Good 40" LCD TV ?

How is Samsung LED TV 40D5003? Ezone is offering 35% discount on it for 2 days. I am getting it for 43k. Any suggestions?

Let me save you from a disaster my friend. It is In one word "horrible". No connection for home theater systems, sound suxx, picture quality just ok. Believe it or not, i also went o Ezone the one at Infinity 2 mall malad, and the sales guy offered me the exact same price. I was also very surprised as the price was just too good to be true.

I then went to Croma malad and asked the guy there about such an offer and he said the same things i mentioned above. It is the very basic and cheap model in the 5 series LED by Samsung.

Do not buy that particular model.

I am also so confused you have no idea. I have put up my post above for members to comment on it but havnt got a single reply from any one. Its very sad. The last thing to do would be putting my query in the main Consumer Electronics forum.

[font=arial, sans-serif]Guys help me decide between these two:[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]1) Samsung UA40D5000 [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]2) Sony EX520[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I think Samsung one is cheaper by 7k, so I am more inclined to it as both the models have almost similar features. What do you think?[/font]

So Samsung D5500 or Sony EX520?

For the Sony one, we have to buy the wifi adapter of sony itself and camera too ( for skype) which is quite expensive

Any comments on this? Please help me finalizing between these two.

the EX520 should be better for PQ(subjective since i could not test a sony ex520 with the HD format because of playback issues).

but if you want format compatibility i.e playing through USB pick the samsung 40D5500.

So Samsung D5500 or Sony EX520?

For the Sony one, we have to buy the wifi adapter of sony itself and camera too ( for skype) which is quite expensive

Any comments on this? Please help me finalizing between these two.

The Sony EX520 has a SPVA panel the D5500 on the other hand has a AMVA panel.

Buy a samsung if you need the high format support from USB ,spending a total of around 4k for skype camera and wifi adaptor doesn't make sense you can rather spend that money on a media player.

Adder

Samsung D5500 retails with SPVA panel too, I got one.

Well to date none of D5000/5500 owners in india nor from the showrooms i have seen in two different cities in india had a SPVA panel.

Whats the code at the back of the tv and more importantly whats the code you get in the service menu.

Who told you that?
Well to date none of D5000/5500 owners in india nor from the showrooms i have seen in two different cities in india had a SPVA panel.

Whats the code at the back of the tv and more importantly whats the code you get in the service menu.

Mjumrani , I own 46D5500 with SPVA panel which i got in Nov 2011 from Thailand.Beside i also own a 40D6400 which has HQ02 Panel as against HQ01.

Adder somewhere in this forum i have seen a member having SPVA panel on D5000 which he got from India.But i never mentioned about Indian retails of Samsung having SPVA, in fact i never gave a thought about PANEL's while doing demo.

Mjumrani , I own 46D5500 with SPVA panel which i got in Nov 2011 from Thailand.Beside i also own a 40D6400 which has HQ02 Panel as against HQ01.

Adder somewhere in this forum i have seen a member having SPVA panel on D5000 which he got from India.But i never mentioned about Indian retails of Samsung having SPVA, in fact i never gave a thought about PANEL's while doing demo.

Oh.

No one has told me this yet so I will ask here too,

How do I know which panel I am getting?

Version number !

Mjumrani , Look at the version number provided at the back....remember similar thing i quoted in my earlier post ?

Adder is best person for you right now to give you inputs regarding different panel's.

Quick Qst: Why not a 42" Plasma? Will be cheaper and you need not worry abt panel issues !

U mentioned skype camera, what's the primary application? TV or VDO chat?

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

You should have mentioned the size,since this thread is about 40".

The 40D5000/5500 always had a AMVA panel.The 46" and 55" version mostly or from what i saw had a SPVA panel.

Its only in series 6 that you start to see SPVA even in smaller sizes.

The 32" D580 also has a SPVA panel.While the 40"D550 has a SMVA panel .

I have seen an SQ panel in D550 and D5500 retailing in sony mony.

It was a demo (display) piece.

Nobody guarantees a SPVA panel though.

Ok. So a 40D6000 will have SPVA panel?

#jhononweed I can't find any version number mentioned
<

#mjumrani

Yes , D6000 has SPVA with version number HQ02.

You won't find D6400 here in India.

Check this for version number at the back and not on the package box.

LCD%20Small.jpg

Link http://www.samsung.com/us/support/supportOwnersHowToGuidePopup.do?howto_guide_seq=2644&prd_ia_cd=N0000043&map_seq=10587&regDt=20091028164307&page_gb=D&model_name=LN19C350D1D&type_ia_cd=N0000042&subtype_ia_cd=N0000043&row_index=3

# adder

I have seen a D5500 with SPVA panel in Delhi sometime back in 2011 while checking out different model's, a local showroom had it.

My initial post about panel was for mjumrani and not for OP so didn't mentioned size.I got 46D5500 from Bangkok with SPVA , they had SPVA on 40 too.....i checked myself at 3 different seller's.So yes Samsung D5500 comes with SPVA.

To be honest a normal regular tv viewer won't find much difference b/w SPVA& AMVA.

# adder

I have seen a D5500 with SPVA panel in Delhi sometime back in 2011 while checking out different model's, a local showroom had it.

My initial post about panel was for mjumrani and not for OP so didn't mentioned size.I got 46D5500 from Bangkok with SPVA , they had SPVA on 40 too.....i checked myself at 3 different seller's.So yes Samsung D5500 comes with SPVA.

To be honest a normal regular tv viewer won't find much difference b/w SPVA& AMVA.

Well its not impossible but did you see i a assembled in india tv or a imported grey market piece,delhi and few other north indian cities are the only ones which sell imported samsung tvs ,in the south or for that matter in mumbai the grey market samsung are just official samsung india tvs,sold at official street prices.

Since my relative wanted to specifically buy the 40" D5500 and i searched in various showrooms in 2 different cities in different states and have yet to come across a tv with SPVA panel,he eventually settled for the AMVA.

Back