Budget 10-15K Good quality phone for 10K

Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: INR 10K-11K

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Preferably HD

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No Oppo, Vivo or Redmi.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Mainly calls and whatsapp

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New

9. Any other requirements?
A:

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Moto G9

-----------------------------

Hi guys,

I need a phone for my friend's wife, for a budget around 10K. Can put 1K extra for a good phone.

My friend wanted a smartphone for the budget of around 6-7K, but I don't think you will get any decent phone in that range, which will last for long time. So I suggested to go upto 10K, where you start getting decent phones.

The main requirement is for calling and whatsapp.

I want a decent phone, which his wife can handle on a daily basis, and it should be durable and reliable, and offer good experience for a casual user.

I did some search in the 10K range, and came across 4 choices that I can consider.

Samsung Galaxy M02S: Rejected this as the processor is old, and the lack of a fingerprint sensor is just quite bad, which is quite a basic requirement nowadays.

Moto E7 Plus: Considered this, but then rejected, because for just 1K more, I can get the Moto G9, which is much better option than this in terms of specifications.

Poco M3: Looks like a good phone at this price and it is said that the phone doesn't have ads like Redmi phones. But, there are still bloatware apps, some of which are hard to remove, and that is a negative. Also, read in a review that despite saying lack of ads, there were some app suggestions somewhere. So, looks a bit sneaky.

Moto G9: Seems like the phone to go for. Processor is same as Poco M3. The good thing is the near stock Android OS, which I prefer. Even with 4 GB RAM, it will give a good experience, for normal usage. Price also is same as Poco M3. Poco M3 does have Corning Gorilla glass protection which is lacking in this phone, but I think that can be overlooked. The phone does seem to have spill protection, which is also great.

So, Moto G9 seems a good choice for me.

Any other suggestions or input please?

@becool773 Which location?
Raise this issue over twitter. Tell them what happened and share screenshots how Fk deliberately rescheduled orders despite not initiated by you.
I had an issue with Fk not taking a return for a headphone barely used for 5 mins. Raised the issue on twitter and ranted like hell. Got a call from HQ in Bangalore and they patiently listened to my issue and got the order returned.
Don't talk to their CC, it's useless.

My experience with Realme phone was bad software wise. I had RealmeXT and it was a good phone. But battery drained like 12-15% overnight which was way too much. We were the initial users of RealmeOS after migrating from ColorOS. While ColorOS looked cartoonish, it was very stable. But after having this issue for more than 6 months, I exchanged XT for Poco X3.
Consult other members using Realme device. My friend with Realme 6i didn't face these problems as his phone came with RealmeOS out of the box.

Last edited:
Well I think you're in luck because realme just launched its Narzo 30 Series this week on Wednesday. If you're looking for a 4G smartphone under 10k, you can get the Realme Narzo 30A with a price tag of Rs. 8,999 for the 3GB RAM + 32GB storage variant and Rs. 9,999 for the 4GB RAM + 64GB storage option. This phone has some impressive specs such as the octa-core MediaTek Helio G85 SoC for gaming, 6,000mAh battery that supports 18W fast charging and reverse-charging feature and 13-megapixel primary sensor + a monochrome portrait sensor setup. So you won't have to worry about the primary requirements even at a low cost.

I already stated in my preferences, and in another post that I won't consider Oppo and Vivo products, as I am highly skeptical about their quality.

The phone does look good overall in terms of specs, but still falls behind Poco M3, which has 6 GB RAM, and full HD display. I cannot comment about the processor of Realme phone, because I have no idea about it.

I won't consider the phone, but others who are looking for phones around 10K range can surely consider it.
You can also look at the Realme Narzo 30 Pro if you're looking to invest well in a 5G enabled smartphone. Although it's a little out of your budget (INR 16,999), but it is well-justified with the configuration. It offers a 6.5-inch full-HD+ display with 120Hz refresh rate, 48-megapixel quad-cam array, 5,000mAh battery that supports 30W Dart Charge fast charging, MediaTek Dimensity 800U SoC for 5G connectivity as well as smooth multitasking and multiple other features and only weighs 194 grams.
Hence, if you can exceed your budget a bit, I would suggest you to go for the Realme Narzo 30 Pro because you get a 5G powered smartphone at the lowest price available in India right now. And it's better to invest in a technology that's going to become mainstream in the upcoming years.

The phone is not just a little out of range... it is way out of range of the stated budget. Cannot consider it.

Plus, I think that if there is no immediate requirement of buying a smartphone, it is better to wait for 5G to be officially launched in India. By then, many 5G phones will be out, and then users can have a wide range of choices. 5G won't be coming till the mid of next year.. so I don't think it is any point buying a 5G phone now.
@Tejas01 @CapriAnupam
How's this phone?
Poco is returning back as the ba$tards kept on updating customer asked to reschedule/not at home. Their usual mumbo jumbo here. If we pay them a 100 or so then they will deliver. Hope it was available on other sites also.

I posted my thoughts about Realme phone above.

It is sad to hear that Poco is returning back. It must be really frustrating when such a thing happens. As @Tejas01 said, you can post about this on their Twitter account. Hopefully, they will do something about it.

Poco M3 is available exclusively on Flipkart I think, so you will have to get it from there unfortunately.

How far is your place from the nearest city? My suggestion is that if you have friends or relatives there in the nearest city who are trustworthy, then you can consider getting the phone delivered to their place, and then you can collect the phone. Don't know if that is feasible for you.

Back