Good OFR Heater

Obviously. It was winter time when I called him. That is why he was wearing a muffler. He said that it is an expected behaviour and this is how it works.
There's some miscommunication here. We want to know why do you think dual ac are a scam? What happens when you set AC to blow hot air in winters?

Using 9 fin OFR for 12x14 room. Serves it's purpose. Morphy Richard's. 2000W × 400W fan heater. Works well for Gurgaon. Run it for 30 minutes with fan, then turn it off and set the thermostat.

For Mussoorie have we have the 12 fin model. Works there too, where it gets quite cold.

Best aspect about these things is: safe (you will not burn your hand if accidentally touched or brushed against); auto cut for temperature. They do not dry the room. Easy to store during summers. We just unplug it, and leave it where it "is". Aesthetically appealing. No noise. We have warm air ACs at Gurgaon. They too warm the rooms. Too noisy. Winters is about cozy and blissful warmth--with the occasion pirate tipple.

Yea, you get a bump in power bills!

That is not warm enough. Assuming you mean the air coming out.

The LG in the review had air coming out at 50 degrees

So the question is whether your dual can push air out that warm or not.

Can we fix your two units now that weather is cold :)
Bhai, the max temperature is 30 degree only. Yes, it has a heating mode and it can push hot air but it is a heat pump only. There is no heating mechanism inside the indoor or outdoor unit if any such tech exist.
There's some miscommunication here. We want to know why do you think dual ac are a scam? What happens when you set AC to blow hot air in winters?
Because the ac is running at full load, at max temperature and air flow and I am still cold cursing my cold feet. It doesn't feel like it is working at all.

Last edited:
Just adding here I got this and it works well. Cheap to buy cheap to use.

Keeps the bed warm. Worth considering as OFRs consume more electricity than ACs IME :)

Thanks.
+1. I had a WW 12 fin OFR and it did consumed a lot. So I reserved it for the harshest period of winters in Delhi, mid Dec to mid Jan, and went for an electric blanket.
Did drop my bill by a huge margin. Offcourse, if one wants to hear a room, nothing better than OFR.

+1. I had a WW 12 fin OFR and it did consumed a lot. So I reserved it for the harshest period of winters in Delhi, mid Dec to mid Jan, and went for an electric blanket.
Did drop my bill by a huge margin. Offcourse, if one wants to hear a room, nothing better than OFR.
Exactly my plan, but I gave the bed warmer to dad. Using OFR for a week now.

Try setting it lower and see if it makes a difference. IN the review he has it at 22. Can you set it to 25 or lower ? instead of 30
Mine is Lloyd hot and cold ac, 1 ton. Room size is fine because it works great in summers. I never kept it below 24 in summers and it supports upto 16 degree. Service guy came and did some temperature measurements.
What temperature was the air coming out of the AC in heat mode? If you have an IR thermometer you can measure this yourself

Something is not right

Cooling Capacity (W)3560 W / 1780 W

Yours is a 1 ton and is rated to draw 1780W in heat mode. If there is a rating sticker on the outdoors unit can you take a pic of it and post it here?

The reviewer has a 2 ton that can draw 2100W. When it started at 1500W it was blowing out 53 degree air. As it warmed up the inverter reduced the power draw to 600W and ended with 45 degrees temperature air coming out.

It took 20 minutes to warm a room up from 15 degrees to 22. He has a two ton so it will take twice as long with a 1 ton. He advises running the ceiling fan also as it circulates the air better.

A further tweak is if you have a fan that can run in reverse/inverse/winter mode. Regular mode is anti-clockwise for summer. Winter clockwise.

Another satisfied customer
I am using 30 degree, the max possible temperature. I have two so, both can't be faulty at the same time or may be they are. I don't know. I spent atleast 20k extra on this junk.
Even more important is that it works then. I'm still not clear whether that is the case or not.

Call another guy and get him to measure the temperature of the air coming out in heat mode.

You see what the number is and then tell us

Test at different temperature settings and see if the air temperature changes or remains the same.

I posted two reviews of your brand from satisfied customers. Maybe there is a fault with yours. Two faulty is pushing the odds though.

Last edited:
Back