going to take vostro v13, any last words from laptop gurus ...

mtsandeep

Disciple
I want to have a sleek looking laptop, light weight and slim. After a long search, i think vostro v13 looks good for me.

Vostro v13 specs
13.3'' display
core 2 duo su 7300 1.3ghz
2gb ram
500gb hdd
no optical drives

I asked a shop near by my house and told it would cost around 37700 with linux ( dell's site states that it has windows 7 but the guy on the shop i asked told its only having linux).

Another laptop which looks cool to me was acer timelinex 4820t, but all my friends says that acer is not good, and not to take it. (is it true, about this particular model atleast?).

Or is there any other laptops out there with screen resolution 13 - 14'' and looks cool and light weight?

And please give your views on vostro v13, Anyone in te bought vostro v13?
Is price 37700 okay for this model with linux ?
price on dell's site is 38900 for model with win7.
Vostro V13 Laptop Details | Dell India

i wud suggest stay with dell , call dell reps to get a quote for that particular model , buy whichever is cheaper and suits u best ,

thanks,
I can't let this laptop go. it looks sexy :)
1z6qmaf.jpg

there are a few people here who work for dell and can get you a good deal. dont remember the names but I am sure they are around and watching...

It's a darn sexy laptop. It's on my wishlist. Hopefully I'll buy it soon too! Post a detailed review and pics when you do so. :hap2:

got my vostro v13 laptop 3 days ago.
I got it from a dealer near by. its from china i guess, so only had linux in it.
I got it for 37700.

I will post a detailed review with pictures soon.

mtsandeep said:
got my vostro v13 laptop 3 days ago.

I got it from a dealer near by. its from china i guess, so only had linux in it.

I got it for 37700.

I will post a detailed review with pictures soon.
Being from china or not has nothing to do with Linux.

For a ULV processor based system, the only issue with this one is lower than expected batt life (~5hrs i think)

Back