GO : Dual SIM adaptor

Anish

Skilled
Hey everybody, just stumbled upon this cause I'm looking to add a Vodafone SIM to my existing Idea-powered P990i.

Thought some of you might be interested, just mailed the site and they confirmed they can ship to India.

I'm not sure how well this thing works and about warranty, service, etc. but I don't mind spending a bit of cash on testing it out.

Anybody interested in getting a few for tests are welcome :)

Datopal 16th Mobile Phone Dual SIM Card Holder - Without Card Cut at Vavolo.com

Don't forget to check compatibility with you phone (scroll down) and moreover there's no SIM cutting needed ;)

just wanted to ask weather we can receive calls on both the numbers when using this dual sim adapter..? or u need to switch between the two using the MENU ..

can u just explain in short how does it work...if both SIMs work together i might be interested..

faheem_m said:
just wanted to ask weather we can receive calls on both the numbers when using this dual sim adapter..? or u need to switch between the two using the MENU ..
can u just explain in short how does it work...if both SIMs work together i might be interested..
Nope you need to switch between each SIM in the menu :)

@ gmano - My bad ;)

If you want a proper GO I can arrange these for Rs 30~60 depending on the phone for which you need them. I was in karol bagh once and was looking around for a shop to buy a replacement screen for my phone and stumbled upon the warehouse of the distributor. These sell for around 250~300 each in karol bagh

Pm me if any one's interested in a proper GO. I don't think there will be any warranty or bill though, as it is all chinese stuff.
I also came across something much much better than this and bought that for my dad. It is a metallic sim card, which can hold two sim cards after you cut the sim cards to small size.It includes the instructions and everything. And it is perfect. Will fit any and every phone. You can switch between the networks using the menu. No cords to tangle, nothing. It is EXACTLY the size of the sim card so you can insert it in any phone. If interested pm me. I can go to the distri and check it out. When I bought a single piece then it cost 400. maybe I can get a disc

^ Allright, how about a single piece, for the Sony Ericsson P990i to start with.

We can create a full proper GO later once I can post a review.

Yaar, as you can see I live in Noida. I will go there only once. Quality is shit and it will stop working in 3~5 months max as the ribbon bends to fit in the phone. I think I posted this problem in some other thread also. If someone lives near karol bagh I can give him exact directions to the distri's shop.
It is a one hour drive from my house. If enough people want I can go myself, but I won't go again and again.
Waiting for a member from near karol bagh to confirm if he is willing. I don't have the address or phone number of the shop but I can give EXACT directions.
And the ribbon ones are specific for each phone. The other one is generic and can fit in any phone. I bought one for my dad over a year ago and it is still working fine. Actually since there are no bends, no wear and tear so it is virtually perfect and won't break down slowly

this is the pic of the cheap one : http://www.freeyourmobile.biz/acatalog/ghost_dual_sim_products.gif

This is the expensive one : Advanced Twin SIM Adapter

Also, pls note the one I bought for my dad does not support 3g ( it states in the manual it supports 2g only )
Maybe they have newer models now ? Anyways, I don't think we need 3g
Members from karol bagh pls pm me for directions to shop. If anyone else takes up this go then I want one piece of the expensive one for me

There are also dual sim phones available now. My friend is using a cect phone ( don't remember the model number now ) but the voice quality is not upto the mark. For the price paid it's ok. Maybe we can have a go for these phones too as members who need dual sim adaptors will be better off with these phones as both networks will work at same time. However, I did not like my friend's phone's voice quality ( too much echo in the background ) so I will advice people to go for spice phones in this case.

I dont mind going for it but am not in favor of 'sim card cutting' :/ The cheap one looks better in that way.. So does the one Anish posted about originally.

The one posted by anish is the cheaper one I am talking about. But maybe the quality of this one is better as the one I am talking about is chinese. But from the looks of it, it will face the same prob as it has a ribbon which is supposed to be folded so with time the ribbon connections break. And as far as sim card cutting goes, I have used it on 4 sim cards with no problems. Also, airtel charged 200 for a new sim when my dad wanted to get the full size sim card again. You can even use the cut sim card as a normal card because it includes cases for using cut cards in any phone without using adaptor. So even the cut cards are as good as new.

Even i was afraid of cutting the sim card when I bought it but it is very easy. The kit even contained 2 stickers to get the sim card cut easily. It takes around 5 secs to cut a sim card, it's that easy ( no exaggeration )

I don't even know if it is available now, but back then ( 10 months ago ) the distri had around 10 pieces with him. I will give directions to the shop here
On the stairs side of ghaffar market, get down from stairs. Start moving away from market towards the main road which goes to liberty. On the second building( on right hand side ) on the second floor there is this huge shop. It is a distri and he has everything related to repairs of mobiles

go to this link for the map of karol bagh Yahoo! India Maps

Check this pic also
18969841yu6.jpg

There are 5~6 shops in the buildings I have marked

I am putting up in Gujranwala town, near to Karol Bagh. However, AKG kindly clarify if the place you are mentioning is opposite to old "Shrawana Bhawan" restro or opposite to some exercise equipment shop on this particular road.

Though, i don't need the adapter but will be happy to help you guys on Sundays. :)

i tried the chepo one in nokia 1100:D

but after installing it the phone had became heavier:(

the wieght increased too much, so i removed it:|

wonder why there was so much increase in weight:?

the working was proper, i just have to restart the phone then it would swap from A to B network and on restarting again it swapped from B to A network. the card was of local make.
Pros:
Can use two sims

Cons
reduced battery life(due to on & off)
increased weight

i don't the company but it was a local make & cost was
25/-:bleh:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ha! At that price i dont think you have anything to complain about :p Lets see how long it lasts. post a pic or two if you can :)

Back