Budget 10-15K Gionee Dream D1/Elife E3

I'm impressed by the reviews of these Gionee phones but need to check them out in store before buying one. Does anyone know any shops in Mumbai/Pune stocking these phones?

Also, I'm confused between the Dream D1(14K) and Elife E3(15K).
D1 vs E3:
(+) More compact
(+) Gorilla Glass 2
(+) Better Battery (2100 mAh vs 1800 mAh)
(-) Lower OS version (JB 4.1.2 vs JB 4.2)
(-) Less internal memory(4GB vs 16GB)
Also, D1 has Super AMOLED Plus display while E3 has IPS display.
Which one to go for?

Any advice appreciated.

I would go with the Dream D1 if :

Gorilla Glass is important to you.
Also, the display in the D1 would be better.

Lenovo P780, I have it. Battery wise it is good. Facing a problem with no service notifications appearing after call/SMS. Have not found a solution yet, so do look out for this piece of information.

@TheIndian: Are you happy with your E3? Does the battery last for a day with medium usage? Please post your impressions listing the pros and cons.
At the outset, please be aware I am not a phone junkie and look for basic functionality. If it works and does what I want it to do, its good and so far I have not been disappointed (mostly). My previous android was/is a samsung i559 which is like nothing, so this is a major upgrade. My next one probably will be whatever is top of the line then in about a 15-18 months.

I love the looks, and the color (got a blue one) . My wife has a S3 she loved the looks and color too, wished her S3 was in this color. The clear plastic protective cover they provide is generally useless its already cracked, I have ordered a soft gel cover from overseas. Cases in India are hard (not impossible) to find, a folding case is about 600-700 and a softgel one about 2-300. I find the screen colors bright and appealing, and while reading in direct sunlight is difficult, its not impossible, a little tilting and turning gets my job done.

My usage is moderate to heavy, I last through the day without a problem (without charging). Though on rare occasion I do feel I could do with a little more. How ever I am habituated to having a charger in my car, and I recharge it while driving (so no real battery issues) especially on highways while using the navigator, at this time the battery drains in about 3-4 hours. (weak signals contributing to battery drain I guess). The only real problem I seem to be facing is while talking the screen brushes my cheeks and sets off all kinds things, I am trying to figure a way out to stop that from happening, right now I consciously hold the phone a little tilted away from my cheek. This could be because the screen is much more sensitive to touch than my i559.

If the Navigator is a key use for you, try and get a phone that works as well inside the car too (without being on the dash). The Assisted GPS displaces you by about 50 odd meters and then you get all silly directions, however this does not happen if the phone is on the dash. On the dash it behaves perfectly. Not sure how being inside affects other phones like S3 etc.

Oh yes, I called their support, and they were prompt and responsive, though service centers are far and few. The one near my house has discontinued already, which makes me wonder.

Hope this helps, Any specific questions you/anyone needs to ask, let me know. Or if any tests need to be done.

not had any problems with tradus, ebay or snapdeal till date though other's experience might not be the same. plus many of the sellers have id's on several of these sites which means you are essentially buying from the same person but at different prices.

not had any problems with tradus, ebay or snapdeal till date though other's experience might not be the same. plus many of the sellers have id's on several of these sites which means you are essentially buying from the same person but at different prices.
The site policy also counts - like about replacement etc, and problem handling, that is where most sites seem to fail, when the transaction deviates from the normal.

I bought Gpad g2 and it went dead on day one. It was bought from Gionee itself and so far their support has been good. I am waiting to get the DOA letter from service center and they have agreed to dispatch replacement. Will give my feedback regarding the company's intention once this process is over.

Back