdcomputers.in/sapphire-radeon-rx-6700-oc-10gb-11321-03-20g.html )or used 3070 under 30k

i can sacrifice the "ultra" preset and play around with the settings to make the game look good along with maintain performance. I unfortunately cannot exceed 60k so maybe i can look at the second hand market for a used 6700. is there any physical store or website you would recommend that i take a look at for used gpus?

Last edited:
wouldnt recommend anything less than 32gb ram if u plan on playing AAA games of 2023 or later.
if budget is an issue, go with 16gb stick and upgrade later down the line.

If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
  • Racing – Assetto Corsa Competizione, F1, WRC
  • Simulators – Microsoft Flight Sim 2020
If you play MSFS a lot, save up and get the 5800x3D. It is a very CPU intensive game, if you're ok with locking it to 30fps, then above recommended builds will do just fine. Else you will be CPU limited in busy areas or if you want to increase LOD. Not as much of an issue for other games.

I've had them tell me CL19 RAM is better than CL18, because 19 is greater than 18 :tearsofjoy:

Never ask them to give the best build for your budget. They will realize you are naive and give a shitty build with sub par components, but with flashy RGB.
Go from shop to shop with the components list and check prices. Get individual components at whichever shop quotes the lowest price. If you can't assemble the components yourself, then buy them all at one shop, and ask them to do it for you. But don't install the GPU there except to check. It may break in transit to your home.

Last edited:
I unfortunately cannot exceed 60k so maybe i can look at the second hand market for a used 6700.
Keep in mind 6700 and 6700xt are very different cards. 6700 non-XT is a 10 GB card that is around the same perf as a 6650XT 8GB, ~15% slower than a 3060 Ti/6700XT. Also would recommend looking at the following chart (courtesy of HardwareUnboxed) if your favorite games make you sway for team red or team green since the difference on average (~2% is negligible). Also DLSS just looks better than FSR if you ever end up using them, keep in mind Nvidia GPUs get FSR support anyway while AMD GPUs can't do DLSS. (I'm not dogging on AMD, I don't like Ngreedia as well but it's unfair to not say the truth.)
Capture.PNG

wouldnt recommend anything less than 32gb ram if u plan on playing AAA games of 2023 or later.
if budget is an issue, go with 16gb stick and upgrade later down the line.
if he chooses a mobo with 4 slots won't it be better to stick with 2x8 until he himself doesn't feel the need to upgrade on his own? Single stick is just getting worse experience today in the promise of upgrade tomorrow. Unless it's significantly cheaper (the ram or a mobo with only 2 ram slots) I recommend you to stick (haha) with 2x8, op.

If you play MSFS a lot, save up and get the 5800x3D. It is a very CPU intensive game, if you're ok with locking it to 30fps, then above recommended builds will do just fine. Else you will be CPU limited in busy areas or if you want to increase LOD.
kindly check price of 5800x3d and reflect upon your recommendation may deer member.

Hey thank you so much! As of purchasing a PS5, i did contemplate buying one but if you add the cost of every game [4k minimum] and the additional costs of playing online and other functions I felt that spending an extra 20k for a PC is worth more since i already have all the games that I want to play and can possibly use it for other activities as well. Is there any specific store or website that you would recommend for looking at used gpus?

i can sacrifice the "ultra" preset and play around with the settings to make the game look good along with maintain performance. I unfortunately cannot exceed 60k so maybe i can look at the second hand market for a used 6700. is there any physical store or website you would recommend that i take a look at for used gpus?
PC is surely cheaper in the long run & moreover you can do a lot of other things on a PC. These are my reasons for not buying a console. But consoles are & will continue to be cheaper upfront.

Anyways, see what quotes you get from SP Road for that build or if you are lucky to get used GPUs as well there.

if he chooses a mobo with 4 slots won't it be better to stick with 2x8 until he himself doesn't feel the need to upgrade on his own? Single stick is just getting worse experience today in the promise of upgrade tomorrow. Unless it's significantly cheaper (the ram or a mobo with only 2 ram slots) I recommend you to stick (haha) with 2x8, op.
2x16gb is preferred most of the time instead of 4x8gb, something to do with memory controller.
someone else can explain this better than me

Keep in mind 6700 and 6700xt are very different cards. 6700 non-XT is a 10 GB card that is around the same perf as a 6650XT 8GB, ~15% slower than a 3060 Ti/6700XT. Also would recommend looking at the following chart (courtesy of HardwareUnboxed) if your favorite games make you sway for team red or team green since the difference on average (~2% is negligible). Also DLSS just looks better than FSR if you ever end up using them, keep in mind Nvidia GPUs get FSR support anyway while AMD GPUs can't do DLSS. (I'm not dogging on AMD, I don't like Ngreedia as well but it's unfair to not say the truth.)View attachment 182781
dlss is one of the main reasons im leaning towards the rtx 3060 ti over and an amd card. is it possible to actually find a used rtx 3060ti under 20k?

exactly what i was thinking. whoever i have spoken to has told me 16gb ram is just about enough for now. i plan on upgrading the pc in later on in the future so i can decide then correct?

so after reading the advice given, i feel like a used rtx 3060 ti should be my go to card since its good in performance and fits the budget. what would be an alternative IF i cannot find a used rtx 3060 ti? will a 12 gb 3060 card be good enough?

Please read the rest of the reply too, and look up benchmarks of MSFS on regular CPUs ;)
The 5800x3d is objectively a bad buy at 33-35k INR when the 7800x3d exists at 38k-inr for much higher performance for just 3-5k more. I cannot in good faith suggest plonking an badly priced cpu like that on a budget build. OP's budget is 60k and he mentions the limit to be very strict, highly doubt even a 5800x3d with a gtx 1660 or lower could catch up to a 5600/12400f with a 3060 Ti/6700XT. Unless he snags a good second hand deal on 5800x3d as well, I can't see him extending budget for 22k more at which point again - spend 3k more for the 7800x3d.

so after reading the advice given, i feel like a used rtx 3060 ti should be my go to card since its good in performance and fits the budget. what would be an alternative IF i cannot find a used rtx 3060 ti? will a 12 gb 3060 card be good enough?
a used 6700XT :tearsofjoy:, much better than overlooking amd and going that far down the performance stack. Keep in mind the 3060 Ti and 6700XT are ~30% faster than a 3060. No amount of DLSS is worth sacrificing that much performance.

is it possible to actually find a used rtx 3060ti under 20k?
finding good deals in the used market is about being in the right place at the right time dawg, can't guarantee anything but be on the lookout. I want to upgrade to a 4070 Ti sometime next year from my rusty 1050 ti laptop, will stick to used market as even saving 10-15k is a good deal and I'm not in a hurry. I can't say how much you are willing to lie in wait for a good deal like me.

hmm this is new information, does this phenomenon occur only with 4x8 or all 4x setups? Genuinely curious.
With DDR4, 2x16GB or 4x8GB makes no difference in stability or performance. It's only with DDR5 that instability occurs when all 4 slots are used, which can be mitigated after several PC reboots and RAM tuning.

Back