ganguly vs chappell

Agarkar is hopeless he has been given a lot of chances, so is Zaheer Khan. Ganguly as Funky rightly pointed is playing for himself rather then the team.

ganguly last 25matches average is 26

http://stats.cricinfo.com/guru?sdb=...edhigh=;csearch=;submit=1;.cgifields=viewtype

sehwag last 25 is 29

http://stats.cricinfo.com/guru?sdb=...edhigh=;csearch=;submit=1;.cgifields=viewtype

gangulys last 15 test average is not very bad either .. its not good but ok he is in bad form

Either way going by the same merits, sehwag does not find a place in ODI. On his day sourav is match winner too.. anyone is.. and as far as weakness goes even sehwag can't face short pitch stuff in ODI's. And just cos he scores a decent score in 15 matches does not deserve a place.

For sachin, scoring runs??? sure he is ,, we saw how he played in pakistan. And in Australia he was totally lean throughout and in whole series hit a slow century and got his average up. Even forgetting that, Does he even deserve a place now after bin out for 5 months. Someone rightly said, let him proove himself in ranji and then come. Same for Ganguly

playing for the team?? tell who plays... except dravid and maybe kaif

sachin did.. But with his injuries even he now plays a game where he can score a century not caring two hoots about run rates and team planning..(remember dravid sachin episode)

ganguly last 25matches average is 26

Discount the runs scored against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, and then check his average. He is playing pathetic since a long time now.. Sachin I agree to a point is outta form.

As far as Sehwag goes, you cannot drop him period, check out the no of matches we have won when Sehwag has scored half century, he is a match winner period.

well that was tests.. and so what.. does that guarantee a team sqad place forever.

that way ganguly has more runs under his belt then anyone else other than sachin in present team. Guess that deserves a lifelong ticket on that logic.

well that was tests.. and so what.. does that guarantee a team sqad place forever.

Hmm I misread it, One day he is one of the most important players ( not mentioning we are short of good openers) Take his record, we have won 90% of the games when he has scored a 50 +. Also take his performance against a varied attack, he has been able to perform at all levels, he is not consistent but his variance is consistent. Not to forget he attacks very early on, that not only gets the run rate up but also builds a comfort zone for our middle order. Sehwag at the moment is indispensable and after Rahul Dravid he is one of the most imp players rt now.

Ganguly has been giving a lot of bias towards players like Zaheer khan, Harbhajan Singh etc. Same can be said with Sachin, he is responsible to an extent for agarkar's existence till now.

Count_Down said:
I read about people raving about Agarkar's performance and checked his stats for the Zim-Nz-India series. I think performance against teams like Zim masks a few things. Agarkar's bowling against NZ in the three matches in the same series are given below. I don't think even Agarkar will claim that those are decent figures. Similarly, Ganguly's century against the Zim team is not also a sign of his getting into any sort of form.

Agarkar against Nz

7.1 0 45 2 (Econ Rate) 6.28
10 1 61 2 (Econ Rate) 6.10
6.1 0 43 0 (Econ Rate) 6.97

Now, compare these stastics of Agarkar against NZ among other Indian fast bowlers like Pathan and Nehra, you would find thier stastics similar to him. So if he should be dropped, so should they be also.
For doing a analysis of bowling performance in a match for a bowler, take note of bowling performances of his fellow team mates too, to really see if a bowler's done good or badly.

Hitman said:
Now, compare these stastics of Agarkar against NZ among other Indian fast bowlers like Pathan and Nehra, you would find thier stastics similar to him. So if he should be dropped, so should they be also.
For doing a analysis of bowling performance in a match for a bowler, take note of bowling performances of his fellow team mates too, to really see if a bowler's done good or badly.

OK, here you go. Below the consolidated bowling figures are given for the three matches against Nz. Agarkar has the poorest average in terms of runs per wicket and worst economy rate (in terms of runs per over).

Pathan
8 1 34 3
9 0 60 2
5 1 40 0
22 2 134 5 (total)

RPO (econ Rate) 6.09
Avg (Runs per wkt) 26.80

Nehra

8 3 22 2
10 0 57 2
6 0 40 0
24 3 119 4 (total)

RPO (econ Rate) 4.96
Avg (Runs per wkt) 29.75

Agarkar
7.1 0 45 2
10 1 61 2
6.1 0 43 0
23.2 1 149 4 (total)

RPO (econ Rate) 6.39
Avg (Runs per wkt) 37.25

Do we have another fit fast bowler?

And forget about how he performed. See how NZ played that series.

They went out with 8-9 batsman in every match. And went bang bang bang every single match.

well yes, ganguly is outta form and do not deserve a place in the squad just coz he's a captain but the accusations made against him by chappel are meaningless.

sure hes not the fittest physically but i don think he needs to prove his mental toughness/fitness. he's the most successful indian captain and chappel shud keep that in mind before making such idiotic statements.

as for breaking the team...chappel is doing that more than ganguly. rmmbr him asking ganguly to step down on eve of 1st test against zimbabwe. weird.

^^ on the pretext of motivating him.. sure you motivate but do we need a captain to be motivated the day before the test. Are the selectors jokers who selected him if he needs motivation?

Problem with us is that we just care of present. The guy is not doing well, kick him. I see all the past players now talking about Ganguly all of a sudden. Everyone now says he has flaws from start. Where were they 1 year back. 2 yr back?? Mr azhar came on TV and said well that what greg says is right.what is his own credibility. All these guys who are coming on tv and making claims have themselves been criticized by the team in past and by ganguly in particular for being irresponsible(and they were...) so now they see a good time to get back.

I am not saying don't remove ganguly. Remove him but give him some respect. Cos in 2 months you will have to get him back period. We know our team. The same channels which are after him will in 2 months start covering his county 100's and ranji 100's and start saying why is he out and will start saying dravid is a failure(if he becomes captain) Dravids record as captain anyway is poor.

About sehwag.. firstly if he makes 2-3 half centuries in 25 matches doesn't mean he deserves the place. His technique has bigger flaws. he can't take short pitch and on the body balling. And on seaming tracks he is yet to proove himself .(I am talking ODI's.. don't confuse the two) Even when he has made triple hundreds he was dropped 5 times. In australia in his 195 knock he was dropped on 16(or something) a sitter catch. With sehwag you always have 90% chance of getting out. He is as unpredicatble as they come. Is that what you want from openers? But he will retain his place cos we DONOT have anyone to replace him. Others are even worse.(actually on the match winning logic, afridi is the best match winner.. he fires, match over,, but his still dropped all the time)

If there is anyone out there that plays for country its dravid, sachin(earlier atleast he did,, now not sure) kaif.. with these guys you know they giving 100%. Most of the ballers do also.

point is we donot have any others to take their place unlike australia and greg is thinking this is australia.

a nice read all the way...

the way we(indian cricket team) choke in finals is realy annoying and really thought provoking.

what i think about that is the team is told before the series see this team and that team is superior is to you if you reach up to this point you are successful and the players get self satisfaction by beating one or two teams and reaching the last step and sit down like a deflated balloon.

we need to change the team selection policy itself.
try it out for some time and then criticise some individual.

chappel and ganguly saga:

well australians are always arrogant and aggressive in their approach and this was supposed to happen any moment of time as ganguly with backing of dalmiya and co was having unopposed say in playing eleven and the moment someone (in this case chappel) raise voice he was uncomfortable and his not being in form and discussion about dropping dravid captain without his fault added to it and he tried a last ditch effort to point out chappel as the cause of concern and he succedded in creating politics about coach and captain in country.

there are always dumb assess who have secured a seat in indian cricket team with help of captain / board / region / quota / politician. now we need to look at some other countries domestic cricket firts

say australia / england / newzealand.

how many of you know that the level of competition in pura cup is so intense that sometimes the drama is more intense than international game.

while england players always play in county or one day or 20-20 events between tests or odis, go there and rectify their mistakes and faults and come back stronger.

see the intensity of contest between australia and england in ashesh series.

the indian team is missing that huddle and intense bond between players.

yes we need some changes not drastic but gradual.

Count_Down said:
OK, here you go. Below the consolidated bowling figures are given for the three matches against Nz. Agarkar has the poorest average in terms of runs per wicket and worst economy rate (in terms of runs per over).

Pathan
8 1 34 3
9 0 60 2
5 1 40 0
22 2 134 5 (total)

RPO (econ Rate) 6.09
Avg (Runs per wkt) 26.80

Nehra

8 3 22 2
10 0 57 2
6 0 40 0
24 3 119 4 (total)

RPO (econ Rate) 4.96
Avg (Runs per wkt) 29.75

Agarkar
7.1 0 45 2
10 1 61 2
6.1 0 43 0
23.2 1 149 4 (total)

RPO (econ Rate) 6.39
Avg (Runs per wkt) 37.25

Okay, i agree he bowled not so well in first match of series, but that was probably due to he was making a comeback after a long time in international cricket.
But compare his performances with his team mates in the other two matches.
Pathan Economy rate is 7.14 and his average is 50
Nehra's Economy rate is 6.06 and his average is 48.5
Agarkar's Economy rate is 6.45 and his average is 52.

Performances of the 3 bowlers are almost similar.Atleast he did much better, than them against Zimbabwe.So you can't just leave him out for the next series, he's a valid candidate for selection.

Hitman said:
he was the second best bowler in the series(second only to Shane Bond), so how can you say he's out of form.
He was the one eyed man among the blinds......c'mon

And yes though Chapell tells tht Ganguy is phy and ment. unstable.....wont comment on tht unless ganguly's off-field tactics are known

BTW yes Ganguly Should Step DOWN atleast as a captain

guys c we dont miss sachin now..........since we know kaif and shewag r ppl to b trusted.......but sometimes or mor often they r being made scapegoat..............kaif now...to promote yuvi.........

i know ppl here r doubting alot abt agarkar now...........but c ..as far as i rememb when he mad to indian team...i hardly saw him with less than 3 wickets per match.....also lookin his l8 swings earlier i thought he will b worlds best bowler ever...he proved...by being the fastest 50 wickets takin bowler...i guess 21 matches..........but he has been made a scapegoat alot.............yup i remem the bombay duck incident in ausies.......5 ducks in row.....but c the last ausie season he took 6 wickets twice and also contributed with bat.....which is highly doubtfull abt gangully or others............i guess his first injury was bane for him...he was thrown out...and had to prove alot.......also don know wht denis lile did...and now i hardly c him swinging the ball.....but rememb he can contribute with bat....he also share the fastest 50 record.....i guess he must b developed lik a tailender..lik 96 worldcup jaysuriya...jus for pitch hittin....

now to shewag....i think now he is trying to worsten himself....he is not technically correct batsmen but i guess present scenario asks that.....its not the time to b a technically correct batsmen lik gavaskar and score 36 in whole 60 overs..........so he must b led free.....yup if he doesnt score than some suggestion must b given...but shd b left alone...also this days he is deviatin frm the game.....and the blunder which he did jus now was.......while opening his own restaurant he said...this is his retirement plan...cmmon man i know when he will b 36....he will b even mor fearfull and at that time he must b knowing its hard to keep a place in team...so he will go all hard on ball...and will b the best batsmen.....and he is thinking abt retirment damn

nehra......i h8 him the most......after ever series he gets injure.....though he serves the best 4 series or not............i guess he also fakes his injury so that every next time he gets bak in team..avoiding a kick.....

zaheer......damn cheater....i know him sittin out frm odi....and same nite hav a bash in mumbais disc.... bombay times carried his pict dancing........also the hayden -zaheer world cup final incident......sux....1 ball hayden leaves and he sledge hayden as if he is shoaib akhtar...and in next 5 balls he gives 21 runs...........

harbhajan.....still the one aussies series way bak...and still dancinmg on that name...and 4 got the same ricky pointing...in the latest aussies series hitted 3 sixes of 4 balls of him

tendu.........wanted to say abt him....but he was my idol once...and he does prove his stand when in team...so i 4give him

kaif.....wht else can i say.....scapegoat

yuvi.....better concentrate on kim...and when only u r abt to b axed then only perform

kumble.....why r u still in indian team retire man........and play in english county..this team doesnt deserve u.....and u mustleave odi now...u dont hav gr8 legs now
irfan....gr8 goin guy keep it up..and don get in ads much

balaji......better batsmen than nehra in end time(six to shoaib)..must get a chance

dhoni.............i need to check him a littl mor...

and guys do giv me mor names.......i have completed 30 mins wasting on this post........time up...lol

EVERYTING SAID IS ALL ABT REGIONLISM,FAVOURTISM,& OPPORTUNISM!

BTW,CRICKET sucks for ME!

(& BEWARE of the MEDIA,it DRIVES EVERY1 NUTS)

Back