Budget 51-70k Getting 3080 from the US

manish.sanil

Disciple
Advice required:

One of my friends in the US will soon be coming to India.
Does it make sense to purchase 3080 from the states considering no GPU AIBs (and Nvidia itself) provide no international warranty? The card is currently retailing at around 800 USD (for the Gigabyte OC version).

You can get new for 75-80k. Even Asus Rog 3080 is going for 80k now in FB. You can also consider mined/used 3080s with 2y+ warranty for 65k. There are also some used 6900xt for 70-75k. Prices are dropping down steadily, buy only if you really need it now.

I'm actually contemplating the same. 3080 Brand New for <60K from the US with no warranty or 70K for a mining GPU. Also depends if you frequently have people going back and forth to the US in the event you need an RMA. If you can get one for 65 as ^ mentions, then good. Paying 5k-7K more for peace of mind is worth it i guess.

Compare the prices at both ends and then decide. And buy specific aib brands which offer international warranty!
Unfortunately, no AIB provides international warranty apart from EVGA, which is useless for folks in India because EVGA has no presence here. I think you'd need to send the card to Taiwan for RMA
You can get new for 75-80k. Even Asus Rog 3080 is going for 80k now in FB. You can also consider mined/used 3080s with 2y+ warranty for 65k. There are also some used 6900xt for 70-75k. Prices are dropping down steadily, buy only if you really need it now.
That's interesting. Could you please point me to the FB group where I can find such deals?
I'm actually contemplating the same. 3080 Brand New for <60K from the US with no warranty or 70K for a mining GPU. Also depends if you frequently have people going back and forth to the US in the event you need an RMA. If you can get one for 65 as ^ mentions, then good. Paying 5k-7K more for peace of mind is worth it i guess.
If you are okay sharing it, where are you getting 3080 for less than 60k in the US from? The lowest retail price for the 12GB version that I can see is 799 USD. But I agree, investing in a GPU is a long-term idea, at least for me, so I'd opt for paying some grands extra.

From online shops, I can see that 3080GB 10G version costs north of 80-85k. 12G should go higher.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, no AIB provides international warranty apart from EVGA, which is useless for folks in India because EVGA has no presence here. I think you'd need to send the card to Taiwan for RMA
EVGA has officially entered in India just a month or two ago so warranty wont be an issue.
And also FE cards have global warranties.

If you are okay sharing it, where are you getting 3080 for less than 60k in the US from? The lowest retail price for the 12GB version that I can see is 799 USD. But I agree, investing in a GPU is a long-term idea, at least for me, so I'd opt for paying some grands extra.

From online shops, I can see that 3080GB 10G version costs north of 80-85k. 12G should go higher.
My apologies, my GPU died earlier this week and checked just yesterday without looking at the conversions rate. I assumed it to be 73/74. That said, I saw some $800 ones with $30 rebate.

That's interesting. Could you please point me to the FB group where I can find such deals?
Are you okay with 6900xt too? There is a Rog LC 1yr old for sale in hifivision for 75k.
EVGA has officially entered in India just a month or two ago so warranty wont be an issue.
And also FE cards have global warranties.
It's highly unlikely EVGA global warranty will be applicable here even if acro brings their GPUs here.

Are you okay with 6900xt too? There is a Rog LC 1yr old for sale in hifivision for 75k.
Looking for Nvidia cards only. Do you have a recommendation for the FB group? No worries if it's not immediately available. I'll track that group for any good offers.
It will as only evga is known for providing global warranty and they wont mess up specifically a new market..
This will be awesome if it happens. I'll contact Acro to verify.

Looking for Nvidia cards only. Do you have a recommendation for the FB group? No worries if it's not immediately available. I'll track that group for any good offers.
Acro for gamers, Zoukart, second hand components JD's tech, Akextacy. There are two WhatsApp groups, pc comp product listing but I'm unable to find it's invite link. No matter which group you're dealing with go only with admin method.

Back