Graphic Cards Geforce 9600GT: Is this normal?

rite

Skilled
Hi

C2D E4500 @ 3.3GHz
2GB DDR2 667
MSI Geforce 9600GT @ Stock
Vista Ultimate 32Bit

UT 3
Often the FPS drop to 40s or lower 50s and then the game becomes slightly choppy and lacks smoothness. Tried playing on 12x10 MAX 4x AA, 12x10 MAX no AA, 12x10 Max but post processing muted 4x AA: both with and without hardware physics

Crysis Demo(played on XP)
Runs aweful at 12x10 High. Runs good on 12x10 High with Shadows on Low

Prostreet
Doesn't run acceptable beyond 12x10 4x AA 16x AF, 8x AA makes it crappy!

The card isn't much of an improvement over my 1900xtx:no:

i have downloaded the latest drivers. the problem is that lag is due to slow fps mainly.

crysis demo 12x10 v high gives me sub 15 fps, no AA

XP is just a little better. but benchies are done on vista, they don't seem that bad

rite said:
Hi
C2D E4500 @ 3.3GHz

2GB DDR2 667

MSI Geforce 9600GT @ Stock

Vista Ultimate 32Bit
UT 3

Often the FPS drop to 40s or lower 50s and then the game becomes slightly choppy and lacks smoothness. Tried playing on 12x10 MAX 4x AA, 12x10 MAX no AA, 12x10 Max but post processing muted 4x AA: both with and without hardware physics
Crysis Demo(played on XP)

Runs aweful at 12x10 High. Runs good on 12x10 High with Shadows on Low
Prostreet

Doesn't run acceptable beyond 12x10 4x AA 16x AF, 8x AA makes it crappy!
The card isn't much of an improvement over my 1900xtx:no:

OMG- not again. :(

Deja Vu.............

If you want acceptable Crysis performance, ditch DX10 render path, read this : TweakGuides.com - Crysis Tweak Guide

And for the love of god, ditch vista with that kind of setup and just 2 Gigs of ram.

Your gaming experience wont be wonderful on vista for sure with 2 Gigs of RAM and trying to run DX10 games with 9600GT with 3.3Ghz C2D. If you dont want to, then suffer. There is no other immediate solution.

UT3 @ 40Fps won't be that smooth, the frame rate will drop during heavy firing sequence. Reduce the settings a bit and play @ 60 fps.

Crysis, don't bother playing @ 15fps. Forget it.

ProStreet is again a badly coded game.

well in crysis and in many games if you enable AA, it gives much better fps. All the people who have benched this card have reported the same.

Anyways something might be wrong with your card, have played crysis on a 9600GT with everything at high settings and at fps ranging from 30- 60 fps averaging around 35 fps.

EDIT: Also you need to tweak the game a lot if you want acceptable frame rates in Vista. Try google for a guide

Aquamatrix said:
well in crysis and in many games if you enable AA, it gives much better fps. All the people who have benched this card have reported the same.

:O At the risk of being proven wrong, FUD? AFAIK, AA always always will lead to a perf hit, never an improvement. :p Someone correct me if I am wrong here.

I read that crysis demo gives lesser performance. okay

But I don't get UT 3, my 1900xtx ran it nearly flawless at 12x10 MAX no AA, this card is just a lil better and the FPS dips are more than before the upgrade. I have dropped settings below I played on my previous card and the performance remains just the same. making pcie bus 103mhz helped a lil!

Besides, is C2D @ 3.3GHz slow??? Is 2GB RAM less?

tried it, doesn't help too much. besides websites say that vista isn't much hit even if you have a dual core + 1GB RAM

Make backup of current OS via Norton Ghost or Acronis tool. and install fresh XP with SP3, install 175.16 and latest Dx9 March edition. Check HDD for bad sectors and DMA/PIO Mode.

techie_007 said:
:O At the risk of being proven wrong, FUD? AFAIK, AA always always will lead to a perf hit, never an improvement. :p Someone correct me if I am wrong here.

yes you are wrong ...AA on 9600gt improves performance

rite said:
you have the exact same rig nitari, on which settings do you play these 3 games?

i have only two of those games NFS pro-street and UT3

NFS- prostreet runs smooth no lags @ 16AF and 4x AA 1280 x1024(choosed a random grip race for the test )
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
4698, 93227, 20, 84, 50.393

UT3 - a little lag in intense fights 16AF and 0 AA 1280x1024 (map -CTF -Coret)
2456 frames collected over 59.67 seconds, disregarding 11.93 seconds for a 51.44 FPS average, 84.51 percent of time spent > 30 FPS
Average GPU frame time: 0.00 ms

system is same as my sig only the processor is oced to 2.4 ghz
using Vista premium home trial version ( 9 days left :( to expire)

it may be a bottleneck at 667 mhz of rams.. cuz 9600GT is pretty powerful for all these games.. i am surprised at the fps u ve shown in the first post :O
there could be something wrong with the card.

Back