GO: Western Digital WD5000AAKS 500GB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm just guessing....he might be unwell...lets give him sometime....so far i hv been able to manage with my 250gb one...deleting old stuff(mostly mvies n stuff) which i'm sure i'll never use...everything prioritized now.

btw, yesterday i contacted a WD dealer(compuage) here in mumbai....guess what was the price quoted????

an insanely amt of 6900/- for 1 piece n when i said i wanted 25 it came down to 6k...without proceeding further i politely asked the sales person to check the mkt prices which are at least 200-300 bucks below the best price offered by her.

TheMask said:
^ Watch the language, there! For all i know, Karan aint a dealer. He's trying his best so that peeps like you could get a good deal. he is no way bound by any 'Customer Service' commitments for you or any other member.

His last login here is on 25th Aug. May be he's away. Wait up, b4 turning this thread into a flaming session.
Sorry, my bad. Someone had posted that Karan had responded in another forum to a similar GO in the morning and I responded 2 that. Now it seems that post has been edited :S . Hey, no offence meant, Karan :thumb:

Hey.. all of u just have patience.. Karan isnt in town. He has gone to his native to meet his parents, hence the lack of responce from his side. Im sure he'll reply as soon as he gets back. Remember he aint doing some business here. He's just trying to help us out so just have patience and wait. He aint obligated to do this for you. He's being helpful in organising this GO, so try to appreciate it.

Naga said:
Is this a joke??? Where is Karan? I'm in no hurry, but not responding to all these queries makes me think Karan is a lot worse in customer service than alu bechene walas!!

:eek:hyeah: lol... I just cant stop laughing... btw Off the record: alu walas have better service...:tongue:

Before u guys jump on me, enjoy the humor.:cool2:

Hi,
i am also willing to get this.
i am in hyderabad, andhra pradesh.
please give me the exact price and mode of payment for this.
also let me know the exact date of getting this product.
where can we find service centeres for WD in india?

guys, read on another forum.
There was a mixup in the pricing. Karan was quoted 5400 for each drive, and says that for 15+ it may come down by 200.

Also, he has got viral.

Greetings,

This is certainly very bad :( .

Yes this is indeed a big goof up. Karan has posted himself in another forum.

Now this is really BAD as I have been waiting to get my HDD's from this GO for the last 6 days now :( . I know MOST members over here are gonna FEEL REALLY BAD when they know this :mad:

Anyway, getting my 2 new WD5000AAKS 500GB HDD's for Rs.5400 today itself. Confirmed from my dealer :) . So no issues anymore.

Best Regards,
handsomeabhi

one query though?..does WD offer international warranty on HDDs ? i was thinking of getting one from US where it costs just arnd 110$ or even thinking of getting it locally or even 2x 250...

you might wanna check this out - WD caviar SE 500Gb KS sells for 5200 on directpcmall..i guess this has 4 platters of 125Gb each instead of 3 platters for the AAKS...and the one listed there might be an old discontinued model.

even 2x250 cost just 5k ..but the 250GB ones are AAKS drives....it may make more sense to go for 2 hdds of 250gb each. I already have a 250GB hitachi one...i wouldn't want 2 more of those...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back