Audio good quality portable speaker for car

guptavis

Adept
Mar 24, 2009
hello guys,

After having my Alto for four years, ive finally decided to get some kind of audio setup. Its a combination of realising the need and getting fed up of everyone pesking me about not having one.

I am basically not a big music lover, but i like to listen to soft music like ghazals, old hindi songs, enya etc. I have a puny Altec Lansing BXR 1221 for my home PC speaker, so i guess you know what i am talking about. Dont need any loudness, woofer, etc. But should be clear and loud enough to listem in the car.

But i dont want to (cant afford to) go for a full fledge car audio system.

Thinking of getting a portable speaker that can take a 3.5mm line in from phone, ipod, etc. running USB drive is a plus but not really required.

Should run on rechargeable battery or 12v car socket. (dont want to use AAA batteries as they are bad for environment).

Can someone please guide me on what options i have? I am thinking of keeping within Rs 2k but may extend a bit if quality is really good.

Chiranjib

Disciple
Nov 12, 2011
Mumbai
I suggest you go for speakers designed for use in cars rather than using speakers designed for use in homes.

The environment in a car being a bit more noisy than home, speakers designed for home use may not sound good in a car.

Even a basic set of speakers designed for use in cars may sound better than speakers for home use.