Getting 200+ KB/s speeds on MTNL !!!

Funky said:
When it comes to internet nothing is good enough. Unlimited is must to be honest and faster the better.
I dont mind paying if i am getting high speed unlimited access.
If tomorrow MTNL brings 2mbps unlimited plan for 2k i will take it. But it should be completely unlimited.

2mbps i great speed...even me now running out of HDD space after just few hours of 2mbps Unlimited download....:hap2:

Praying tat this 2mbps speed continues...:cool2:

oooo i aint against unlimited ... but then... god only knows when they would come out with unlimited plans... and 2mbps unlimted u can forget abt that.. cause mtnl would then loose out its high paying customers.. for its DSL silver/gold/premium schemes... why would it wanna loose those customers ?

at best it could give 256kbps speeds.. but then again if the corporates are smart enough they could take these unlimited schemes and shun the 2mpbs limited schemes for which they are paying insane amounts..

so i doubt any unlimited scheme would be announced in mumbai..

btw funky .wat happened to the experimentation of 512kbps speeds for NU users?

aaah some ppl have started gettin 2mbps speed on unlimit plans of mtnl........source ppl on digit mentioning this......goodnewsformtnl guys now.....

Well MTNL guys tell its on exchange basis as of now. Meaning some telephone exchange users are getting full 2mbps for all packages and some are getting it only for limited packages.

How long this will go on is unclear. Dahisar exchange to which i am connected is giving 2mbps for all packages. I can also confirm this for borivali-kandivali area where 2 of my friends are getting full 2mbps. One of my friends in andheri is not getting 2mbps on his NU account.

So its still unclear what will happen in the future.

BTW MTNL updated their site. Now they dont mention 2mbps packages. They are mentioning it as 256kbps/ Upto 2mbps ;)

Hey guys,I'm from Andheri (Marol).I called up the helpline today and he said that all the plans have been bumped up.
But here's the thing,when I run the speed test through the MTNL site it tell's
me my BW is 1.8Mbps.However,when I trid dowloading a song of a website it downloads at the regular speed and fluctuates a lot.I'm guessing this is probably due to site.BTW my plan is 590NU (night unlimtd).Has this plan also been bumped up??:S Could someone clarify this for me please:(

@ TechHead, bhushan told me, all his plans, are NU.

12-7am. Im trying to make that 12-9am.

2mbps NU is still better than 512kbps Unlimited (Which is not true unlimited btw :|)...

Homer said:
Hey guys,I'm from Andheri (Marol).I called up the helpline today and he said that all the plans have been bumped up.
But here's the thing,when I run the speed test through the MTNL site it tell's
me my BW is 1.8Mbps.However,when I trid dowloading a song of a website it downloads at the regular speed and fluctuates a lot.I'm guessing this is probably due to site.BTW my plan is 590NU (night unlimtd).Has this plan also been bumped up??:S Could someone clarify this for me please:(

Officially 590NU plans are on 256kbps...:p

But they are testing so for tat reasons ppl at different regions havin 590NU are getting different speeds..Sum getting abt 2mbps meanwhuile others still on the normal 256kbps one...:p

Me getting 2mps speeds check it out here....:)

Test Results:

From Official MTNL Site...

From Speedtest.net

Thats exactly the speed I get when I run the test also.:)
Could you try downloading something and check the download speed.
BTW are you also on the 590NU plan:huh:

Homer said:
Thats exactly the speed I get when I run the test also.:)
Could you try downloading something and check the download speed.
BTW are you also on the 590NU plan:huh:

Yup me to on 590 NU

Check dis....:hap2:

I dont understand why i'm not getting a high download speed even though the MTNL speed test detects my is having 1.8Mbps.:mad: :mad:
Anyways will try in the night and hopefully i'll get the high speed:(

lol why the hell would you try the pakistani server. I know it recommends pakistani server bcoz geographically its near. but routing between out countries suck.

Test from EU servers.

Lol...Just look at this Speed......1649 kbps...:wow:

Even I cudnot belive my eyes when the Meter just didnt stop running up and up...:eek:

Los Angeles got gr88 servers I gues....:hap2:

EDIT:

Record Broken....Paris just out did Los Angeles.....
:O

1701 kbps... :eek:

Check Out New York...1534 kbps...:wow:

Sydney came in at 1156 kbps...:hap2:

Suprise.....Lahore,it gave me a speed of 376 kbps....:wow:

And Finally Karachi(The Nearest)....another suprise...152 kbps..:wow:

Man watz up with MTNL server,Ridicoulsy High Speeds....:O

That's great dude:hap2: But when it comes to actual downloading I cant seem to get a speed above 100kbps for a long time.IT goes up but after a couple of minutes goes down again(talking about uTorrent client)
Any suggestions:huh: :huh:

Ok guys, finally I joined the club... my parents MTNL connection is clockin at 1.3 mbps. The catch is that its only 250 mb per month with 200 phone calls connection. Now that airtel is not doing jack about increasing speeds, I am thinking of permanently switching over to mtnl and changing my plans... I just want to confirm if any Delhi MTNL users on night unlimited plans are getting 2 mbps....

Back