Budget 90k+ Gaming Rig + HD Movies - 90k+

saneguy

Disciple
Questions

1. Q: What is your budget?
    • 90K+
  2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 ghz
    • Motherboard - Intel
    • GPU - NVidia Geforce 8800 GT
    • RAM - Transcend 2 GB
    • Monitor - Viewsonic 17"
    • SMPS - Corsair
    • Keyboard - Razor Tarantula
    • Mouse - Razor Deathadder
    • Speakers - Altec Lansing 5.1

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Keyboard - Razor Tarantula
    • Mouse - Razor Deathadder
  4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel Core i7 3770k
    • Motherboard - Asus P8Z77-V (Pro / Deluxe)
    • GPU - GTX 670 (Asus / Zotac)
    • RAM - G-Skill F3-12800CL9D - 8GBx2
    • HDD - Seagate ST2000DL003 - 2 TB
    • SSD - Intel (Already have this)
    • SMPS - Corsair TX850M
    • Optical Drive - DVD Writer?
    • Monitor - Dell U2312HM - 23"
    • Cabinet - No idea
    • Cooler - No idea
    • Speakers - JBL Harman Kardon Soundsticks III
  5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes final configuration
  6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai - but desparetely looking for someone good who can assemble this config for me. Since its high-end I am looking for someone with experience. Do not mind spending a little on the assembly.
  7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None so far
  10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Racing - High settings
  11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - Best possible
  12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • Yes
  13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
    • Windows 8 (if its worth it)
Thanks for your help in advnace. Let me know your thoughts. Most importantly you request a recommendation for someone in Mumbai who can assemble this properly.

@saneguy this is what I suggest --

Intel Core i5 3570k ~15000/- + Thermalright Silver Arrow ~4000/- OR Corsair H80 ~6500/-
ASUS P8Z77-V ~16000/-
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3600/-
nVidia GTX670 ~28000/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~4800/-
HP [boxed] optical drive ~1000/-
Corsair TX v2750W ~6600/-
Corsair Carbide 400R ~5500/-
DeLL U2312M ~15000/-
APC BR-1100VAIN ~5000/-
Corsair Vengeance 1500 gaming headset ~4500/-

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is going 30k over 90k do consider this,Also Sapphire/Msi HD7950 OC-28k would be better choice since OP is overclocking,Everything is fine unless OP sticks to 90K many things would have to be compromised.
saneguy this is what I suggest --

Intel Core i5 3570k ~15000/- + Thermalright Silver Arrow ~4000/- OR Corsair H80 ~6500/-
ASUS P8Z77-V ~16000/-
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3600/-
nVidia GTX670 ~28000/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~4800/-
OCZ Vertex4 128GB ~8100/-
HP [boxed] optical drive ~1000/-
Corsair TX v2750W ~6600/-
Corsair Carbide 400R ~5500/-
DeLL U2312M ~15000/-
APC BR-1100VAIN ~5000/-
LOGITECH G400 ~1500/-
MICROSOFT Sidewinder X4 ~2000/-
Corsair Vengeance 1500 gaming headset ~4500/-

This is going 30k over 90k do consider this,Also Sapphire/Msi HD7950 OC-28k would be better choice since OP is overclocking,Everything is fine unless OP sticks to 90K many things would have to be compromised.

Thanks for notifying, I actually had not done any math on this as OP's budget is also open at 90K+. Let us see if saneguy goes insane after seeing these prices.

He already has the SSD so knock the 8.1k off that. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Also he has the Kb + Mouse + Speakers. So that,s another 6k he wont have to write-off.

I don't see OP mentioning SSD in his existing config,Keyboard and mouse can be cut as he has it already,Also speakers hasn't been suggested,Headset is so no need to cut anything on that part.

- - - Updated - - -

Also he has the Kb + Mouse + Speakers. So that,s another 6k he wont have to write-off.

[*]Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
  • Speakers - Altec Lansing 5.1

[*]Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
  • Speakers - JBL Harman Kardon Soundsticks III

Speakers. So that,s another 6k he wont have to write-off.

He has an SSD and a mouse + keyboard but he wants to purchase the Soundsticks III speaker system.

Damn OP is really confusing us as he should write SSD in Existing Configuration,People will not look at the fourth point since there has been a question to fill up what they have.@TheIcebreaker Correction about the no SSD thing,Cheers.:)
^You need to stare at the first post once again and you'll see it. ;)

Thanks for all the replies guys. Technically I couldnt write the SSD as a part of the existing desktop. Its lying unused - packed and sealed. But I guess mentioning it in the original config may not have been a bad idea :) Sorry

Also I am ok for the budget to go around 120k - 130k. On the OC option - I would rather stick to original components with better memory / speed and would resort to OC in the near future and not immediately. I will read all the options given and come back with some more questions !! Thanks guys...

Also I am ok for the budget to go around 120k - 130k. On the OC option - I would rather stick to original components with better memory / speed and would resort to OC in the near future and not immediately. I will read all the options given and come back with some more questions !! Thanks guys...

Let me up the ante a wee bit and suggest Asus SABERTOOTH Z77 for this build [This one has NO CONTENDERS AT ALL even beyond our Planet Earth ;)] ...... Rs 19.5K This is the F1 schumacher or the harley-davidson of all motherboards

OP originally was after the Asus V-Pro/Deluxe Ed which is priced similarly, so except for the Wi-Fi missing, the sabertooth - for OCing; stability; performance; dust-protection; excellent UEFI Bios; amazing asus "exclusive" software support; plenty of supplementary cables; all superb & premium quality components + 5 year warranty ...... well is there anything that's missing :bleh:

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/4878/asus_sabertooth_z77_intel_z77_motherboard_review/index12.html
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboards/display/asus-sabertooth-z77_6.html
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131821

plus if you can squeeze it go for your original 3770K ............ 3570K has no hyperthreading [the 3770K is better suited & for higher OC than the 3570K]

Can I ask which series SSD it is?

It is Intel 320 Series - 160GB. Got it from the US for Rs 9.2k (after conversion)

Let me up the ante a wee bit and suggest Asus SABERTOOTH Z77 for this build [This one has NO CONTENDERS AT ALL even beyond our Planet Earth ;)] ...... Rs 19.5K This is the F1 schumacher or the harley-davidson of all motherboards

OP originally was after the Asus V-Pro/Deluxe Ed which is priced similarly, so except for the Wi-Fi missing, the sabertooth - for OCing; stability; performance; dust-protection; excellent UEFI Bios; amazing asus "exclusive" software support; plenty of supplementary cables; all superb & premium quality components + 5 year warranty ...... well is there anything that's missing :bleh:

ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 (Intel Z77) Motherboard Review - Final Thoughts :: TweakTown USA Edition
Asus Sabertooth Z77: the Most Protected LGA 1155 Mainboard. Page 6 - X-bit labs
Newegg.com - ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

plus if you can squeeze it go for your original 3770K ............ 3570K has no hyperthreading [the 3770K is better suited & for higher OC than the 3570K]

Well well. what can I say. I looked at this board earlier and sort of rejected since I wanted Wifi on-board. But I guess you have reversed my decision. So Sabertooth it is then :) Also my budget permits so I'll go for 3770k. What should I do for the WiFi? USB or Internal card? Also any other suggestions / options for a cabinet? And any help on someone who can assemble this for me in Mumbai?

Thanks all for your help so far.

Instead of spending 4k more on Mobo OP should get Sapphire/Msi HD7970 OC-34k which will help him boost performance in Gaming which is his great priority.The Asus Z77 V Pro is very good of Ocing,I don't see need to upgrade from it.It's OP's choice but getting better GPU than choosing Sabertooth over V-PRO is a better upgrade.

ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 (Intel Z77) Motherboard Review - Final Thoughts :: TweakTown USA Edition
Asus Sabertooth Z77: the Most Protected LGA 1155 Mainboard. Page 6 - X-bit labs
Newegg.com - ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Instead of spending 4k more on Mobo OP should get Sapphire/Msi HD7970 OC-34k which will help him boost performance in Gaming which is his great priority.The Asus Z77 V Pro is very good of Ocing,I don't see need to upgrade from it.It's OP's choice but getting better GPU than choosing Sabertooth over V-PRO.

Thanks for this suggestion. I dont know why but somehow I am not keen on an AMD card. I will keep this in mind though before the final call.

- - - Updated - - -

Additionally I was also looking at various Monitor options. I saw the Dell 23 Inch - U2312HM, Samsung - 24 Inch - S24B370H and the Dell 24 Inch - ST 2420L. On Flipkart the price difference is significant between the 23 Inch Dell and the 24 Inch Dell and Samsung. I am not able to understand the reason for this difference. Are there any features that are significantly better on the 23 Inch Dell? I thought as the size increase the price would increase. Should I then go for the 23 Inch or one of the 24 Inches (larger and yet cheaper?).

Dell 23 inch LED - U2312HM Monitor: Flipkart.com

Samsung 24 inch LED - S24B370H Monitor: Flipkart.com

Dell 24 inch LED - ST2420L Monitor: Flipkart.com

Thanks for this suggestion. I dont know why but somehow I am not keen on an AMD card. I will keep this in mind though before the final call.

- - - Updated - - -

Additionally I was also looking at various Monitor options. I saw the Dell 23 Inch - U2312HM, Samsung - 24 Inch - S24B370H and the Dell 24 Inch - ST 2420L. On Flipkart the price difference is significant between the 23 Inch Dell and the 24 Inch Dell and Samsung. I am not able to understand the reason for this difference. Are there any features that are significantly better on the 23 Inch Dell? I thought as the size increase the price would increase. Should I then go for the 23 Inch or one of the 24 Inches (larger and yet cheaper?).

Dell 23 inch LED - U2312HM Monitor: Flipkart.com

Samsung 24 inch LED - S24B370H Monitor: Flipkart.com

Dell 24 inch LED - ST2420L Monitor: Flipkart.com

The Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM is the best value-for-money IPS panel monitor and priced at Rs 15.5K [at prime .... when stocks are there] or directly from Dell & bargain for this price :) .... It beats all other's in it's price range. Technically also the best as the calibration you do will remain fixed for months. The other Dell 24" is a very much lower end monitor as compared to the 23" quoted above.

Cabinet : (The hardest decision to make)
Bitfenix Raider Gun-metal Window edition .... upto 6.7K
NZXT Switch 810 - with Amazing cooling options check this blog .... priced 10.5K

Couple all this with a Noctua CPU Cooler

Cheers

Go for the DeLL U2312M because it is an eIPS monitor, the viewing angles and the colour reproduction will be better compared to the regular TN options that you are comparing it with. That is why they are so much more expensive, for more on the same -- LCD Panel Technology - S-IPS, VA, Super PLS and TN Monitors.

If you do not want to go for the HD7970, look at the GTX670.

So Sabertooth it is then :) Also my budget permits so I'll go for 3770k. What should I do for the WiFi? USB or Internal card? Also any other suggestions / options for a cabinet? And any help on someone who can assemble this for me in Mumbai?

Thanks all for your help so far.

I do not have experience with Wi-Fi boards/dongles ..... but I guess if it's a must then a PCIe card is best.

Also where in Mumbai are you located (Give us your address/location) .... maybe some TE guys are in your vicinity...... and errr I am not qualified for the job :(

Go for the DeLL U2312M because it is an eIPS monitor, the viewing angles and the colour reproduction will be better compared to the regular TN options that you are comparing it with. That is why they are so much more expensive, for more on the same -- LCD Panel Technology - S-IPS, VA, Super PLS and TN Monitors.

If you do not want to go for the HD7970, look at the GTX670.

Thanks this was seriously very helpful. Makes things crystal clear. So I guess I am pretty fixed on the Dell U2312M for sure. Also I am looking at GTX 670 as the option for the Graphics card. Zotac or Asus whichever is available easily.

I do not have experience with Wi-Fi boards/dongles ..... but I guess if it's a must then a PCIe card is best.

Also where in Mumbai are you located (Give us your address/location) .... maybe some TE guys are in your vicinity...... and errr I am not qualified for the job :(

I stay in Andheri (W). I looked at the NZXT Switch 810. Superb peace of cabinet. I am trying to work the measures of my computer table to see how it will fit in.

Back