good burning/editing software

eagle004

Disciple
Suggest a good dvd burning software. i don't need a large fancy software like nero. just a simple software that will let me burn photos, music, video( both SD and HD) files and folders onto cd/dvd. Should be fast and reliable( Shouldn't cause too many disk errors). that's all!

hey even i dont use nero, because i dont need all those features.

the best burning sw i have found is ImgBurn. chk it out. u will never use anything else.

IMO best and most simple to use ..is Nero..

specially the older 6.6 versions with ultra buffer.

the new one's like nero 7 ..are full of other multimedia softwares which very few people use..but it may come handy at times..

even the new nero 8 looks ..good..but again its a 177 mb setup..and takes a lot of space after installation.

if it's only for burning try nero 6.6.1.4 with ultra buffer..u wont be

disappointed !

here u go : OldVersion.com

or select any other version from here :

Nero - OldVersion.com

okay will check out img burn.
well fahim , is nero 6614 compatible with vista. i used to use nero 6 with xp and loved it. but is it compatible wirth windows vista??

eagle004 said:
okay will check out img burn.

well fahim , is nero 6614 compatible with vista. i used to use nero 6 with xp and loved it. but is it compatible wirth windows vista??

dunno but most probably its not..cause i remember during the beta testing days of windows vista i had tried Nero and it didnt get installed..

so i guess ..only latest nero 7 and 8 work with vista..

the other option u have for vista is to do a minimal option of nero 7/8..means only the core components ..there must be such a option in the advance setup while installing Nero.

cause i have not found any other option which as easyto use as nero..

may be Roxio burner comes close...

Some time ago Nero 6 wouldn't write some video files - a few DVD's were wasted in the process. Someone suggested I try Imgburn and it worked flawlessly... after that, I started burning all videos and .ISO files with Imgburn. Oh, and it has a pretty intuitive interface too...

RiO said:
Some time ago Nero 6 wouldn't write some video files - a few DVD's were wasted in the process. Someone suggested I try Imgburn and it worked flawlessly... after that, I started burning all videos and .ISO files with Imgburn. Oh, and it has a pretty intuitive interface too...

hmm thats nice..does it also convert normal videos or avi files to dvd format if i make DVD disc. ??

Okay can someone tell me whether it's alright to have two dvd burning softwares installed in your computer. I just got the nero-8 micro (it's only a 13 MB file) .Thinking of installing it on my system.

Back