Good portable harddisk deals on amazon from 3799 for 1TB

ordered one last night. my first purchase from amazon.in.

and amazon india doesn't offer any discount coupons though they they have option for entering coupon code during checkout.
may be they give out codes in a very selective manner or they are yet to offer out coupons. lets this diwali season they will start offering coupons codes.

@nimod i think amazon.in offering 10% off to citi cc... read somewhere...
Thank you vagabond, but they just sent me the sessage that they have despatched it. Thats bit fast.
Anyway, I don't use any CC.[DOUBLEPOST=1381743846][/DOUBLEPOST]Now I see why they were quick.
The price is now 3699. ;)

Last edited:
Thank you vagabond, but they just sent me the sessage that they have despatched it. Thats bit fast.
Anyway, I don't use any CC.[DOUBLEPOST=1381743846][/DOUBLEPOST]Now I see why they were quick.
The price is now 3699. ;)

For 3699 its steal deal..

Amazon has warehouse in Mumbai & they have most items in stock at their super warehouse so superfast shipping.
Wallmart called off deal with Bharati but they are going to wait till next elections & If Modi comes they will come with a bang.
Flipkart is going to have tough time in near future.

My Toshiba Conviowas delivered today evening.
Formatted the disk to have differnt file systems: ntfs, ext4 and ext4-encrypted.
My system has only USB2.
Write-speeds for copying 3GB files (4 pieces):
ntfs - 28MB/s
ext4 - 30MB/s
encrypted ext4 - 27MB/s
Didn't check with USB3 yet.

Bit about amazon service here.
I won't say how many hours they took for delivery as I ordered it little after midnight.
I will say 'it was delivered from mumbai to delhi, the next day.'
packaging was simple, orignal disk-pack was inside a box filled with plastic air bags.

About the disk:
Its quite light weight. Has plastic case which is better in my opinion. it will protect from static.
The included cable is about 15inches. little longer one could have been better.

Looking to buy a protective cover for it.
Any suggestions friends?

Back