Graphic Cards Geforce 9600GT: Is this normal?

Nitari said:
yes you are wrong ...AA on 9600gt improves performance

can you prove that statement with some kinda links????? Common sense and logic would tell me that its almost next to impossible, at best there would be no performance hit, but the concept of performance improvement is baffling me.

Edit : Sorry was on this page for a long time, didnt refresh, forget bout the question.

rite said:
Hi

C2D E4500 @ 3.3GHz
2GB DDR2 667
MSI Geforce 9600GT @ Stock
Vista Ultimate 32Bit

UT 3
Often the FPS drop to 40s or lower 50s and then the game becomes slightly choppy and lacks smoothness. Tried playing
on 12x10 MAX 4x AA, 12x10 MAX no AA, 12x10 Max but post processing muted 4x AA: both with and without hardware physics

Crysis Demo(played on XP)
Runs aweful at 12x10 High. Runs good on 12x10 High with Shadows on Low

Prostreet
Doesn't run acceptable beyond 12x10 4x AA 16x AF, 8x AA makes it crappy!

The card isn't much of an improvement over my 1900xtx:no:

Rams do matter my friend.. i had a 533 Mhz ram (2 gigs) earlier with a monster card in those times (Nvidia 7950X2) and i had to struggle with the fps in battlefield 2 .. got nearly 30fps with that card.. proccy was a core 2 duo 6550 clocked at 3 ghz.. what do u think is the matter .. i really dont think gfx card would be an issue there .. :D
As soon as i upgraded my ram to corsairs 800 Mhz XMS2.. the FPS shot to around 78-85 according to the inbuilt fps meter.. and u did mention the FPS in ur first post ... lol

Aquamatrix said:
Looks like I messed up my facts :ashamed:

9600GT gives better AA performance in comparison to other cards (this doesn't mean that it gives higher performances than other cards) that means the increase in performance over non AA settings in comparison to cards like 8800GT and 3870 is more. It actually does better than 3870 at AA enabled.

Links: Conclusion - Tom's Hardware : Nvidia's GeForce 9600 GT Tested

NVIDIA 9600 GT Reviewed: Best Low-Cost Gaming Card With Anti-Aliasing

hehe..thats more like it :p

so wout AA, it ll obviously give same/better frames ;)

Overclocked my RAM to 750mhz, i doubt it wud b a difference.

UT 3 runs okay okay at 12x10 4x 16x AF MAX. Removing AA gives little gain in terms of smoothness, in terms of FPS there is no gain.

Prostreet doesn't give FPS or big problems, but runs okay. Not buttery smooth as Carbon or MW

I used to have the lag problem in UT3. I was using Transcend JetRam 800MHz @ 5-5-5-15. Then OC'd the ram to 920MHz @ 4-4-4-12 & it completly removed the lag. I think in your case the 667MHz ram is bottlenecking the performance.

I have tried 750mhz, doesn't help too much. besides, mine doesn't even do 800!

anyway, why does my graphic card should 1.2GB in systemrequirementslab.com In Dxdiag it shows 1264mb!!!!

how is this possible???

Dont worry dude. Ur card is fine.. Problem is with current version of forceware drivers, these r not completely tweaked for UT 3.. Luk for next driver update..
Hmm seems UT 3 likes ur old X1900, shd b so coz ATI chug more fps in UT3 dan nvidia ones..

I had read a similar problem with an 8800GTS once and the problem that shaped out that the power connector was not plugged in properly maybe you can try that.

driver problem or an untable oc surely,unless you are trolling. :)
my 3870 rarely drops under 60fps@1680x1050 so its hard to imagine that a 9600gt is stuttering at 1280x1024.

TechHead said:
OMG! OMG! OMG!

The legend has returned! Dude.. have you posted about this on the [H], XS and AT yet?

He's changed man, a lot smarter than before mind you! A quick chat over MSN confirmed that his IQ with computers is surely up 25%, but he's still not lucky scoring with the chicks so he's looking for a private eye (I'm serious!).

TechHead said:
Boss! The legend has returned.. I cannot put my feelings into words :eek:hyeah:

FM, DP and sunny gave me a short intro yest; :lol:

Came with an Ati 1900XTX thread of the original TB; This one:

http://www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/x1900xtx-issues-74040.html

ANd another one here:

http://www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/stuttering-problem-with-ati-radeon-1900xtx-96574.html

Also found that he posted at XS, AT and those guys got pissed there as wel.. :lol:

And that he re-incarnated to several forms viz, Mad Hatter, rite etc.!!! :lol:

RiO said:
He's changed man, a lot smarter than before mind you! A quick chat over MSN confirmed that his IQ with computers is surely up 25%, but he's still not lucky scoring with the chicks so he's looking for a private eye (I'm serious!).

Roofles! A private eye for the chickas? What, is he gonna sic the detective on delinquent teenage females, and then blackmail them?

gannu said:
FM, DP and sunny gave me a short intro yest; :lol:

Came with an Ati 1900XTX thread of the original TB; This one:
http://www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/x1900xtx-issues-74040.html

ANd another one here:
http://www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/stuttering-problem-with-ati-radeon-1900xtx-96574.html

Also found that he posted at XS, AT and those guys got pissed there as wel.. :lol:

And that he re-incarnated to several forms viz, Mad Hatter, rite etc.!!! :lol:
Good stuff, no? Still.. I think he has every right to be here now.. better than some other people farking up Market.. cartels forming there I tell ya.

Back