GO : Dual SIM adaptor

ashthedivx said:
I am putting up in Gujranwala town, near to Karol Bagh. However, AKG kindly clarify if the place you are mentioning is opposite to old "Shrawana Bhawan" restro or opposite to some exercise equipment shop on this particular road.

Though, i don't need the adapter but will be happy to help you guys on Sundays. :)

I am not from karol bagh yaar. I don't know either of the two places you mentioned. This is the reason I gave a link to the map and also a photo showing which buildings I mean. Kindly look at the map and I am sure you will be able to figure out for yourself.

Cheers !

This is the one i tried and it worked fine for my frnd...

Attachments

• dual sim instructions pic01.jpg
    dual sim instructions pic01.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 118
  • dual sim instructions pic02.jpg
    dual sim instructions pic02.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 129
akg7091 said:
I am not from karol bagh yaar. I don't know either of the two places you mentioned. This is the reason I gave a link to the map and also a photo showing which buildings I mean. Kindly look at the map and I am sure you will be able to figure out for yourself.

Cheers !

Okie Budd !! This sunday i'll be on the mission... :)

^ Thanks so much for the responses guys!

ashthedivx and rascal, if you could check something up and post some pictures and details like pricing, etc, I think we can have our GO running!

Guys, if you are arranging the GO, then kindly tell me the price you are getting the expensive one for. I would like one of those. Since you might be buying many pieces, maybe the price will come down.
I am gonna rep you both for the enthusiasm you have shown.
And just one word of advice for all who are buying these adaptors. Just buy the expensive one and use it. It is MUCH better than the cheap one, trust me. The only downside is you gotta cut your sim card.

TC

gautham82 said:
This is the one i tried and it worked fine for my frnd...

Just curious.. In the pic you posted, the other sim is out of the phone right.. So does that mean the adapter has to be folded for both the sims to come inside the phone? then in that case, wont that ribbon (which is joining the two sims) sort of break/tear ?

^ Its a flexible thing and that's what supposed to be risky. That's why akg7091 is saying to buy the expensive one, which is fully internal and needs card cutting.

Me also going for that one, don't mind cutting SIM, new SIM costs 50 bucks :p

i went to 2 shops

first one quoted me 125 bucks and then i got him down to 80, so i am pretty sure i can get him down even further...

The second one quoted me 40 bucks straight away so didn't try to bargain

He also mentioned it is phone specific

Was it a distri or a shop ? The one I went to was a distri. He probably had over 5000 of these in a corner. He had almost everything related to cellphones and was not interested much in single sales.

That's not it. Go to the buildings I pointed out. On the first and second floors of the building there 2~3 distris. They have got everything associated with mobiles like screens, headsets, chargers, batteries. I bough a new lcd for my 6680 for only 1000 IIRC . In the market shops were quoting 1500 minimum for the same.
You gotta look at the directions I gave yaar. It will be worth it for the GO.
Or else, people here can gimme their orders and a max price to be paid for each unit. I will go and if the price is less than your max limit I will buy it for you and if it is more than your max price then I will not buy it. But I can't go more than once, so make up your mind guys.
The cheaper ones cost me 30~60 that day depending on phone model, but I am pretty sure that if we do a go I can easily bargain for 25 each, maybe even lesser. I will quote him 15 and let him quote his own price.
The expensive one will be harder to find. Even that day he had only a few pieces, but I am sure we can order some and wait.
What do you guys say ?
Should we do it ?

Back