GO + Deal : LCD Monitors 19/20/22/24"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinByChoice

Skilled
Hi all,
Im reopening the Dell Monitors Deal. There have been some changes in the way the order will proceed.

The last order date for the monitors is now fixed as August 15th.

The changes first

1) This will be handled like a GO - meaning I will order as soon as I get a significant number of pieces. The total number will be indicated at the end of this post. Will keep updating it as ppl confirm. And once it reaches a decent number, I will confirm the list and place the order.

2) Payment will have to be made once the final list is ready. But please keep the money ready as soon as you confirm. You will have 2 days to pay the money as soon as the order list is confirmed.

Here are the prices (no changes here)

Monitors:
Dell E228WFP - Rs 15500 - 12Kgs
Dell 2007FP - Rs 22000 - 14Kgs (approx)
Dell 2007WFP - Rs 21500 - 14Kgs (approx)
Dell 2407WFP-HC - Rs 32000- 18Kgs (approx)
Dell SE198WFP* - Rs 11500 - 10Kgs (approx)
Dell E198WFP - Rs11500 - 10Kgs (approx)

All monitors have a 2 week delivery time, except the SE198WFP. The delivery time for the SE198WFP is 4 weeks.

The weight is only to give you a rough idea of the shipping cost. Exact cost will be known when I ship the monitor. If you want any other mode of shipping, drop me a PM and I will see what I can do.

Prices are inclusive of VAT. Also these have 5 years warranty. So be careful when comparing with the prices on Dell website.

Details

1) Payment to my account. Will tell you number and other details once you confirm.
2) Order will be placed only on receiving complete payment.
3) People in Bangalore can come and collect it from me directly and need not pay any extra shipping charge.
4) You will NOT get any bill with the monitor. The warranty by Dell is based on serial number, so you dont need a bill to claim warranty.
5) You are responsible for Octroi charges in your state. I will help in this matter as much as I can, but its still your responsibility.

Shipping Info

I will be shipping by BlueDart, great experience and convenient for me. Will ship by air only, as they offer next-day delivery and I feel its much safer than by road. You can check your shipping cost here. Fill the details as below.

Service : Dart Apex - Door to Door
Origin City : Bangalore
Destination City : Your city
Type of Shipment : Non - Documents
Weight : As in 1st post depending on your monitor choice

Drop me/Cappuccino a PM or post here if you have any questions.

Members who have confirmed their orders

Code:
1) My friends - 5
2) victorpst - 4 E228WFP
3) greenhorn-1 E228WFP

Total Nos. of LCD to be Ordered :10

Raghu.

Raghu,

first of all three cheers fr u fr re opening the deal!!!

hey buddy wht will be this descent number? askin coz will give a feel good factor as the numbers approach it :)

how about giving the option of local shipping via Gati on the main page itself? they are ok (though not as good as blue dart), much cheaper, offer door pickup/delivery, have online tracking etc. here is the online rate calculator:-

Express Distribution,Express Cargo,Warehousing,Logistics,SCM,Ahead in reach

Decent number depends on what my friend says. Somewhere around 20 will do I think. And since Im including my friends too, it will reach the number sooner than expected.

Will have to talk to GATI about the shipping. I hope they dont take a lot of time. Bluedart has been giving me 1 business day deliveries mostly. Expect an update on that soon though. Maybe you will be the first test case :p

Raghu.

Raghu, we will be waiting for so many days as such, first for the decent numbers to be reached, and then for the delivery time to your place. so a coupe of days more from your place is ok if that saves almost 1K on shipping. the only concern is the safety. courier companies other that Blue Dart have a bad reputation for ill-handling. but i guess in the original packaging the monitors should be just fine. maybe u can opt for insurance (which is at 1%) and if possible wooden crate packaging (around 200 bucks).

14 more to go.... thats seems a very large number :(

Victor,

14 is very much achievable. Jus tell a few pals abt this. I'm sure atleast 30% of those will be interested. Maybe others too cud help Raghu reach the magical number.

many are interested but they are not ready to wait for indefinite time :( its like a catch 22 situation.....

How many are interested? If its a sizable number then I will place the order right away. Let me know the interested number so that I can also keep track. Im looking to place the 1st order within a week. Im talking to a few friends at my place too.

Raghu.

i have four colleagues who are very interested. but they are inclining towards Viewsonic which is offering good deals now (22inch WS - 17.5K, 19inch WS - 8.5K), though they are convinced that this is a better deal. i am assembling new machines for them which will be ready in 2-3 days. now its really difficult to convince them to wait for even 2 weeks.....

@victorpst, I think the Dell 22" monitor is better than the Viewsonic, esp with the 5 year warranty. And there is a price drop now. So it might be better to wait.

The last order date for the monitors is now fixed as August 15th.

Some more good news - there has been a general price drop on the monitors. Here are the new prices.

Dell E228WFP - Rs 15500
Dell 2007FP - Rs 22000
Dell 2007WFP - Rs 21500
Dell 2407WFP-HC - Rs 32000
Dell SE198WFP* - Rs 11500
Dell E198WFP - Rs11500

Can a mod please edit the first post to reflect the new prices and the last order date. Thanks.

Raghu.

three cheers for Raghu.... add me in for one more 22incher.....:eek:hyeah: working out on two more....;)

cummon guys things aint getting better than this! make the magic figure happen.....:hap2:

and i know Dell is better than Viewsonic and so do my friends. but no body wants to wait.....

think I might order an SE 198, but i dunno about dell customer care in my city ( trivandrum :( ) will you be checking for dead pixels before you ship ?

and what should i do if it decides to go kaput here in tvm :huh:

Dell gives direct warranty and they have a presence in Trivandrum. If you want I can check for dead pixels before I ship. If it goes kaput anywhere in India you can call Dell at their toll free number (1800- 425- 4026) or 080-25068026 if you dont have a BSNL phone. They will replace the product anytime in the next 5 years.

Raghu.

could you just post/pm me who handles dell in tvm? i know most of the dealers here :D

I think I'll buy a monitor for sure. deciding between the 198 and 228 :)

Its not handled by dealers, but directly. You can call Dell now to get the details of their service center, or if you are willing to wait till tomoro I can PM it to u. My suggestion is to go for the E228WFP, best offer now.

Raghu.

Awww bad time for the price to srop after we make an order :p Hehe anyway awesome nw....guys just grab the Dell 22"....btw any update Raghu on my LCD :p

greenhorn said:

The contact number is the same as on their Dell website. The service is handled by Wipro and they have a presence in Trivandrum. You need to call Dell on the numbers I had given earlier and they will come to your home to service/replace the part.
Supra said:
Awww bad time for the price to srop after we make an order :p Hehe anyway awesome nw....guys just grab the Dell 22"....btw any update Raghu on my LCD :p

Will get the update tonight. 4 LCDs are pending.

Raghu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back