Disciple

Attachments

• 71KFpRkiZzL._SL1500_.jpg
    71KFpRkiZzL._SL1500_.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 337
  • Screenshot 2021-11-16 204454.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-16 204454.png
    61.8 KB · Views: 353
Thanks for the initiative and also for posting about it here at the forums. I've struggled to find pads for certain use cases in the past. They seem to be useful when there is some gap between the metals after fitting. Will reach out to you later when I need them again.

Good pricing!
If only warranty isn't void I'd change it right away in mine.
Warranty still applies on fe cards unless you break something
Which ones are better Extreme or Ultimate? Looking to use it on my 2070 laptop VRMs & memory.
Will have to look up the thickness of the pads used in your laptop.
Interested. Checking thickness I need.
If you need help with the process lmk

Hey Guys

We've started working with Gelid to import their products into India. this is our first shipment of the same and more stocks will arrive for it shortly.

These prices are really low relative to the current market prices.
This forum has been amazing. Thanks for all the great support and feedback

Info on extremes : https://gelidsolutions.com/thermal-solutions/accessories-gp-extreme/

Info on ultimates : https://gelidsolutions.com/thermal-solutions/gp-ultimate-thermal-pad/
Kindly check pm. Thanks.

I can vouch for Gelid Extreme pads since I used them for my 3080 FE. They work great, the temperature difference is more than 20 degrees after re-padding.
Can't say about warranty though, I've kept the original ones for just in case.

I've spoken to them about the same before swapping my own parts

www.reddit.com/nozua7
Did you contact Nvidia Indian cc or global?
I saw many other reddit threads and comments saying it'll be void, that's why I'm a little confused.
I'll get back to you after checking the temperature difference for 3070ti Fe, memory is going 86c max while gaming so it's fine for now, it's the summers I'm worried about.
Can't say about warranty though, I've kept the original ones for just in case.
How are you storing the old ones? Technically I think while rma if we replace it to stock ones they shouldn't be able to tell since there aren't any warranty void stickers.

I'll get back to you after checking the temperature difference for 3070ti Fe, memory is going 86c max while gaming so it's fine for now, it's the summers I'm worried about.
GDDR6X throttles at 110-115C temp and max for them is 125C. This is normal for GDDR6X. There's nothing to worry about even if you see 100C on the sensor. Don't compare the temps to older generation of cards which are GDDR6.

Last edited:
Technically I think while rma if we replace it to stock ones they shouldn't be able to tell since there aren't any warranty void stickers.
I think so too.
How are you storing the old ones?
Using a cardboard of similar size. Like below:
IMG_20210910_153718__01__01.jpg

Make sure to add a layer of plastic on cardboard, then paste original pads, and then another later or 2 of plastic. The packaging plastic will work best because of stickiness.

GDDR6X throttles at 110-115C temp and max for them is 125C. This is normal for GDDR6. There's nothing to worry about even if you see 100C on the sensor. Don't compare the temps to older generation of cards which are GDDR6.
It's not normal, running it anywhere 90+ is not good. In some games it's getting close to 90c, in furmark it goes easily to 94c. This is now when ambient is at 24-26c, can't even imagine at summer when ambient will be 10c extra.

Also the card will throttle bad and never reach more than 110 plus let alone 120c. If it does reach 120c then it'll damage the GPU

Checkout this video

GDDR6X throttles at 110-115C temp and max for them is 125C. This is normal for GDDR6. There's nothing to worry about even if you see 100C on the sensor. Don't compare the temps to older generation of cards which are GDDR6.

Throttles hard at 110c. Micron max recc temp is 95. Nvidia is fine with upto 110. Swapping pads leads to temps of of 70c at stock mem clocks.

It's not normal, running it anywhere 90+ is not good. In some games it's getting close to 90c, in furmark it goes easily to 94c. This is now when ambient is at 24-26c, can't even imagine at summer when ambient will be 10c extra.

Also the card will throttle bad and never reach more than 110 plus let alone 120c. If it does reach 120c then it'll damage the GPU

Checkout this video
I refuse to believe in random video on the internet and do my own research and check datasheets instead.
unknown.png
unknown.png

The 2nd spoiler shows operating temp (measured on the surface of the chip) which is NOT the junction temp (inside the chip) which is reported in GPU-Z or HWinfo64. The junction temp can be higher upto 110C when the throttling starts.

Last edited:
Back