GO from Monoprice anyone?

Looking at :

1 x USB 2.0 A Male to A Female Extension 28/24AWG Cable - (Gold Plated) - 3ft (Prod ID : 5432)
HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

1 x USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/24AWG Cable w/ Ferrite Core - (Gold Plated) - 3ft (Prod ID : 5457)
HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

memnom said:
^^ Thanks eddy. I thought they where interchangeable since both the wires are made of 75 Ohm.

Yes they are interchangeable.

Although the colors are different but way the data is transmitted is same.

I'm using the component cable myself for RCA output from tata sky, as I found those analog cables of pretty good quality & can use them vice-versa.

You can use them but you need to remember urself that you put the wire in correct input port. (same as the output one)

^^ Thanks mate, ordered it. But will it work for VGA to RCA? i mean u said about input port = to output port but in this case the input would be VGA in my lappy so will it work without any problem?

@coolraghav : In your case, yes.. but not in his case. The cables may be the same, but the data being transmitted definitely isn't.

You are starting with composite or component video and ending with composite or component video respectively, which is why it worked in your case.

The cables he was looking at on the other hand output only component video signals (which requires all 3 cables for video).. which definitely cannot be plugged into a composite signal input (which uses only a single cable for video).

In any case, it looks like only certain graphic cards output a composite signal on the VGA port, so its still not guaranteed to work.

4pcs x 2514 - Product ID (long SATA locking UV Blue)

1pc x 2407 - Product ID (DVI-DVI 28AWG 3FT)

PS:
It would be great if people can mention Product ID's for referring to a product. Would make the GO streamlined and easy :)

Back