Gigabyte Feedback

If you strip those itty-bitty screws while overtightening then you are in for a world of pain.
That is a topic of varying opinions, most people say, tight them as much as you can, I've see people using washer under those spring screws. On the other hand few people say leave them a little loose.
I, myself think that tightening them well makes more sense, because you're basically making the contact between heatsink and die narrower. And if there are uneven places on heatsink, thermal paste will take care of them.

@nRiTeCh need your suggestion, sorry for OT.
As I dropped Gigabyte, I got a MSI Board today. My first experience with MSI and Vedant computers both.
Every thing working except I am not getting beep from the buzzer. I removed this mini speaker from a working board in good condition.
even tried a couple more buzzers and nothing worked.
called the online retailer, he provided mobile number for his local technician who on video called said Sir, if you're not facing any other issue it's fine.
some boards do get a beep some don't.
called the official MSI support , that lady also said the same also asked me to drop a request ticket as usual for further support.
Don't know if it's OK or some fault. I believe it should work as intended by manufacturer.
Should I call vedant again ?, Everything else is working good but it's heartbreaking for a 28.5k mobo.

As I dropped Gigabyte, I got a MSI Board today. My first experience with MSI and Vedant computers both.
Every thing working except I am not getting beep from the buzzer. I removed this mini speaker from a working board in good condition.
called the online retailer, he provided mobile number for his local technician who on video called said Sir, if you're not facing any other issue it's fine.
called the official MSI support , that lady also said the same also asked me to drop a request ticked usual for further support.
Don't know if it's OK or some fault. I believe it should work as intended by manufacturer.
Should I call vedant again ?, Everything else is working good but it's heartbreaking for a 28.5k mobo.
You mean the tiny speaker that beeps when the PC turns on?

Hoenstly is that mission critical for you to go through all the hassle of RMA and re-assembly of the PC?

If you have debug LEDs/display panel on the mobo that should suffice.

You mean the tiny speaker that beeps when the PC turns on?

Hoenstly is that mission critical for you to go through all the hassle of RMA and re-assembly of the PC?

If you have debug LEDs/display panel on the mobo that should suffice.
yes, that tiny buzzer we put on 4-pin header.
I've still not assembled as I was checking the board first.
Debug Led's working fine but this is disappointing for a new mobo.

yes, that tiny buzzer we put on 4-pin header.
I've still not assembled as I was checking the board first.
Debug Led's working fine but this is disappointing for a new mobo.
There's a setting in MSI BIOS you need to enable that to get the POST-beep.

1628603247184.png

Thank you bro, you're my Saviour, Bacha liya poore tamshe se aur RMA Se.
I didn't bothered to go through BIOS and created this not so called trouble for myself. I 'm impressed with MSI 's performance but it's too early to say anything.
I think they should enable this beep by default.

Thank you bro, you're my Saviour, Bacha liya poore tamshe se aur RMA Se.
I didn't bothered to go through BIOS and created this not so called trouble for myself. I 'm impressed with MSI 's performance but it's too early to say anything.
I think they should enable this beep by default.
I think the reason it's probably disabled by default is because in most of their boards (apart from the top end), they don't include the speaker (altho pins are there). So maybe they just copy pasted default UEFI settings across their lineup haha. Or maybe they thought people would be annoyed if the setting is on by default, and users who want this feature can enable it by themselves I guess. In any case, glad it's sorted out. Good luck with your build!

Last edited:
The BIOS is 99.9% same for all motherboards in MSI. Even the low tier A320 boards had the same BIOS with same UI elements, just the CPU OC settings don't work on them.
Obviously the AGESA code is proprietary and that's what drives the onboard chipset, rest of the stuff is just MSI's own shit.

I believe the POST beep is disabled by default because it's annoying for some people who are non-technical and is only usually needed when diagnosing stuff. The beep still works if some things like RAM or video card isn't working. It's just skipped when everything works and the system POSTs when that setting is disabled.

called the official MSI support , that lady also said the same also asked me to drop a request ticket as usual for further support.
The beep came by default enabled in older computers but with the era of UEFI & things got changed. In few mobos this settings came absent while in others it had by default turned off. As with UEFI, the mobo tools also became smart, in fact the entire current systems are so smart that simple debug leds etc are pretty straight forward to diagnose the fault. Not to forget auto recovery or even bios reset upon oc or xyz failure.
My Asus has this beep setting but when I enable it doesn't beeps. Tried 2-3 buzzers & it never gave any beep but never bothered as far as system is working great!
Someone answered your query and it was one it...off by default!

The BIOS is 99.9% same for all motherboards in MSI. Even the low tier A320 boards had the same BIOS with same UI elements, just the CPU OC settings don't work on them.
Obviously the AGESA code is proprietary and that's what drives the onboard chipset, rest of the stuff is just MSI's own shit.

I believe the POST beep is disabled by default because it's annoying for some people who are non-technical and is only usually needed when diagnosing stuff. The beep still works if some things like RAM or video card isn't working. It's just skipped when everything works and the system POSTs when that setting is disabled.
Yes, It's same for all other manufacturers too. I've seen same BIOS on most Asus boards. This Msi Bios is new for me and is looking impressive than Asus.

Things 've changed over time but still I believe they should enable this beep for some people like me.
I am used to this beep since more than 20 years. Besides these new BIOS debug codes or LED's this single beep at POST is something that make me happy. :laughing:

My experience is from 2018. My am4 b350 mobo after bios update began bsoding.Took it to the center at lamington road mumbai they reflashed it from scratch and gave it back. Same problem persisted after prolonged(1hr) usage under load. Took my mobo back there within 15 minutes they gave me a replacement. The original board had some other issues aswell the ps2 port was broken and not working out of the box but then i got ryzen first gen on launch day itself so. Although i have always had issues with components purchased from a certain large store in northern suburbs i suspect they are are selling B grade or Second ka maal under the name of first. Every new component i have bought from there has had some or other issue

Back