Gears of War 3 - Discussion Thread

BHULLAR BOYS

Disciple
Epic Games is planning to reveal its next video game within the week, debuting it on national television. Many are expecting it to be the third Gears of War. What might Gears of War 3 bring to the popular third-person shooter series?

According to a new report from Edge, Gears of War 3 will introduce new underwater gameplay mechanics and shake up the series' popular cover system. How? With the addition of new weapons that travel underground and a new breed of tentacled Locust enemies that can overcome traditional means of cover.

Edge also writes that the COG members of Delta Squad will have access to "a heavy duty mech suit" in Gears 3, all of this according to a "US publishing source."

That's apparently the same source that pegged Gears of War 3's coming out party for today, April 8. Gears of War designer Cliff "The B" Bleszinski was supposed to appear on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon today to unveil the developer's next game, an appearance that has been pushed back to Monday, April 12. Microsoft spokespeople are helping to promote the show on Twitter, possibly an indication that the game will be an Xbox 360 title, the home to Gears of War.
Epic Games showed off new features from the engine that powers the Gears of War games—and many, many others—at this year's Game Developers Conference. Those new Unreal Engine 3 tricks included new liquid metal rendering tech and better foliage for more realistic jungle environments.
Source:: Rumor: Gears Of War 3 Adds Underwater Combat, Mech Suits & More - Gears Of War 3 - Kotaku

Re: Rumor: Gears Of War 3 Adds Underwater Combat

Yeah also the cover system is going to be improved

Music to my ears. Having completed Gears of War 2 recently, this is a great news. But will have to wait nearly a year for it. :(

They always use awesome soundtracks for the trailer. First GOW trailer had Mad World by Gary Jules and this one also features another nice track Heron Blue by Sun Kil Moon. Don't remember what was in GOW2's trailer though.

Anyway, I'm sad because GOW2 and most probably 3 as well won't come for PC. :(

More screens cometh!

marcusravensnestshot548.jpg

shotcheckoutcraweb80362.jpg

shottrenchesasgdweb9279.jpg

Crap, I cannot wait to lay my hands on GeOW 2! :D

I am getting an xbox 360 PRIMARILY to play this... amazing game!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

hopefully my GOW 2 would be done before GOW 3 releases :D

Awesome swcreenies my friend!

Back