Good quality 3.5mm jack splitter?

Stronk

Adept
Hi all,
Hope you are doing well. I need to get a 3.5mm splitter such that two people can connect to the same audio output. Have shortlisted 2 of them as below:

1. Belkin Rockstar
2. CableCreation Headphone Splitter

Any reason I should go for one over the other, if I need to split output only into 2 for now? Or should I consider anything else? Budget of Rs. 600-700, can't extend beyond 750. Would prefer a solid build quality and that it should not degrade the quality of output audio. Planning to use this with my Tempotec Sonata HD Pro in order to comfortably drive 2 pairs of IEMs so enough power will be present to power 2 (or even more) IEMs comfortably, but don't want the audio quality to degrade by a lot when using the splitter.
Please pitch in with your experiences if you have with any of the above products or similar. Thank you.

Seems like the CableCreation Splitter is a better option as it has gold plated contacts which is more reliable and offers better connectivity

Hi all,
Hope you are doing well. I need to get a 3.5mm splitter such that two people can connect to the same audio output. Have shortlisted 2 of them as below:

1. Belkin Rockstar

Any reason I should go for one over the other, if I need to split output only into 2 for now? Or should I consider anything else? Budget of Rs. 600-700, can't extend beyond 750. Would prefer a solid build quality and that it should not degrade the quality of output audio. Planning to use this with my Tempotec Sonata HD Pro in order to comfortably drive 2 pairs of IEMs so enough power will be present to power 2 (or even more) IEMs comfortably, but don't want the audio quality to degrade by a lot when using the splitter.
Please pitch in with your experiences if you have with any of the above products or similar. Thank you.
I was using the ₹150 wala thing and it was gold plated and good for that price. bought it from amazon.

Hi all,

1. Belkin Rockstar

I have one of the cheaper 5-way splitters and frankly don't have an issue as such with audio degradation. Nearly all of them market it as gold-plated, so can't use that as a parameter. The cheaper splitters will mostly have issues when using high impedance devices.

I don't suppose many people would have used both, so you can judge based on the Amazon reviews. Even the AmazonBasics one might work for you. Unfortunately, most of them are non-returnable.

Thank you all for your suggestions, have gone ahead with the Belkin one for now because of the brand + flexibility of connecting more than 2 devices. Will update with a brief review here once I get it.

Back