good burning/editing software

eagle004

Disciple
Sep 5, 2007
Suggest a good dvd burning software. i don't need a large fancy software like nero. just a simple software that will let me burn photos, music, video( both SD and HD) files and folders onto cd/dvd. Should be fast and reliable( Shouldn't cause too many disk errors). that's all!

raja_mastana

Adept
Apr 9, 2006
hey even i dont use nero, because i dont need all those features.

the best burning sw i have found is ImgBurn. chk it out. u will never use anything else.

FaH33m

Analog Vibes
Skilled
Apr 29, 2006
IMO best and most simple to use ..is Nero..

specially the older 6.6 versions with ultra buffer.

the new one's like nero 7 ..are full of other multimedia softwares which very few people use..but it may come handy at times..

even the new nero 8 looks ..good..but again its a 177 mb setup..and takes a lot of space after installation.

if it's only for burning try nero 6.6.1.4 with ultra buffer..u wont be

disappointed !

here u go : OldVersion.com

or select any other version from here :

Nero - OldVersion.com

eagle004

Disciple
Sep 5, 2007
okay will check out img burn.
well fahim , is nero 6614 compatible with vista. i used to use nero 6 with xp and loved it. but is it compatible wirth windows vista??

FaH33m

Analog Vibes
Skilled
Apr 29, 2006
eagle004 said:
okay will check out img burn.

well fahim , is nero 6614 compatible with vista. i used to use nero 6 with xp and loved it. but is it compatible wirth windows vista??

dunno but most probably its not..cause i remember during the beta testing days of windows vista i had tried Nero and it didnt get installed..

so i guess ..only latest nero 7 and 8 work with vista..

the other option u have for vista is to do a minimal option of nero 7/8..means only the core components ..there must be such a option in the advance setup while installing Nero.

cause i have not found any other option which as easyto use as nero..

may be Roxio burner comes close...

gizmoholic

Adept
Jul 6, 2005
Just tried nero 8 Micro (its arnd 30 mb) ..Works flawlessly. has got ultra buffer too. You might want to check it out !

raja_mastana

Adept
Apr 9, 2006
gaganjain said:
Problem with img burn is every time i want brun cd/dvd i have make image 1st then write.

hey thats not true.

u must b using an older version.

u can burn directly in the newer versions.

FaH33m

Analog Vibes
Skilled
Apr 29, 2006
RiO said:
Imgburn for videos, Nero 6.6 for everything else...

any specific reasons for using Imgburn for videos..cause i burn my videos also using nero..:)

RiO

Skilled
Dec 13, 2005
www.axemanrio.com
Some time ago Nero 6 wouldn't write some video files - a few DVD's were wasted in the process. Someone suggested I try Imgburn and it worked flawlessly... after that, I started burning all videos and .ISO files with Imgburn. Oh, and it has a pretty intuitive interface too...

FaH33m

Analog Vibes
Skilled
Apr 29, 2006
RiO said:
Some time ago Nero 6 wouldn't write some video files - a few DVD's were wasted in the process. Someone suggested I try Imgburn and it worked flawlessly... after that, I started burning all videos and .ISO files with Imgburn. Oh, and it has a pretty intuitive interface too...

hmm thats nice..does it also convert normal videos or avi files to dvd format if i make DVD disc. ??

FaH33m

Analog Vibes
Skilled
Apr 29, 2006
RiO said:
Yup, it does a good job of that as well - Nero definitely loses out to Imgburn in this department :)

thanx for the info will try ImgBurn..:hap2:

eagle004

Disciple
Sep 5, 2007
Okay can someone tell me whether it's alright to have two dvd burning softwares installed in your computer. I just got the nero-8 micro (it's only a 13 MB file) .Thinking of installing it on my system.