Good-riddance to frequent computer upgrades!

Mid range PCs already outperform the PS3 quite easily. Lets not bring PC vs PS3 in here. :p

Uncharted is brilliant. Just bought it last week, got it for 30$. (Greatest hits pricing, but bought it before the ugly red casing is in stock. The Platinum box for European versions is nice, though.)

Am about 7 chapters into the game, am playing really slowly, trying to maximise enjoyment, etc. It's difficult to do that, there is the "just kill a few more thugs" factor. :p

Another game you should definitely play is Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction.

whatsinaname said:
Mid range PCs already outperform the PS3 quite easily. Lets not bring PC vs PS3 in here.:p

But yeah, Uncharted is brilliant. Just bought it last week, got it for 30$. (Greatest hits pricing, but bought it before the ugly red casing is in stock. The Platinum box for European versions is nice, though.)
Am about 7 chapters into the game, am playing really slowly, trying to maximise enjoyment, etc. It's difficult to do that, there is the "just kill a few more thugs" factor. :p

Another game you should definitely play is Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction.

Care to explain how and why?
and where you personally tested?

no i dont care how you think or read. the actual proofs that you have.

Congrats Gannu, awesome buy, I hope detatchable plastic legs provide stable support for the table, no arm rest :p , marble shelve is good alternative if allowed in PG/Hostel.

Gannu said:
^:p

Doesn't mean PC games have been totally neglected. Just that wasting money for expensive gfx cards and processors isn't quite justified. Besides I should say pc games won't hold a candle to the graphics & rendering of the ps3 games, not perhaps in the near future! I'm totally blown away!

Absolutely man, don't worry you made the right choice (though you already know that :)) . PS3 is in it's own league.

PS: I'm directly going to start copy-pasting your threads as soon as I get a damn job. All your show-offs will be mine! :muahaha:

m-jeri said:
Care to explain how and why?

and where you personally tested?

no i dont care how you think or read. the actual proofs that you have.

I have a PS3 and a PC.

All PS3 games are 720p (except for 2 or 3 at 1080p.)

A midrange card (like the 4850 now) can easily play Crysis (mid-high settings) and Call of Duty 4 (High settings) at greater resolution than 1280x720.

Uncharted runs at 720p on the PS3.

Call of Duty 4 runs at 680p on the PS3.

What more proof do you need? Again, I think the PS3 is a very good machine with some really good games. (Maybe the fact that I paid 340$ for one should indicate that I thought it was worth it.) But to claim it is technically superior to a PC is pushing it.

(Also, why so serious/combative? Your post came off that way, apologies if you had not meant it that way.)

Edit: @Gannu - Sorry for derailing your thread. I should have been smarter than to bring this topic up.

Congrats... apart from games this is a great all around media machine and works beautifully with Windows media server DLNA. I am sure you will love having it and get plenty of enjoyment from it ;)

Congrats
Games for PS3 are priced @ 1.5k+, and u will miss FPS unless uget a XFPS adapter for keyboard and mouse(Dont mind me I am just jealous:eek:hyeah:)

Congratulation Gannu.

wonderfull setup.

hope to stumble upto to gaze at your awesome setup, as we discussed, still trying to revive my data :(

whatsinaname said:
I have a PS3 and a PC.
All PS3 games are 720p (except for 2 or 3 at 1080p.)
A midrange card (like the 4850 now) can easily play Crysis (mid-high settings) and Call of Duty 4 (High settings) at greater resolution than 1280x720.
Uncharted runs at 720p on the PS3.
Call of Duty 4 runs at 680p on the PS3.

What more proof do you need? Again, I think the PS3 is a very good machine with some really good games. (Maybe the fact that I paid 340$ for one should indicate that I thought it was worth it.) But to claim it is technically superior to a PC is pushing it.

(Also, why so serious/combative? Your post came off that way, apologies if you had not meant it that way.)

Edit: @Gannu - Sorry for derailing your thread. I should have been smarter than to bring this topic up.

Mid range PC != PS3 :hap2: ( I had 2 PS3's till date. ).
Please check the same game on same res on both systems on same display.
I assure you, there is a visible difference.

Yeah, but can the PS3 compete when the same game is played on higher res on the PC? lol. That's the whole point of a PC. You can always go higher.

^^

Thats not so wise comment. you have to have both to know that. both have pluses and minuses. that makes the whole argument a moot point IMHO.

m-jeri said:
^^

Thats not so wise comment. you have to have both to know that. both have pluses and minuses. that makes the whole argument a moot point IMHO.

I don't have a PS3 but many of my friends have them. I never said the PS3 is worse. Just the comparision you mentioned is flawed. A PS3 is a great gaming and multimedia platform but comparing the quality of graphics to a PC which can be upgraded is "not a wise comment". Bluntly, the PS3 is good. The argument you put is not.

Anyways, this is a show-off thread. Let's both get out of here :cool2:!

Congrats :D Total Damages?

You are lucky to have bought this PS3 version. Even I was considering investing in a PS3 in near future but just one look at the new PS3 slim changed my mind. I would rather get a Wii than purchase that ugly console. :|

Back