Good Music Phone under 10k

iamlegend

Disciple
Hi guys,

My Friend wants a good Music phone under 10k. Pl suggest some options.
1. Q: Budget?
A: 10k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Touch/Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: any

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: NOKIA/SAMSUNG/LG/HTC

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: touch/Bar

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 2MP camera Min

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Any

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: Not Mandatory but good to have 3G/WIFI

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Mainly Audio/FM & Music is high priority & Multimedia

Please suggest, thanks in advance

--
AJ

I have kept 5230 as the last option :)

i heard Samsung phone has good audio is that true? any Samsung recommendations?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

warewolf4586 said:
have a look at Dell XCD 35 ~

price ~9.4K after using RCOMLB1 coupon

Online Shopping - Buy Mobile Phones, Cameras, Laptops @ Lowest Price - Letsbuy.com

or as per your brand preference = LG optimus one ~9K with same coupon code on letsbuy.

both have 3.5mm jack

i heard dell phones has heating issue so i am little worried to suggest him. any updates on that? how is the audio i never tried that...:huh:

if you are looking for a phone with music capability,i would recommend nokia 5230 or 5233(if you don't need 3g).And before i get flamed, i own both a dell xcd 35 and nokia 5233.points in favour of nokia 5233:

1.better music quality
2.better stock music application
3.better radio antenna
4.use the spare cash to buy a 32 gb data card
5.BATTERY LIFE.
6.BATTERY LIFE
7.BATTERY LIFE
8.easy availability of extra battery
9.there is a mod available on pnht.com to map hardware keys(camera key,red button,green button,volume buttons) to act as music control keys when phone is locked-like the sony w800i if you remember that phone.
10.hot swap of memory cards
11.nokia 5233-rs5800+32gb microsd-rs2500=rs8300- GREAT MUSIC PLAYER WITH ABILITY TO CONTROL MUSIC WITH HARDWARE KEYS .BEST CHOICE BELOW 10k!!!!!!!!!!!

drsingh said:
if you are looking for a phone with music capability,i would recommend nokia 5230 or 5233(if you don't need 3g).And before i get flamed, i own both a dell xcd 35 and nokia 5233.points in favour of nokia 5233:

1.better music quality
3.better radio antenna
5.BATTERY LIFE.
6.BATTERY LIFE
7.BATTERY LIFE
9.there is a mod available on pnht.com to map hardware keys(camera key,red button,green button,volume buttons) to act as music control keys when phone is locked-like the sony w800i if you remember that phone.
11.nokia 5233-rs5800+32gb microsd-rs2500=rs8300- GREAT MUSIC PLAYER WITH ABILITY TO CONTROL MUSIC WITH HARDWARE KEYS .BEST CHOICE BELOW 10k!!!!!!!!!!!
hey even i have N 5230 ! But i thought there might be some good option :S.
So seems like Nokia still rules in Music ! how about Sony Erricson:D ?

sony erricson is good for music too.they have the x8 rebranded as a walkman phone.some slider form factor phones too.BUT you can't beat nokia at this price
(rs 5800 for nokia 5233 now) because:
1.symbian os-smartphone os-a lot of music players and mods available
2.big battery
3.hardware key control for music possible in locked position
4.screen resolution 640*360-good for browsing and videoes.this is the main reason i did not want to upgrade to the cheap androids.no phone at 10k could beat this resolution before.

As you said music is priority i can say sony ericssion zylo is one of the best music phones i have experienced till date. I have used nokia 5800, N73 for music before, they are never near to sony sound quality IMO. Just a few weeks back bought Zylo for a friend after reading many reviews about its music. and with its stock earphones the music is pleasant and good.I said pleasant ang good because you can expect more if you have an earplug type phones for the zylo which gives amazing output.

The phone costed 6.5k~ on flipcart, as your budget is up to 10k with the remaining amount you can buy a 8/16 GB micro Sd, and sony adaptor for 100 bucks on ebay to convert the sony jack into a 3.5mm jack, and get a decent earphones of your choice.

The phone also has 3G, facebook & twitter integration, and chat style sms which will be good for chatting with friends. It has video call option but only with the rear cam as it doesn't have front cam.

It supports many audio formats, specifically flac which is not seen among mobiles. Has Clear Bass technology.

The drawbacks i see is the slide, the two selection keys being small.

For the cost and the features its a good phone for music. For more reviews you can visit > gsmarena.com

satishinti said:
As you said music is priority i can say sony ericssion zylo is one of the best music phones i have experienced till date. I have used nokia 5800, N73 for music before, they are never near to sony sound quality IMO. Just a few weeks back bought Zylo for a friend after reading many reviews about its music. and with its stock earphones the music is pleasant and good.I said pleasant ang good because you can expect more if you have an earplug type phones for the zylo which gives amazing output.

The phone costed 6.5k~ on flipcart, as your budget is up to 10k with the remaining amount you can buy a 8/16 GB micro Sd, and sony adaptor for 100 bucks on ebay to convert the sony jack into a 3.5mm jack, and get a decent earphones of your choice.

The phone also has 3G, facebook & twitter integration, and chat style sms which will be good for chatting with friends. It has video call option but only with the rear cam as it doesn't have front cam.

It supports many audio formats, specifically flac which is not seen among mobiles. Has Clear Bass technology.

The drawbacks i see is the slide, the two selection keys being small.

For the cost and the features its a good phone for music. For more reviews you can visit > gsmarena.com

yeh but currently my options are only Bar/Touch type phone so i can't go for Zylo.

i have kept Nokia 5800 also as one backup option bcz i saw it univercell for 10k!!:hap2:

today i will ask him to chk Sony Er w8 also. I always like Sory err headphones i am using it for my Nokia 5230 :D its awesome... at the end of the end of the day good ear phones ll make lot of diff right !;)

Hpnx6320 said:
i know in ur preference there no Sony Ericsson but take a look at

Sony Ericsson Walkman W8 - Android 2.1/600 MHz Processor/3G/3.2MP

4 GB Memory Card Inside the box

buy from lestsbuy & use rcomlb1 coupon , get 1000rs discount

link = http://www.letsbuy.com/sony-ericsson-walkman-w8-p-18103

you are right i have considered this also ! sorry I mentioned X8 instead of W8 :)

Few month back i got X10 Mini for my sister i some how didnt like the menu and interface of Sony :mad:

anyways i ll ask him to chk this one also bcz it has Android ! Thanks for this suggestion

I used to have a Nokia 5233 and let me tell you the music quality was just fab! :) That phone was stolen a few days ago :(

LG O1 has good (not as good as 5233) Audio quality but much nicer interface and it is the best phone (overall) under 10k.

Zylo and Hazel (both Sony Ericsson) are also very good options if you can live with traditional alphanumeric keypad (Hazel looks very very sexy!)

If the budget can be increased to 12.5k there is Nokia C6-01 which is an awesome multimedia phone with S^3 and Much better AMOLED screen (you can watch videos too!).

I would say try each one and make your choice :)

drsingh said:

1.better music quality
3.better radio antenna
5.BATTERY LIFE.
6.BATTERY LIFE
7.BATTERY LIFE
drsingh
can you tell me what pnht mod are you talking about??? i searched pnht for it but could not find it...

Back