(Gaming Rig) Assembling PC, Parts Chosen but need suggestions...

^^ get a ssd and a 1 tb hdd.imho this is the best combination.and yeah dont get a ssd any less than 80 gig,since you are building a 1 lakh rig i am sure you can spend a few k's more to complete it.

chaztin said:
Lol, mere insult of XT. But I agree to every bit of it :).

Also for the same price that I will pay for XT, I can get 3 x 1TB Barracuda :D or even better is to spend on SSD plus 1 x 1TB Barracuda (adding some cash).

Also you are suggesting this RAM right? TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!CORSAIR XMS3 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model CMX4GX3M1A1600C9

^^ Roger that on the RAM call [same one], as for the hard-disk I'm telling you get -- 2 x Seagate Barracuda's 7200.12 RPM, later get the SSD once this 25nm NAND issue has been clarified and prices have stabilized.

ALPHA17 said:
^^ Roger that on the RAM call [same one], as for the hard-disk I'm telling you get -- 2 x Seagate Barracuda's 7200.12 RPM, later get the SSD once this 25nm NAND issue has been clarified and prices have stabilized.

Totally agree with you and did this already :). Ordered that RAM and 2 x Barracudas...Even I think SSDs r super over priced let alone over priced. Also its like gambling that the SSD that I buy might show up issue with my RIG and that would really not be a great experience considering this is my very first custom built PC.

Also my PC/Laptops are online almost 24x7 so it doesn't matter if it boots up fast or windows works lightning fast.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

vantheman5211 said:
^^ get a ssd and a 1 tb hdd.imho this is the best combination.and yeah dont get a ssd any less than 80 gig,since you are building a 1 lakh rig i am sure you can spend a few k's more to complete it.

Agree with you buddy but I am using Asus Board so dunno which SSD would be best...so as vantheman suggested its better to wait for a while.

Back