CPU/Mobo Gigabyte M/B issues and new M/B advice request

I personally like gigabyte bcos there after sales is rock solid and they give very fast resolution to warranty requests
hmm.. my experience has been bad for both the mobo and gfx card with Gigabyte folks.. :(
My earlier PC was an AMD one with MSI Mobo..never had any issue.. Btw, I could not find the GA board online; will search again tomorrow.
Will get the CPU from MD folks. The rest from Amazon. If you come across any deals give me a heads up.

Good Night.

Will like to go for the MSI ones. Although I am a fan of the "Dual Bios" feature of gigabyte, the service quality really left me aghast!
Actually I am planing to go to ABGB today afternoon...let's see. :)

I am going to get the stuff from Prime ABGB tomorrow.
One last (i hope) question...

The MSI B150A GAMING PRO specs say that it supports DDR4-2133 Memory. Supports ECC, un-buffered memory.
Now the Ram I am getting is a 2400 one. Do I need to get a 2133 RAM or this board will be able to support this ram? G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)

The 2400 will run easily on the board as it will underclock itself to 2133 , check the bios if it has xmp profile support the ur Rams will run at 2400 [emoji106], enjoy ur new system buddy

Thanks for being the life line here. I am not sure why you mentioned that I would not need the pci express card for usb 3.0.
May I request you to list some of your choices of Mobo models? If you have anything with the USB 3.1 second generation in mind, pl let me know.

i5 6500 is 16150 INR in Amazon.
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) is 2950 INR x 2 = 5900
I have a 15% discount coupon from ebay (RS 2000 max) will check that site too.

:happy:
Intel i5 6500 -15000,
MSI B150M-Bazooka -7000,
Corsair Vengeance 16GB(8GBx2) 2400Mhz -2600x2=5200.
TOTAL -27,200.

The prices I specified are local CTC,Secunderabad prices.

Sorry for the long gap. I was out of town.

Thanks, bssunilreddy . Unfortunately, I have already procured the components from Prime ABGD before I could see your comment.

Hi manishbharech
I have assembled the system yesterday night and after some initial hiccups, things are working fine. I realized that one of the older hard drives (160GB) and the GFX card has also some issues. As of now I have disconnected both of them from the system. Will have to visit Gigabyte again for the GFX card repair. I hope it is repairable. :(

Additionally, since I had made major changes in the hardware, Win 10 was not getting activated. After a long online chat with MS support, I had to make a clean installation of win 8 and then use the free upgrade tool to move to Win10.

I will comeback to you if I get stuck anywhere :blackeye:
Need to get a good internal drive as of now.

Take care

Since u r going for a new internal drive will recommend going for Samsung Evo 750 120 gb , it's available on Amazon at 3k approx and is one of the best budget Ssds out there, install or migrate your os to it

Also your windows 10 is always locked to your mobo as it associates the win key with mobo south bridge serial and this info resides on ms servers where it is checked for activation purposes, next time if you change ur mobo , deactivate the key on previous mobo using slmgr command and then your key will work with new mobo [emoji3]
And congrats on ur new rig bro , [emoji481][emoji481][emoji481], beer from my side to celebrate [emoji12]

Since u r going for a new internal drive will recommend going for Samsung Evo 750 120 gb , it's available on Amazon at 3k approx and is one of the best budget Ssds out there, install or migrate your os to it
I already have a Samsung SSD (120GB) and OS resides on that. The PC really boots very fast. I had read somewhere that games will also respond faster if loaded on SSD... not sure about that.

As of now I am looking for 2TB inernal HDD

Yeah they will load faster but not worth the amount you spend for the space to store games, if u already have the Samsung one then download the magician software and use the os optimization option your speeds will increase

Also your windows 10 is always locked to your mobo as it associates the win key with mobo south bridge serial and this info resides on ms servers where it is checked for activation purposes, next time if you change ur mobo , deactivate the key on previous mobo using slmgr command and then your key will work with new mobo [emoji3]
And congrats on ur new rig bro , [emoji481][emoji481][emoji481], beer from my side to celebrate [emoji12]

I did not get a chance to deactivate since the earlier mother board crashed. :hungover:
Thanks for the beer :hungry:[DOUBLEPOST=1465806846][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah they will load faster but not worth the amount you spend for the space to store games, if u already have the Samsung one then download the magician software and use the os optimization option your speeds will increase
Will check this and let you know. I think the Samsung SSD came with this software.
I am in process of loading ALL the softwares one by one :meh:

Back