CPU/Mobo Gigabyte RMA woes.

Zloyd

Adept
Basically sent in my dying faulty X58UD3R and its come back just as I had sent it out. I want to send it this time AFTER speaking to someone because otherwise I feel its just going to comeback with some monkey saying its working.

Problem with the board is it just shuts off tested all alternatives (PSU GPU RAM). After being off for a while the board will come on .... for a bit and then when it starts acting up its back to square one.

So I think someone there just plugged the board in saw it startup and sent it back out .... I cant have this happening again im having to borrow laptops from friends etc I cant have this merrygoround again.

why dont you mail the gigabyte rma department and explain them about the problem and asked them to test it for a while.

request u to get in touch with the GIGABYTE Exclusive Motherboard Service Center
D-16, 5th Floor, Commerce Center
Near AC Market, Tardeo, Mumbai Central (W)
Mumbai - 400 034
Tel: 022-3000 8280 / 81 / 84, email - vaishalis@gigabyte.in, with details

Its been a total waste of time talking to Gigabyte customer service. As bad as can be imagined, after exchanging 2-3 emails the customer service ppl tell me its compatibility issue, psu issue , troubleshooting issue not our problem they have not replied to the last email and its just a waste of my time trying to explain the problem to people not interested in doing their job and who dont know how to.

Sigh... resigned to go to the center myself now and send a written note with the board itself making sure the engineer who tests it see's it. I hope that works out better. Mods please move this to cpu/mobo forum its not going to do any good here.

anilkumarr said:
request u to get in touch with the GIGABYTE Exclusive Motherboard Service Center

Mumbai - 400 034

Tel: 022-3000 8280 / 81 / 84, email - vaishalis@gigabyte.in, with details

hi anil....yo guys have some facility like this in KOLKATA?

Hi, Kindly try reaching:
GIGABYTE Exclusive Motherboard Service Center
Mumbai - 400 034
Tel: 022-3000 8280 / 81 / 84

HOW MUCH FAR IS IT FROM CST ?????

AS AM A NOOB IN ROAMING IN MUMBAI :p

ME TO HAVE SOMETHING LIKE THIS MEANS if IUSE THE SLEEP BUTTON ON MY KEYBOARD THEN SOME TIMES IT WON'T START :( THEN HAVE TO REMOVE ALL MAIN BOARD WIRE AND TRY AGAIN :(

I had a hard time to get my gigabyte board replaced from them ....took me 2.5 months with no results....
I did contact the higher up and promised immediate help but service guys completely ignore the mails from their seniors...:mad:

I almost gave up but in the end SMC helped me to get a replacement.
May be you can contact your dealer to help here....

I am going to try RMA sending a written note, there is a phone number given here to the service center ill try getting through to an engineer but im not sure it will help. After that I will try through dealer. I can give to dealer but I just want to RMA it myself its worked for EVGA and Corsair .... very efficient and fast rma.

It worked. Sent a written note with the mobo also mentioning that I had spoken to their CS etc etc. Dunno how much that bit helped. But I wrote a long note describing exactly how the system is behaving etc etc board is back it was a dead cmos battery :p

All's well that ends well but I have to say the interaction with GB customer support was very poor. First person is some woman whose job is to pass the buck on. I think she thinks she is helping me by forwarding to a technician. The technician is pretty clueless , bring this up with the technician and the person who forwarded you to said technician and is getting ALL the emails between me and technician .... no action just silence NOT EVEN A REPLY.

Luckily writing a note worked.

Back