CPU/Mobo Gigabyte Board Selection

+1 for GA-73PVM, as mentioned above 965 chipset is outdated and btw does the 965 chipsets support new 45 nm processors ? From what i previously read, most manufacturers didn't release bios upgrade for 45 nm cpu support in 965 chipsets . I am not sure about this :)

It should, typically with a BIOS update;

ASUS'd released them for their most famous P5B Series; :)

But dont support wolfies;

965 is old.

But I think gigabyte has released 45nm proccy support bios for most of the boards, better to check gygabyte's site for that.

One more thing is Intel doesnt officially support 45nm proccys on 965 chipset, so mobo manufacturers have released bios upgrades as experimental.

vivekbabbudelhi said:
^^what about gigabyte G31 mobo with HD 3450

Your Remarks for HD3450-512mb vs 7800GTX-256mb which is better ?

With respect to Price difference between 945 and g31 is 800, is worth ?

gcbeldar said:
How about 945 motherboard @2200 and add any 7600GT or 8400Gt in the range Rs. 2500

no that is unless :no2:
g31 or g33 it has 4 ram slot can run dual channel :)
945 and nf 7050 come only single channel and north bridge are weak and heat problem and wired issue bios :|

or u can get used mo from market find 650 ultra or p35 with any gpu card

Go for G31 and discrete Gfx card..Intel will have no hassles if u ever use linux, and G31 will support all the current n a few upcoming cpus'. Nvidia onboard Gf7100 will help only to run vista aero smoothly not the lastest games :).

Hey friend i think you confused with your selection of mobo's i would rather suggest you to search around the net select the best possible config. I have a site where you can find all your IT solutions Anythinginit - Website under maintenance! this site is an educational as well as trading site you can opt for any one through this site.

G31/P31 is definitely your best choice.

If you want to add a discrete graphics card then go in for the P31 chipset such as Gigabyte GA-p31-ds3l or the MSI P31-Neo

If you're gonna use the integrated GMA3100 then go in for G31.

The GA-P31-DS3L has support for ALL current Intel CPUs except Extreme Editions and does decent overclocking. Should be ideal for your needs.

Back