Good-riddance to frequent computer upgrades!

whatsinaname

Skilled
Apr 18, 2007
Mid range PCs already outperform the PS3 quite easily. Lets not bring PC vs PS3 in here. :p

Uncharted is brilliant. Just bought it last week, got it for 30$. (Greatest hits pricing, but bought it before the ugly red casing is in stock. The Platinum box for European versions is nice, though.)

Am about 7 chapters into the game, am playing really slowly, trying to maximise enjoyment, etc. It's difficult to do that, there is the "just kill a few more thugs" factor. :p

Another game you should definitely play is Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction.

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Jun 21, 2008
FL
whatsinaname said:
Mid range PCs already outperform the PS3 quite easily. Lets not bring PC vs PS3 in here.:p

But yeah, Uncharted is brilliant. Just bought it last week, got it for 30$. (Greatest hits pricing, but bought it before the ugly red casing is in stock. The Platinum box for European versions is nice, though.)
Am about 7 chapters into the game, am playing really slowly, trying to maximise enjoyment, etc. It's difficult to do that, there is the "just kill a few more thugs" factor. :p

Another game you should definitely play is Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction.

Care to explain how and why?
and where you personally tested?

no i dont care how you think or read. the actual proofs that you have.

matoind

Adept
May 24, 2009
PS3 ko lene ka bahana chahiye. I wonder how long can you resist an upgrade! Anyways, not a bad choice. Best of both worlds.

SidhuScorpion

Skilled
Mar 4, 2007
Congrats Gannu, awesome buy, I hope detatchable plastic legs provide stable support for the table, no arm rest :p , marble shelve is good alternative if allowed in PG/Hostel.

Sei

Skilled
Aug 14, 2006
Pune
Gannu said:
^:p

Doesn't mean PC games have been totally neglected. Just that wasting money for expensive gfx cards and processors isn't quite justified. Besides I should say pc games won't hold a candle to the graphics & rendering of the ps3 games, not perhaps in the near future! I'm totally blown away!

Absolutely man, don't worry you made the right choice (though you already know that :)) . PS3 is in it's own league.

PS: I'm directly going to start copy-pasting your threads as soon as I get a damn job. All your show-offs will be mine! :muahaha:

whatsinaname

Skilled
Apr 18, 2007
m-jeri said:
Care to explain how and why?

and where you personally tested?

no i dont care how you think or read. the actual proofs that you have.

I have a PS3 and a PC.

All PS3 games are 720p (except for 2 or 3 at 1080p.)

A midrange card (like the 4850 now) can easily play Crysis (mid-high settings) and Call of Duty 4 (High settings) at greater resolution than 1280x720.

Uncharted runs at 720p on the PS3.

Call of Duty 4 runs at 680p on the PS3.

What more proof do you need? Again, I think the PS3 is a very good machine with some really good games. (Maybe the fact that I paid 340$ for one should indicate that I thought it was worth it.) But to claim it is technically superior to a PC is pushing it.

(Also, why so serious/combative? Your post came off that way, apologies if you had not meant it that way.)

Edit: @Gannu - Sorry for derailing your thread. I should have been smarter than to bring this topic up.

thexfactor

Insanely Awesome!!
Skilled
Mar 31, 2006
Congrats Gannu, awesome purchase :D

me looking to do the same, tired of constant upgrades just for the games.

DanDroiD

Skilled
Apr 17, 2007
Congrats... apart from games this is a great all around media machine and works beautifully with Windows media server DLNA. I am sure you will love having it and get plenty of enjoyment from it ;)

Audiophi1le

Live eviL
Skilled
Apr 18, 2009
Congrats
Games for PS3 are priced @ 1.5k+, and u will miss FPS unless uget a XFPS adapter for keyboard and mouse(Dont mind me I am just jealous:eek:hyeah:)

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Jun 21, 2008
FL
whatsinaname said:
I have a PS3 and a PC.
All PS3 games are 720p (except for 2 or 3 at 1080p.)
A midrange card (like the 4850 now) can easily play Crysis (mid-high settings) and Call of Duty 4 (High settings) at greater resolution than 1280x720.
Uncharted runs at 720p on the PS3.
Call of Duty 4 runs at 680p on the PS3.

What more proof do you need? Again, I think the PS3 is a very good machine with some really good games. (Maybe the fact that I paid 340$ for one should indicate that I thought it was worth it.) But to claim it is technically superior to a PC is pushing it.

(Also, why so serious/combative? Your post came off that way, apologies if you had not meant it that way.)

Edit: @Gannu - Sorry for derailing your thread. I should have been smarter than to bring this topic up.

Mid range PC != PS3 :hap2: ( I had 2 PS3's till date. ).
Please check the same game on same res on both systems on same display.
I assure you, there is a visible difference.

Naga

Skilled
Apr 5, 2005
Yeah, but can the PS3 compete when the same game is played on higher res on the PC? lol. That's the whole point of a PC. You can always go higher.

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Jun 21, 2008
FL
^^

Thats not so wise comment. you have to have both to know that. both have pluses and minuses. that makes the whole argument a moot point IMHO.

Naga

Skilled
Apr 5, 2005
m-jeri said:
^^

Thats not so wise comment. you have to have both to know that. both have pluses and minuses. that makes the whole argument a moot point IMHO.

I don't have a PS3 but many of my friends have them. I never said the PS3 is worse. Just the comparision you mentioned is flawed. A PS3 is a great gaming and multimedia platform but comparing the quality of graphics to a PC which can be upgraded is "not a wise comment". Bluntly, the PS3 is good. The argument you put is not.

Anyways, this is a show-off thread. Let's both get out of here :cool2:!

Bluffmaster

Skilled
Jan 4, 2006
Congrats :D Total Damages?

You are lucky to have bought this PS3 version. Even I was considering investing in a PS3 in near future but just one look at the new PS3 slim changed my mind. I would rather get a Wii than purchase that ugly console. :|