GO: Brand New iPhone 4s 16 GB Sprint Unlocked 35k

rdst_1

Skilled
Guys i am getting a good deal on Brand New Sprint unlocked iPhone 4s 16GB, if i buy at least 10 pieces.

Let me explain how things are.

Q - What do you mean by Sprint Unlocked phones?

A - The iPhones that are provided by Sprint are world phones but have their SIM slot locked. Just recently Sprint have started unlocking these SIM slots to be used by their customers when they are abroad. These phones will only work with international SIM cards and are permanently unlocked even when you update your iOS version. This unlock is not different from the phones that were sold as unlocked before 11/11/11 but there were conflicting reports about those phones getting locked after being updated. These however are guaranteed to remain unlocked permanently.So it is as good as a Factory Unlocked phone if you live outside the US.

Q - What will be the condition of these phones?

A - The phones won't be sealed pack. They will be used just once to test that they are working fine with International SIM cards. Apart from that one single use, every phone and accessory will be unused.

Q - Why should i get this over the Factory Unlocked version?

A - Well, firstly this phone is the same as Factory Unlocked if you intend to use it anywhere but the states.

Secondly, the pricing for a Factory Unlocked iPhone 4s 16GB is $706 + SNS charges which is roughly around Rs. 38500

according to the current dollar rate. Thirdly, IIRC Apple doesn't ship to mail forwarders like SNS so you need to have someone

in the US to buy one for you and ship to the SNS address.

Q - How are you getting such a good rate?

A - This rate is only for a bulk purchase of 10 phones. Since the announcement of SIM unlocking, Sprint users have jacked up their

rates quite considerably.Same is bound to happen for AT&T iPhones once their unlock is out.

Q - What colors are available?

A - Well you have both choices available viz. black and white. But ideally the order should contain equal no of both colors to keep

the rate down to 35k. 6-4 or 7-3 ratio can work but it will be a tad bit difficult.

Q - How do we make the payment?

A - I would need a payment of 18k now and the rest when i have the phones in my possession. Since this is the first time i will be

conducting a GO, i am willing to give all my details and proofs to TE Mods and Admins. Dark Star lives nearby and i can go and

submit all my proofs to him.

Q - What is the timeframe for the phones being delivered?

A - Once i get confirmed interest 10 phones i will ask for the payment to be sent to my account. Once everyone has made the

payment, i will order the phones and get them sent to my friends address in the US who will check them with his International

SIM. Then he will ship them to my SNS address in 3 batches.It should take from 10 days for the first batch to 15 days for the last

batch to arrive at my place from where i will ship it with insurance to your address.

I am sorry mods that i didn't go through the rules properly and open this as IC first, but the phones are ready to be bought and shipped. The only thing left is confirmation from interested members and a little bit of haggling from my part to try and get the prices down if enough people show interest.
<

No, it is a world phone and has a SIM slot that works only on non-US carriers. Sprint only unlocks this slot for it's customers who are in 'good standing' which means old customers who pay their bills regularly.

I think people are apprehensive due to this being a Sprint phone. I have one phone coming in in the next week for my uncle. I will post pics of it running on my TATA DOCOMO number for people to see.
<

The guy who is getting me these phone says that he will be able to do 35k for 10 orders and 34k for more than 10 orders.
<

I am interested in this provided the phone works fine and lets me use any carrier in India and internationally. Is this happening?

Will the Iphone retain its ability of world phone CDMA + GSM ?

I don't think so. The CDMA section will remain locked to Sprint but the GSM slot can be used to run any SIM unless the SIM belongs to a US carrier or is currently using a US carrier's service( international roaming in US won't work)

I am interested in this provided the phone works fine and lets me use any carrier in India and internationally. Is this happening?

Yes, i am going to order as soon as i get 10 orders.So should i put your name up in interested candidates
<

awesome dude .........

Thanks mate. Would you be interested in getting one for yourself

But ideally the order should contain equal no of both colors to keep

the rate down to 35k. 6-4 or 7-3 ratio can work but it will be a tad bit difficult.

#rdst_1 what is the actual price of phone + shipping. could you pls give the price break up.

#rdst_1 what is the actual price of phone + shipping. could you pls give the price break up.

Rs 33500 for the phone + unlocking + shipping to my NY address.

Rs. 1500 for SNS and local courier charges.

Guys if you have your own SNS accounts then i can get the phones shipped directly to those addresses at Rs. 33500 and you can take care of SNS charges yourself.

I have already bought one 4S [at&t] for cheap , and waiting for the unlock thingy
<
, will let you know if anyone wanna buyem

Ah.I was in the same dilemma not long ago but peeps over here suggested me not to buy unless the unlock is out. But then this offer came and it is as good as factory unlocked because it is free from any of the complications of a hacked unlock, so i couldn't resist. I have also ordered a few factory unlocked phones that will be delivered in a week or two but will sell them and keep this one instead
<

If the CDMA/GSM thing is still not clear to anyone, let me put it again in different words what OP has already mentioned. Actually, i am using Motorola Photon which is a Sprint World Phone, similar to this iPhone 4S.

Scene 1: When you are anywhere in the World EXCEPT United States - You may use the phone with any GSM carrier. Just place your GSM sim in the slot and it is good to go. Outside US, this will not work on CDMA (well theoritically it can, but you need to get phone's details entered into CDMA carrier's database which is not an easy task, if not impossible). So i recommend that for all practical purposes consider it not working on CDMA outside US.

Scene 2: When in United States - The phone will work in US only with Sprint (CDMA). Obviously phone already has Sprint programming, you just need to get it activated.

what if Its MEID is registered in Reliance Database ?Can it still act as world phone ?CDMA on Programming and GSM on Simcard,one at a time.

If it can be used for both,I am interested.

As far as i know, all World Phones, whether iPhone or Moto Photon or others, can't have dual standby on GSM & CDMA. Only one will work at a time. Under Network settings, you need to select which network to use.

#jainanshal thats what I have written,I know both connections can't work at a time.

After Registration into Reliance Database,will it be possible to switch between CDMA and GSM like in Blackberry 9630,9650,8830. ???

I am not sure about the CDMA part being unlocked. Though I think it might work but can't say that for sure

#Mohit - Let me know which color you are interested in. If i don't get much interest i might just order 5 now as 2 guys on the other forum have also shown interest. I will update the OP accordingly.

CDMA on Programming and GSM on Simcard,one at a time

#jainanshal thats what I have written,I know both connections can't work at a time. After Registration into Reliance Database,will it be possible to switch between CDMA and GSM like in Blackberry 9630,9650,8830. ???

I am sorry, my bad.. didn't notice the "one at a time" mention. Well, i think if you can get it registered on Reliance then you should be able to do it. Infact, that's how a World phone should work, when you are outside home country switch to GSM, once back switch back to CDMA.

However, are you sure you'll be able to get it programmed for Reliance?

Iphone 4 and Iphone 4s Verizon Can be Programmed to reliance..(BOTH GOOD AND BAD ESN)

But Sprint cant be registered on reliance even if its on Iphone 4...

Back