Get Set, Brian Laras Back - This July

Milestone is launching Brian Lara International Cricket this July, published by Codemasters

Milestone, the game distributor, is launching Brian Lara International Cricket this July, published by Codemasters for PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC.

Compared to the earlier version a key innovation is the incorporation of Hawk-Eye, the sports tracking and analysis graphics system, used by Channel 4 and Sky Sports in there televised cricket coverage. Brian Lara International Cricket will be the first video game to make use of Hawk-Eye.

Hawk-Eye uses sophisticated image technologies to aggregate, replay, and analyse ball and player movement to improve LBW decisions and compare bowlers speed, swing, line and length.

Hawk-Eye monitors and analyses your bowling accuracy throughout an over, showing the path of each delivery, where it pitches, and, most controversially, is used to see whether the umpire s LBW decision was the right call.

There are also action replays of boundaries being hit, batting milestones being reached, aggression between batsman and bowler, wickets falling, even the stump-cam blacking out when ball hits the stumps. It also has ducks waddling on-screen when players have been dismissed without scoring.

For the TV presentation, Brian Lara International Cricket brings together the voices of cricket, including David Gower, Tony Greig, Jonathan Agnew, Ian Bishop, Bill Lawry, and Jeff Thomson, to form the biggest commentary team ever featured in any cricket game.

[rank=www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/showstory.jsp?storyid=3838]Source[/rank]

Well hopefully this shouldnt be like the others, where after some playing around you can hit all the balls for a six or a boundary...

Aces170 said:
Well hopefully this shouldnt be like the others, where after some playing around you can hit all the balls for a six or a boundary...
so true m8..
but I think BLC will again prove to be the best..
I know the EA Sports cricket games are not good with gameplay
but the last Codemasters offering had gr8 gameplay..

I look forward to graphical excellence frm EA Sports
and good gameplay frm Codemasters...it will be a nice competition :)

well, after a long time maybe we'll get our hands on a good Cricket game, EA makes a mockery out of crixket and gamepplay with its like of games lol, lets see how good this new game from codemasters fair...

pcdvd0ea.jpg

One of cricket's greatest ever players, the West Indian captain Brian Lara, headlines a return to video gaming with Brian Lara International Cricket 2005 for PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC.

Brian Lara International Cricket 2005 will deliver all the atmosphere and excitement of major international cricket, in One Day, Tests and Tournaments, and have the perfect balance of gripping gameplay whether batting, bowling or fielding.
Note: The game is being released as Ricky Ponting International Cricket 2005 in Australia/New Zealand and as Brian Lara International Cricket 2005 in the rest of the world.

The game will be available on: PC-DVD, PlayStation 2 and XBOX.

System Requirements:

Recommended -
Operating System: Windows XP
Processor: CPU Pentium 4 2.4GHz or Athlon 2200
Video Card: Geforce FX 5700 or Radeon 9600 or higher
CD-ROM: CDRom 52x or DVD Rom 16x
RAM: 512 MB RAM

Minimum -
Operating System: Windows 98/2000/ME/XP
Processor: Pentium PIII 800 MHz Processor or AMD Athlon
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce or ATI Radeon 7000 or higher
CD-ROM: 4X or Faster
RAM: 256 MB RAM

Aces170 said:
Woot you need to field manually ? Nevertheless lets just hope its better then Cricket 2004
yep..it will be better than Cricket 2004...
but can't say if will be better than Cricket 2005 or not..
as of now..the EA offering seems better. :p

We are getting closer and now BLIC seems better :D
ANyways, its scheduled for July 22nd launch and demo to be available from June 30th.
here's the advert

I have seen the Gamer TV coverage of this game

the graphics of the game were not upto the mark as we all were expection or mebbe that gamer tv was running it on a crappy gfx card

i dun remember it much coz i was watching it at 2 in the nite and din have a sleep for 32 hrs

wodnt like to spoil the fun if u really damn serious abt the game

but as with all sports title, the fun goes after a while , doesnt matter how good the game is, but still we play it :p

Back