Gaming Rig for 50k

vint

Disciple
Based on the popular opinion here, I've more or less decided to go with the desktop instead of a laptop :cool2: . But the budget remains the same - 50k. Also, I plan to use this desktop for another 3-4 years min. So please help me out guys.

Q: What is your budget?

Q: Preferences ?
24" Full HD monitor with hdmi / dvi /headphone out support
Not interested in buying speakers
Quad core CPU if possible :)

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
No upgrades for another 3-4 years

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Bangalore

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No
Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Watching HD movies
3D Modelling
Rendering
Photoshopping - in that order
Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Do not want to buy Asus product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic
Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Shooters - Metro 2033, Crysis Warhead at high or above :eek:hyeah:
RPGs - Dragon Age: Origins, The Witcher etc, again at high or above
Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - Full HD
Desktop - Full HD
Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No
Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit
Apple m(h)ackintosh, if support comes later :eek:hyeah:

wait a little more.

amd hexa core thuban is going to release.

either thuban will fit in your budget or thuban will surely give a price cut to other proccy's.

Components Description Price (INR)

Processor AMD AthlonII X4 630(2.8Ghz, 4 cores) 5200

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H 5500

RAM Corsair XMS3 4GB kit(2*2GB) 1333MHz DDRIII RAM 6200

HDD 500 GB WD Blue 2350

GPU Sapphire HD5770 1GB GDDR5 9750

Monitor Benq G2420HD 10500

Cabinet CM Elite 310 1550

PSU/SMPS Corsair VX450 3800

Key Board Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 1100

Mouse Gigabyte GM6880 Laser Mouse 900

ODD L.G. GH22NS30 /Samsung SH-S22F SATA DVD-Writer 1100

Total 47950

You can opt for a 22" G2220HD~7.6k and squeeze in a HD5850. Also if you are willing to gamble you can go for the 555BE and try to get that unlocked to a quad.

^^ that sounds quite good. BTW, how much of a diff does it make, if I go for dual core, with a 5850 card ? If I go for a i3 530 + p55 mobo, will it be inferior to the setup you mentioned ?

The HD 5850 costs ~ 15k. Even if you get the dual core setup (which will cost even more) you wont have enough money to buy it. Plus, you'll need a VX550 if you are going to add multiple drives/OC. A VX450 would be a tight fit.

vint said:
^^ that sounds quite good. BTW, how much of a diff does it make, if I go for dual core, with a 5850 card ? If I go for a i3 530 + p55 mobo, will it be inferior to the setup you mentioned ?

Better for gaming. But for 3D Modelling, Rendering, Photoshopping more the cores the better.

As rdst_1 says the AM3 mobos supports the upcoming Thubans but i guess the LGA1156 wont get any new processor architecture as intel plans to release Q65/Q67 series chipsets with LGA1155 socket for the upcoming Sandy Bridge architecture early next year.

So in case you feel the need for more cores in the future, upgrading is much easier if you choose to go the AM3 way.

i don't get it....why does everyone recommend benq monitors here?? why aren't samsung or lg of even dell being recommended to people??

i suppose samsung's 2233sw is the best piece available when it comes to picture and color quality...is'nt it? although it is a little expensive than the benq model...but still...samsung is a better company than benq and it certainly would give you a better after sale service than the later...

just a thought :)

@cooler, does samsung have a monitor with hdmi/dvi input and speakers/headphones support ?

@DA, you make a valid point. I guess AMD is the way to go. But a 4 core processor for such a low cost ? What is the catch ?

Also, is vx450 enough for the setup ?

vint said:
@cooler, does samsung have a monitor with hdmi/dvi input and speakers/headphones support ?

@DA, you make a valid point. I guess AMD is the way to go. But a 4 core processor for such a low cost ? What is the catch ?

Take some time and go through the AthlonII X2 620 reviews. The Athlons lack L3 cache which the Phenom's have. Clock to clock not much of a performance difference between a AthlonII X4 630 ~ 5.2k and a PhenomII X4 925 ~ 7.1k except in a few games.

Athlon II Or Phenom II: Does Your CPU Need L3 Cache? : L3 Cache: How Important Is It To AMD?

You should research a bit and learn at least something about what you are gonna buy :) There are loads of reviews out there and most of them are quite easy to understand even for beginners.

With the Corsair VX450 you can easily run a AthlonII X4 and a HD5850 but a Corsair VX550 ~ 5k gives you a bit more head room for future upgrades.

vint said:

i does not come with HDMi but if u really do use HDMI then go for benq.....i suppose samsung is a brand that you can trust that it will last in the long run for like 3-4 yrs...

OK finally got the below config from Ankit Infotech, Bangalore. Cost me 56k+VAT

intel i5 750

intel DH55TC mobo

4 GB DDR 3 kingston RAM

Sapphire 5850 1GB gfx card

Seagate 500 GB HDD

Dell ST2210 LCD monitor

Coolermaster centurion 5 II cabinet

HP Dvd writer

Logitech MK250 wireless kb+mouse combo

What do you guys think, is the cost too much ?

corsair VX 550W, yeah, I sort of forgotten the prices .... I'll try to see if i can get the bill when i reach home and put it here.

Back