Going to one of the poorest country and changing the lifestyle

Winwood's Higher Love (which to my ears typifies the signature 80s synth sound like no other), not too long ago.
Wow, i can't recall having heard this one, have to check it out asap. Cheers.

It's funny, but was totally hooked to Take On Me
Is it perhaps after seeing my post in the addicted thread couple days ago or completely unrelated and before that?

Wish you had one for "... frightened of this thing that I've become." (shudder to hear it, every time).
Sorry man, i got nothing lol

I actually think those lyrics don't have a negative connotation but rather speak about positive self change and improvement. Like a wake up call.
Winwood's Higher Love
A very nice song indeed. And Chaka Khan made it even better.

Just a thought though, it seems quite generic 80s funk/pop if compared directly to Africa. The arrangement on that song is just something else.

Sorry @red dragon we are hell bent on crapping your thread :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, i can't recall having heard this one, have to check it out asap. Cheers.
A very nice song indeed. And Chaka Khan made it even better.
Just a thought though, it seems quite generic 80s funk/pop if compared directly to Africa. The arrangement on that song is just something else.
Ah yes, Africa is on a totally different level. Winwood's is decent, but has to do more with satisfying my 80s nostalgia than anything else. Afraid I haven't listened to the Chaka Khan version - will do, right away (of course!).
Is it perhaps after seeing my post in the addicted thread couple days ago or completely unrelated and before that?
No, it was well before that. Only yesterday did I come across your post (and the song thread) and realised that's where all the music goodness is happening (which is where I guess we should move over, leaving @red dragon alone). Someone even pulled out a Baltimora - his was the first ever music video I recall watching. Incredible, what people are able to dig up.

Ah yes, Africa is on a totally different level. Winwood's is decent, but has to do more with satisfying my 80s nostalgia than anything else. Afraid I haven't listened to the Chaka Khan version - will do, right away (of course!).
No i meant she did the female vocals on the original itself with Steve Winwood. Over to the other thread
Please continue discussing 80s music anywhere mate..I am too revisiting that beautiful era..
I would give my left nut and a couple limbs to have been born earlier so i was a teen in the 80s. Best decade ever, Not just for music. Life. Sadly i was only a kid then ('82).

Last edited by a moderator:
..and the journey begins in 2 hours...from the comfort of home @ Prague...Kosice... Bratislava...Vienna.... don't know the exact stops from there.... eventually Bujumbura!!
And I'm scared, sad ( to leave the kid behind), insecure BUT very blessed to have such wonderful inlaws....practically have no one from my own family nearby ( yes, of course my sisters are there, but live far away, other countries and busy with their own lives/ carriers etc.)

I feel like a king when someone else is driving. My wife is an awesome person, she understood I'm under some stress ( I'm acting all cool though) and she's driving...once we leave the city limits, I would. And her car is amazing!! Never really noticed it!! Mine is a POS.

Back