GO : Creative ep-630 @ Rs.800+shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had got mine today morning itself.. got up in the afternoon, I went down and my dad had neatly kept my EPs waiting for me :D

I tried them on my mp3 player Transcend T sonic 840 in full volume.. Then on my comp.. on the comp, I felt like I was in heaven...Not so on my mp3 player..:( it doesn't pump out more volume.. thanks to french regulations !!!

@saiyan : Where's the bill?? is the warranty card inside all we require.. My dad is not home, so I dunno if I got a bill or not.. What all will be there in the package??

Opened it up. Man the packing was water tight. Took 10mins to open it (I usually dont tear things up). Great work on everything - Prices,packing shipping etc. Thanks a lot.

Have been using it for around 30mins, will let it just play for the night and check it out later. So far great :). I think I need the smaller buds, will try them out over the weekend. Cant wait to try it out with Meizu thats on its way. Will be here probably monday/tuesday.

Got it today. Package looked good. Unpacked it eagerly and tried it out with my new Zune. And it sounds like shit. I've never been so disappointed by any av purchase in my life. Kinda wondering whether I got dupes but it doesn't sound that bad either.

The best analogy would be to compare a Creative 2.1 with the AL MX-5021 - the bundled Zune headphones sound that much better, got a cloth covered cord, smaller stereo jack... basically trounces it in each and every aspect.

I tried listening to all kinds of music alternating between the two earphones to try and see if there is anything that it sounds decent in but it is a HUGE letdown for something that is so popular here and has recieved so many great reviews everywhere.

I think this really needs some discussion... sorry for crapping this thread but I feel that this product is a disappointment and don't want others to go for it without knowing all. I am still wondering how something that has been so much liked can be so much of a letdown and am open to suggestions on what is going wrong here.

Selling it for Rs 750 + shipping(used for only 30 mins :p). Anyone intrerested PM me.

chiron said:
Got it today. Package looked good. Unpacked it eagerly and tried it out with my new Zune. And it sounds like shit. I've never been so disappointed by any av purchase in my life. Kinda wondering whether I got dupes but it doesn't sound that bad either.

The best analogy would be to compare a Creative 2.1 with the AL MX-5021 - the bundled Zune headphones sound that much better, got a cloth covered cord, smaller stereo jack... basically trounces it in each and every aspect.

I tried listening to all kinds of music alternating between the two earphones to try and see if there is anything that it sounds decent in but it is a HUGE letdown for something that is so popular here and has recieved so many great reviews everywhere.

I think this really needs some discussion... sorry for crapping this thread but I feel that this product is a disappointment and don't want others to go for it without knowing all. I am still wondering how something that has been so much liked can be so much of a letdown and am open to suggestions on what is going wrong here.

Selling it for Rs 750 + shipping(used for only 30 mins :p). Anyone intrerested PM me.

I just now read another post regarding ZUne and the EP630. I think its the issue with Zune. Too bad. I also bought this for my zune. Have to check it once i receive it.
:( :(

^ Means you havent done your 'homework' :mad: . Go play it non stop for 12-20hours. Thats the punishment for now ;)

Im satisfied with the initial test. Will see how it goes. Its definitely miles ahead of my frontech lol. Let me see how it does. Till now no complaints.

^^^

I used the EP-630s (3 pairs till now) on 3 different machines My computer (creative SB Live! 24bit, Transcent T.Sonic 610 and the new ipod nano 3G). They rock on all three and the reason for me to get the third pait is that its virtually impossible for me to go back to the default plugs (both the t.sonic's and the ipod's).

I think the equalizer or something needs to be set up properly in the zune or the zune sucks ;)

EDIT: that was for chiron's post

Selling it for Rs 750 + shipping(used for only 30 mins ). Anyone intrerested PM me.

i've tried the ep 630 on my w810i and also on a transcend tsonic 610...its sounds really good...it sounds better than the HPM 70 i have.

Lemme see how this sounds with the PC, but I'm pretty sure that its not gonna change anything. The Zune earphones sound so much better its not even funny.

It works like a charm on my PC. not a biig difference on my Transcend 840...Noise cancellation is good though..

for ppl are dissatisfied try this.. Listen to them at ver low volume, let your ears get tuned to it and then pump volume solwly.. you will love it.. I tried this at full volume at once and it sounded like $hit ..

@chiron : try those on PCs before selling !

One of the many flaws of the Zune is lack of an eq. Anyway... I'll listen to them (both on the PC and the player) for a couple of days and decide. I think the main problem with the ep-630 is that it isn't so good with hi and mids.

Please don't think I'm a Zune fanboy or anything. I hate it too for so many reasons:D

chiron said:

Did you try it with different size earbuds?

chiron -

1. Make sure when you wear the earbuds, you get a proper seal. Its very important that you get that right or else it will sound like a transistor. As gmano suggested, you can try different sizes of earbuds. Sorry if you find it too basic.

2. Im not sure about others, but I have found that burn-in does help. i.e it will sound good as you use it more. To test it out, plug in the earphones and play your music library continuously for 20+ hours (you dont have to listen to it :) ). Make sure you keep the volume less than 50%. And then see how it sounds.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back