Budget 10-15K Good battery life/ Android

red dragon

Justiceforall
Skilled
Requirements in order of priority:
1. Battery life
2. Relatively smooth performance with normal usage ( no gaming/ no heavy app, only browsing, email, occasional YouTube)
3. Decent front facing camera ( for video calls) even a potato as main camera will do.
That's it!!
No brand preference.
Please don't suggest Xiaomi/ Realme/ Oppo/ Vivo etc. Nothing to do with Chinese boycott, we simply don't have access to those here.
Budget around 200 EUR, don't mind spending more if the battery life is outstanding.
Was considering the new iPhone SE, however don't want to get pulled back into Apple's "ecosystem" and lack of the 3.5mm precious little hole.

6000mah battery!! Thanks a lot man.
Post automatically merged:

Sadly it's not easy to buy it online from here. The local Samsung stores only have S20/ Note, few A series phones.

Last edited:

Sadly it's not easy to buy it online from here. The local Samsung stores only have S20/ Note, few A series phones.
Wonder what are the common android phone brands and models in your zone? I'm sure iphone will be the preferred brand as always...

I was reading that Sammy A-series is being launched in Europe & US. Check those out. the older (last year) A50 was quite a best seller, would be replaced by the A51 this year.

https://www.alza.cz/default.aspx I see M21 available on this site, it also has 6000mah battery
Thanks man, never bought anything from there though. However it looks legit.
@nRiTeCh, the choices are very limited compared to India. Mostly iPhones, Samsung S series, few A series, Note, few LG phones ( possibly V and G), Motorola ( very few, and expensive ones) some stores have OnePlus
Most people use Samsung S series, some iPhones ( older ones are still available)
Poor people like me use the A series, low end Nokia / Motorola imported from Germany.
@vishalrao , that`s fantastic!! I will visit the local Samsung store today.

How is the OnePlus 6T`s battery performance? Went to a mall today and unfortunately M21 was not available, but some other M series (possibly the M31) was there. Bought an iphone (XR) for wife (she badly needed a new phone) instead of a phone, bought another needless camera ( Canon 90D), already had the 5D III, 70D as a backup.

How is the Moto G8 power? It has a large battery (5000mah)costs only 220-230 EUR locally. Saw another huge Motorola phone with curved edges, it also has a 3.5mm HP in port (but costs a lot more,around 600 bucks) . SD processors tend to be more power efficient compared to Samsung ones (5t used to have better battery life than A50), but I may be completely wrong.
Pixel 3A is also available locally (forgot the price, but was cheap)

I cannot comment about all the phones but can surely say this that SD are more power efficient than Exynos SoC. Hence, samsung sells the same model with Exynos SoC at a lower price viz a vis SD.

Pixels, I think have the lowest battery settings (somewhere around 3000 mah, someone with a pixel could comment better on how it performs on a day to day basis with Google's software optimisation.

Curved phones are a gimmick, imo. Your palm edges would accidentally trigger gestures along the curves. I think one plus 8 or some recent model got a lot of flak for this very reason. Getting an in hand feel would help you more.

1+ is also a good brand if you have good after sales support. It had quick charge, good software optimisation and regular updates. You will be easily covered for 2 years and more if you maintain it. I am talking about 7t, you can get it for a good deal now that 8 series is out. It would be a bit expensive than Sammy, but SD has its advantages.

If your priority is battery alone, get a phone which has the max battery backup. If you want best of all forementioned features then I think it could be 1+ > Samsung > Moto and other brands. This is excluding Apple.

Do give emphasis on after sales support, and reviews especially for your country. Samsung was notorious for giving updates very late(India), it seems they have improved a bit. No idea about Moto.

I personally use Nokia 7+ and I get around 1.5 to 2 days with light use. But I won't recommend it. Poor after sales support both in East and in West. They are still in their infancy.

Sorry for long post... Hope you don't mind.

Edit: Just saw a video on Moto fusion+. I think it would fit your requirement. Stock Android, 5000mah battery, no gimmicky stuff. But again, check reviews in your country.

Last edited:
Pixels are only known for pure google exp and camera but what sucks is their way too below par battery. I mean seriously for such a costly and a brand phone you bundle a battery where a pubg user will barely get an hours play?
i know users who keep charging it every now and then.
This was the exact situation with Samsung years ago as their software wasnt optimized and with tons of bloatware users use to roam with chargers and powerbanks but not anymore.
Google needs to think on this. Its like running a Ferrari with 10litre of gas tank!

Last edited:
@Tejas01, absolutely not mate. Thanks for your detailed reply.
@nRiTeCh , thanks mate. You're right about pixel's battery life ( all reviews talk about this issue)
My experience with recent Android is very limited ( OP 5t and Samsung A50) was an Apple slave before.
The 5t was a very snappy phone with decent battery life. A50 is laggy compared to 5T and the battery has degraded a lot with average use in less than a year.
I don't mind increasing the budget to flagship level, but don't need fancy camera or bleeding edge hardware for gaming. Battery life and reasonably smooth experience is all I care about in a phone.

Fusion plus? Is it India exclusive model?

@Tejas01, absolutely not mate. Thanks for your detailed reply.
@nRiTeCh , thanks mate. You're right about pixel's battery life ( all reviews talk about this issue)
My experience with recent Android is very limited ( OP 5t and Samsung A50) was an Apple slave before.
The 5t was a very snappy phone with decent battery life. A50 is laggy compared to 5T and the battery has degraded a lot with average use in less than a year.
I don't mind increasing the budget to flagship level, but don't need fancy camera or bleeding edge hardware for gaming. Battery life and reasonably smooth experience is all I care about in a phone.

Fusion plus? Is it India exclusive model?
Fusion+ from Moto has just been launched in India, you will have to ask Moto care when they intend to come out with an EU/International variant.

Checking Moto website for Rest of Europe (surprised.. they have edition for Slovakia, but not Czech Republic!!)

Please go through respective country site if RoE is invalid.

If your experience with 1+ has been good, it won't disappoint you. It's near to flagship so you will get high end features..

If available in Slovakia, can get it here easily. Thanks a lot for your time and effort.

As you mentioned the bump-up in the budget, Samsung Note 10 Lite, can be an option.
Yes, was thinking about that too, didn't know about the lite version, hope it's not another India exclusive, can use the s- pen to take notes directly, it will be super useful feature for me.

Yeah dont spend a luxury on phones these days. Literally no point even if one has ample of money to splurge I would say buy something else but phone. The flagship you buy today gets outdated within a year easily. So spending yachting in excess of 20-25k INR is a plain stupidity.
Samsung has a very very confusing line almost like they got phones for almost many alphabets.
A/S/Z/J/A/M/E/R/Y/C/EDGE/MINI/NOTE etc...
After galaxy tomorrow they will come with asteroid then planets then aliens... Only samsung loyalists must be understanding it.

Ended up with a note 10 lite. Never knew the stylus thing has become so freaking powerful.
It has made my life so much easier.
Will probably become a Note slave for next 10 years.
Why did I never try the Note earlier?? It's literally built for clumsy people like me who still write notes on wall with pencils.
So much better. Whoever suggested it....thanks A TON mate, you've changed my life.

Back