Gmail account locked !!!

I used this video, it's in hindi but was a really good guide, nothing was working for us but luckily my wife was logged into her google account on Chrome on her office computer. We used this computer to change password as per the above video. It was a lot of trouble for two days, this was our last shot at it and it luckily worked. Hope it helps you too
thank you. i am not trying to login for 3-4 days. will try login after.

Same thing happened with my cousin last year. His gmail id got locked and even on inputting correct password he wasn't able to login on his pc. He tried changing the password on phone but nothing worked. He tried everything after asking me. Nothing worked. Then a day later or two, it started working automatically. He was able to login with the same old password.

got a mail in my recovery email earlier today--

Someone knows the password to your linked Google account
my_email@gmail.com
Google has become aware that someone else knows your password, and we've taken steps to protect your account. Please sign back in to your account now and choose a new password to secure your account.
Learn more
You can also see security activity at

Felt little happy and optimistic, tried login.. but its the same sh!t loop again.

Bumping this thread!

I think im going to lose one more gmail account. started to get this since today morning.
I'm yet to gain access of this account yet. don't and will never install chrome - if that what gmail want me to do.
This error was with Brave Browser, running 6th Jan 2022 build.
Gmail.PNG

( the account mentioned in my earlier post is gone long back, by no mean i was able to recover it even after getting recovery codes in recovery email.. )

Brave browser had issues highlighted sometime back, you can google.

Why do you keep losing google accounts? Set up: 2FA, recovery email, phone number, download the backup codes - that's all that is required.

It is always better to use 2 step verification login for email accounts like attaching a mobile number with the account so that while login it sends OTP which can not be easily shared or cracked within a limited period of time say 180 seconds, since password can be easily noted, copied and written by known or unknown persons in many ways but it comes to OTP its generally unique and cannot be cracked by permutation or combination or any night vision cameras lol.. so its better to use 2 step verfication for accounts. gmail is better than many email accounts services like rediff, yahoo, etc. which are paid after a period of time and it also gives a storage capacity of 15 GB in google drive. tq

Brave browser had issues highlighted sometime back, you can google.
i figured out the issue.. it was some issue with the user-string. some add-on i was using was mimicking that i was using firefox version36 :)
Im not going to give my mobile number to evil companies like google or Facebook in any circumstances.

i figured out the issue.. it was some issue with the user-string. some add-on i was using was mimicking that i was using firefox version36 :)
Im not going to give my mobile number to evil companies like google or Facebook in any circumstances.
If you use Android, they already have your phone number.

If you use Android, they already have your phone number.
Lol yes... and they're not the only companies who collect data directly. Data is shared across many MNCs. You just need to use a couple apps and your data is with everyone mostly.
@Ramadhir Singh Do you see your name on someone's else's phone via Truecaller even when they didn't save your contact? Your data is already with big corporations.

For true privacy you need to be completely offline. The privacy boat has long sailed since a couple decades my friend.

What a coincidence. I am going through the same bullshit since yesterday on one of my Google accounts.
Thankfully its not my main account so if its lost then i don't care.
Looks like Google does not want people to use multiple accounts. I didn't have 2fa on this and Google always used to have me confirm my recovery email while signing in to it. Now it just won't let me sign in.

If they want, they can get your number bro. They have more power than Skynet, they don't have time to use it on people like us. Read about project ECHELON.

Its 2022, email is a essential service where a lot of communication happens - financial, professional, government etc.
Quit using a gmail address that can be yanked by a Google AI at anytime, with no way to contact a human being for support, and get an email that you own.

OT, but incidentally...
signature with @2015 ...
This is correct. The year mentioned after © must be the earliest claimed date of creation of that content, for asserting copyright.

This was as per the "Universal Copyright Convention", which was a US-led alternative to the Berne Convention. However the "Universal Copyright Convention" is of limited importance today, as most countries are now part of the Union of the Berne Convention.

If you claim a newer date after the © symbol then you are essentially giving up copyright claim of previous years.

And to get back to topic:

Just having a password is rather inadequate security in 2022.

Password reuse leaks, leaks from password storage mechanisms like the lastpass hack or malware on your device, recovery from used devices etc all are thwarted by 2FA. If you object to sharing your primary number, get a second sim and use it for 2FA. It costs maybe 3000 a year to maintain a second sim. Else many services support Yubikeys or RSA tokens as well.

Back