Budget 10-15K Good battery backup, nice screen 5g phone for an elderly especially for media consumption... Clutter free

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
Looking for a phone for my dad
Budget could be till 17k
The usage is. Loads of youtube
Phone calls
Other usaul things
He wants to have good battery backup and clutter free phone
Pkease8 suggest

Would be grateful if it could be bought with offers and all

Thanks

For a clutter free phone, I will always suggest buying a phone with stock, or near stock Android, specially for an elder person. Moto phones are best in this respect.

I read a good review about Lava Blaze Pro 5G too, just yesterday. It has stock Android too, no bloatware, and hardware too seems quite good. Looks like a good phone for a price of 12,999/- . You can check that out too.

I assume you'd want a phone that's clutter free out of the box or can be decluttered within the phone settings itself? As opposed to custom ROMs?
Yeh I just can't do the tinkering now.. Would like something that's clutter free put of the box.
Dad accidentally installs and activates loads of notifications etc.. So want somethibg simple yet usable enough.

Good battery
Good screen
Loud earpiece (pretty loud) (he is a bit hard of hearing)
One that can strongly latch onto network. (in his room the signals of jio are pretty weak)

One that can strongly latch onto network. (in his room the signals of jio are pretty weak)
I'd strongly recommend ignoring this and not trying to go for high SAR phones or something. Network coverage inside buildings is not a problem that's going away anytime, use wifi calling instead. It works like a charm and the connection is crystal clear with no drops. If jio doesn't support it, consider switching to airtel or vi, they both have it.

If it's media consumption, consider keeping the present phine if it is not that bad and get a tab.

If phone is a must, Moto's newer phones would fit your need. Pixel 6a was ~20k during the sale, battery on 4G is ok not on 5G.

Try to get the best display. Moto Edge 40 Neo would be a great option, ~19k.

Reg tinkering, it would need a computer and 30min max to disable unwanted stuff.

With android's capibility of letting apps display ads over other apps, chrome letting websites send active notifications and ads.

I would adivse get a used iPhone, tell your dad to always block any tracking apps when asked.. add adgaurds dns to his phone! and your dad will have a no-ad no virus no annoying notifications phone.. battery life will be great as you can clearly gauge how worn the battery is with iPhones battery health settings.

only downside is truecaller and call recording doesnt work and elderly people really like truecaller and call recording.

Hello guys
Right so dad didn't go for a newer phone due to some reason... He is still using his
Motorola G40 fusion
But he has again started asking about it now...
IF possible can you guys suggest afresh some decent phone...
Usage is still
YouTube with loud volume
Loud speaker for calls too...
Decent battery life
Easy to handle and carry...
5g is fine but most of the time phone will be used indoors over wifi..

Reception in his room ain't that great but I hope vowifi should do for this.

Please suggest

Samsung's A35 still seems a well rounded phone to me, but it has a lot of ads and bloats that can be cleared later. But will be difficult if looking for out-of-the-box clean experience.

Redmi note 13 pro 5g
Just turn switch to 60hz from 120hz
Battery with that usage will easily last 40 hours

Edit: Just rechecked your budget this is comparatively high.
But with exchange and card discount shutoff go around 18 K

Check at your local croma store.

Instead of using mobile speakers but cheap Bluetooth speakers.

Hello guys
Right so dad didn't go for a newer phone due to some reason... He is still using his
Motorola G40 fusion
But he has again started asking about it now...
IF possible can you guys suggest afresh some decent phone...
Usage is still
YouTube with loud volume
Loud speaker for calls too...
Decent battery life
Easy to handle and carry...
5g is fine but most of the time phone will be used indoors over wifi..

Reception in his room ain't that great but I hope vowifi should do for this.

Please suggest
Samsung F15/M15 5G for 15k, solid choice IMO. Decent phone overall & lacks exynos. Check its reviews & also of Samsung A15 5G based on which this is based off.

Samsung with Exynos chip may need good reception area.
Check Mi, Redmi, Xaiomi (Pro series may have some good over non-pro series) Snapdragon/mediatek dimensity
But now days there some rant about some Snapdragon chip too.

For a clutter free phone, i will recommend one of the pixel phones, but if budget is an issue see some of the nothing phones.

Personally I will recommend tablets for elderly people and not phones. But that will cost more.

Samsung with Exynos chip may need good reception area.
Check Mi, Redmi, Xaiomi (Pro series may have some good over non-pro series) Snapdragon/mediatek dimensity
But now days there some rant about some Snapdragon chip too.
There are Snapdragon chips made by Samsung fab, so that results in same issues as Exynos chip.

Chips like S888/888+, 8 Gen 1, 7s Gen 2, Tensor, not sure what else are made by Samsung fab like Exynos.

Giving credit where it is due, Exynos 2400 of S24 has closed the gap with 8 Gen 3, which is good but I will still avoid Samsung fab chips.

Back