Gigabyte Feedback

No clue about warranty, although I have heard it is pretty bad for laptops at least. I chose to go for MSI despite hearing about these issues since a) motherboards usually don't have a very high failure rate anyway and b) I thoroughly tested everything when I got it and was ready to return it if it was doa or any other issue.

Honestly, with all these brands it does involve luck, I have had Asus boards die on me, still feel and believe they are a tier above. Corsair has always been amazing with the RMA process, have got replacements without much issue. During the Prime day sale, went for the Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AX, cause it was a good deal. If something goes kaput, will figure it out. But, mostly to each his own and a lot of other variables are involved in the RMA experience, unfortunately, we dont have laws to ensure seamless support pan India.

No clue about warranty, although I have heard it is pretty bad for laptops at least. I chose to go for MSI despite hearing about these issues since a) motherboards usually don't have a very high failure rate anyway and b) I thoroughly tested everything when I got it and was ready to return it if it was doa or any other issue.
Recently rmaed my msi mobo...they repaired it and got it back in like 2 weeks

A big retailer in Nehru Place I personally knew once said they have least failures in Gigabyte boards. Once my 3/4 year old Giga board died (I broke the socket pins while cleaning it) the service center gave me a replacement for out of warrantee board free of cost. None of the gigas I have used have given me any issues for years. This was a decade ago .... maybe things are different now... no clue. My next board will also be a Gigabyte.

I'm glad your system is running flawlessly. MSI is doing good, feelin pity for Gigabyte.
A couple of guys criticized MSI customer support, is it really poor.
Gigabyte has went at the bottom of south, MSI stands in mid (ASS sucks here and also incompatibility with few header things on few boards and accessories), Asus stays strong at the North pole/ on the top. Surprisingly Asrock sits just under Asus.
I have even used few Biostar mobos earlier and they have never disappointed me, ample of OC zone, tons of features and very vfm.

Last edited:
Gigabyte has went at the bottom of south, MSI stands in mid (ASS sucks here and also incompatibility with few header things on few boards and accessories), Asus stays strong at the North pole/ on the top. Surprisingly Asrock sits just under Asus.
I have even Biostar mobos earlier and they have never disappointed me, ample of OC zone, tons of features and very vfm.
Though Gigabyte is at South pole but these are all well reputed and trusted brands, seems like it's an overall degrade in manufacturing practice. A whole lot of features with poor compatibility and build.
Asus isn't offering 3 m.2 slots with B550 so I 'd chosen MSI (It will be my first MSI board).
anyways I ordered a MSI mobo let's hope it works as per my expectations.

I don't know what's with this whole thing of "Gigashit" etc. People on the FB communities going on and on about this, most of them have built 1 PC in their whole life. Before building my current system earlier this year, I was using a Gigabyte z77 board for 7 odd years until it died lol! But it served me well for 7 years!

I think the situation is like how people would simply bash AMD for overheating for ages, due to issues with their processors from like 20 years ago!

I'm no fanboy, and while I feel the software (RGB Fusion, App Center, SIV) that GB has is downright pathetic, their boards have been kind to me and the builds I have done for family and friends over the years.

I think some of their low-end/entry level boards are probably crap, but if you buy the Aorus ones i think you should be safe.

As for PSUs, people and with the level of confidence they keep saying they will 'blow up' are being a bit too dramatic. Tons of users on this forum have GB PSUs and have had zero issues. Prob worth avoiding if you are doing a super high end build or are into OCing.

Last edited:
I would much rather trust people like Buildzoid who see 10 motherboards a year than somebody who builds a system once in a decade.
RMA is a hit and miss with most companies in India due to bad consumer protection laws.

People really need to understand that they should evaluate individual products and not be brand loyalists. I bought OnePlus when they were value for money and had a good product but now I won't touch their devices with a 10 foot pole.

If ASUS had a product with good value (price : performance), I'd buy it, unfortunately in the present market they didn't. Gigabyte had a good product at a lower price and a community rep who was actively helping in sorting issues out, the risk was minimal.

Keep emotions out of a business transaction.

Gigabyte was the first one to come up with solid caps IIRC back in 2007/8...

then the rest followed.
I would much rather trust people like Buildzoid who see 10 motherboards a year than somebody who builds a system once in a decade.
RMA is a hit and miss with most companies in India due to bad consumer protection laws.

People really need to understand that they should evaluate individual products and not be brand loyalists. I bought OnePlus when they were value for money and had a good product but now I won't touch their devices with a 10 foot pole.

If ASUS had a product with good value (price : performance), I'd buy it, unfortunately in the present market they didn't. Gigabyte had a good product at a lower price and a community rep who was actively helping in sorting issues out, the risk was minimal.

Keep emotions out of a business transaction.
Nailed it. These are my thoughts too .. I just don't feel like writing so much in details. It is very hard to change anyone's opinion.
I don't know what's with this whole thing of "Gigashit" etc. People on the FB communities going on and on about this, most of them have built 1 PC in their whole life. Before building my current system earlier this year, I was using a Gigabyte z77 board for 7 odd years until it died lol! But it served me well for 7 years!

I think the situation is like how people would simply bash AMD for overheating for ages, due to issues with their processors from like 20 years ago!

I'm no fanboy, and while I feel the software (RGB Fusion, App Center, SIV) that GB has is downright pathetic, their boards have been kind to me and the builds I have done for family and friends over the years.

I think some of their low-end/entry level boards are probably crap, but if you buy the Aorus ones i think you should be safe.

As for PSUs, people and with the level of confidence they keep saying they will 'blow up' are being a bit too dramatic. Tons of users on this forum have GB PSUs and have had zero issues. Prob worth avoiding if you are doing a super high end build or are into OCing.
I think all entry level mobos of all brands are low quality.

Last edited:
I have a Gigabyte motherboard for past 7+ years (inbuilt wifi, love this the most).
There were issues with mobo not powering up, auto-shutdown, got it repaired locally at Andheri for 1200 INR. and works great since then.

So far I have used 3 Asus mobos. Their software and BIOS are bad but the hardware is good and never had to RMA anything.

I have used 2 Asrock boards but one of them was a Atom Q1900 embedded ITX board and the current build is a Pentium G5400 on a AsRock Z390M-ITX in my home file server build but these are low power rigs which were/are always rock stable.

I messed up my the CPU socket pins on my MSI Z87-G65 board back in 2014-15 but MDComputers handled the RMA so there was no trouble for me.

I had a Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming OC which worked very well so I went for a Gigabyte RTX 2080 OC on an impulse buy as well. Now on hindsight I should have gone for the MSI Lightning Trio X which was a bit cheaper and a better card in terms of cooling and GPU clocks.

Now I have been facing an issue for the past couple of months. While gaming the GPU temp would reach the limit of 83C and the fans would ramp up to 4000 rpm which was noisy AF.

Tried MSI Afterburner custom fan curve to no avail.

Then after reddit suggestions I opened up the GPU cooler which is a first for me and saw that the thermal paste is so crappy that it has turned to stone.

On top of that the thermal paste covered maybe 60% of the die area in the middle. Even a newbie wouldn't make such a mess. The cooler doesn't have a Nickel plated heat plate like good CPU coolers but the die is in direct contact with the heatpipes. Its not bad for a cheap card but for a 83k card this is a bit much.

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-08 at 3.37.03 PM.jpeg

Please note that I took this pic halfway through my cleaning so the paste is spread out over the die but that wasn't the case when I opened it up.

Applied my Noctua NT-H1 paste and then on a 30 min OCCT GPU stress test the temp didn't exceed 74C and the fans went upto a max of 2000 rpm.

Updated the VBIOS as well just to be safe and I am all good for now.

This is offtopic but has anyone here recently RMAed their asus gpus in bangalore?

Around 7 months back my gpu started acting strange where the fan speed would ramp up at full speed constantly and I couldn't control the fan speed settings at all. I didn't bother trying to replace it at that time because I had my online exams going on and I couldn't be asked to go without my pc at that period, plus most games were still running fine like before, no change aside from the fact that it was very noisy. On top of that the gpu crisis was concerning and I was worried it could take me months to get a gpu replacement and while I was thinking of replacing it during march break, lockdowns recurred and again the timing wasn't right.

Now today while playing alien isolation, my display suddenly stopped working midgame yet I could continue to hear audio. My first assumption was that the gpu was overheating and while I haven't confirmed it yet, I believe that's the only probable cause. The gpu would already hit 80c while I booted the game and after which I toggled off rivatuner so idk the temp of the gpu at the time of crashing. Plus the thermal paste must be gone by now lol (Oddly enough, gpu still runs fine playing esports games tho, prob because the load is less)

TLDR :- To anyone who's sent their gpu in for rma recently, how did you go by the process? Did you go to the website and register a complaint there first or did you directly go to the service centre? Also another thing, how long did it personally take you to receive your replaced gpu back? I'm planning of sending in my gpu in september since I have a break during that time but it's only for less than 2 weeks itself plus my warranty will be expiring next year feb so I'm not too sure how much longer I can wait. My gpu is an asus rog rx 570 btw. If it takes too long I might end up having to buy a placeholder gpu lmao

Applied my Noctua NT-H1 paste and then on a 30 min OCCT GPU stress test the temp didn't exceed 74C and the fans went upto a max of 2000 rpm.
I once tried re-pasting a Gigabyte GPU (1660 super), it was in similar condition, the thermal paste had turned to stone lol, I applied Arctic MX-4 and ended up having the temps increased by 2 degrees lmao.
Redid the re-pasting 4 times, but it was same, 2 degrees increase over the stock temps.

Finally settled with those 2 degrees of extra temperature.

I once tried re-pasting a Gigabyte GPU (1660 super), it was in similar condition, the thermal paste had turned to stone lol, I applied Arctic MX-4 and ended up having the temps increased by 2 degrees lmao.
Redid the re-pasting 4 times, but it was same, 2 degrees increase over the stock temps.

Finally settled with those 2 degrees of extra temperature.
May be you've applied more than required thermal paste.
It takes time to settle down, temps should be taken after 5-7 days of usage. just like when you shift to a different location.

May be you've applied more than required thermal paste.

Attemps:
  1. Applied MX-4, as much as a large rice grain, (temps were +5 compared to stock).
  2. Applied MX-4, as much as 2 large rice grain in a single line, (temps were +2 compared to stock).
  3. Applied Silver Ceramique 2 a line across, end to end (temps were +3 compared to stock).
  4. Applied MX-4, a line across, end to end, (temps were +2 compared to stock).

Attemps:
  1. Applied MX-4, as much as a large rice grain, (temps were +5 compared to stock).
  2. Applied MX-4, as much as 2 large rice grain in a single line, (temps were +2 compared to stock).
  3. Applied Silver Ceramique 2 a line across, end to end (temps were +3 compared to stock).
  4. Applied MX-4, a line across, end to end, (temps were +2 compared to stock).
No clue, but arctic is one of the top brand for thermal paste.
are there any scratches on heatsink base plate ?, may be while removing or something like that.

No scratches, but Heatsink is cheaped out, just a single copper pipe running through aluminium. And that copper pipe makes direct contact with GPU die.
The tightening of the screws might be a factor as well. The 4 screws around the die which push the cooler tight against the GPU were spring loaded for my GPU. But I wouldn't suggest going mental on the screws for 2C.
If you strip those itty-bitty screws while overtightening then you are in for a world of pain.

Back