CPU/Mobo Gigabyte G31 + HD 4350 + E5200 OR Biostar A785GE + Athlon II X2 240

MrRIG

Adept
Dear members please advice:

I am looking for DDR 2 based motherboard with CPU.

Occasionally Games to be played at lowest settings. (for children only)

AMD

Biostar A785GE (AMD 785/710 chipset) + AMD Athlon X2 240 = 6,500/-

Or

Gigabyte or Asus G31 Board + Intel E5200 + ATI HD 4350 DDR2 512 MB = 7,385/-

There shall be no upgrade in near future!!

Thank you

Proccy- Intel Dual Core E5200 -3.1k

M/B- Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L -2.4k

GPU-Sapphire HD 4550 512MB DDR-III -2.5k

Total-8k

This is better than Both of em.

But if i have to choose from Both of the config you listed then i'll stick to intel config.

go for amd athlon II x2 240 + 785g combo for better vfm.
performance of both the configs will more or less be the same.
amd x2 240 has hardware based virtualization which intel 5200 does not possess.

since there is no need of good graphics muscle go with amd setup its pretty much capable of playing games at min settings and more than capable of hd playback.....it will save u cash and power in the long run....if u want to add a better procy then go with x2 550be

I assume it wont be OCed. And gaming performance is not primary factor. The 785G's IGP shud pull easily most games at moderate resolutions. Additional card will add to the power consumption. You can always add a better card later, when needed after a year maybe.

An additional card[4350] shud add power consumption of about 40~60W, and performance gain wont be worth it.

+1 for the AMD setup. Cheap and complete VFM. Should u need the gfx card ,that can be added later (which would be cheaper and better going ahead in the future). go the AMD way.....(im almost heading into that same config too)

+1 for the AMD combo. Can go for a GPU when it is really required. No need to spend that extra for the GPU coz you dont need the extra GPU power.

naveen58 said:
Total-8k
But if i have to choose from Both of the config you listed then i'll stick to intel config.

I recommended this, as This system would be many times more powerful in terms of gaming performance. it can play all the latest games. plus, a dedicated GPU is preferred anyday over IGP.

naveen58 said:
Total-8k
Agree.
Spending on dedicated GPU is much better option than spending on IGP.
Incase you want VFM, then just buy Intel e5200 + Gigabyte G31 without investing more in GPU. Period.

There is a thread discussing A.S.S of biostar(Abacus) in this forum, it seems it's after sales is good.

Go for the AMD solution.

Back