Good things come in small packages! :D

Damn the holes on the adapter gave me a hard time. :mad:

Had to increase the internal thread dia by screwing a thumb screw in and out for 4 holes. Mushkin should consider doing it as per standards of the hard drive. :(

Installation and results by tomorrow evening. :)

cong gannu and nice SSD hard disk p.s the 80 gb cost 14k and why does the 60 gb cost 11k cause u can add 3k for 80 gb version :|

Arun.P said:
cong gannu and nice SSD hard disk p.s the 80 gb cost 14k and why does the 60 gb cost 11k cause u can add 3k for 80 gb version :|
The 80GB is the Intel G2, the Sandforce drivers kick Intel butt.. and then some.

^Thanks. :D

So is there any other benchmark apart from CrystalDiskMark and HD Tune which is used to primarily test SSDs?

OK here're some preliminary benchmark results -

11269213.png

25283036.png

Do I sense something fishy here? :huh:

Although Win 7 installed in 7 min 20 seconds and there is a considerable difference in the boot-time.

Can someone tell me how you have disabled Indexing service? One method is to right click the SSD drive and uncheck the box in the General tab which reads "Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed in addition to file properties" and click Apply and then in the dialog box which reads "Confirm Attribute Changes" select Apply changes to drive C:\, subfolders and files. And then it took a minute to process the whole thing.

Was that ^ the chosen method to disable indexing?

Superfetch is disabled in Win 7 by default. And so is the defragmenting. I have disabled system restore as well.

How do these benchmarks appeal? My motherboard does not have an option in the BIOS to set AHCI to enabled. I had to do that through the registry using the method posted in the link here.

Microsoft said:
To resolve this issue, enable the AHCI driver in the registry before you change the SATA mode of the boot drive. To do this, follow these steps:
Exit all Windows-based programs.
Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you receive the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
Locate and then click one of the following registry subkeys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\IastorV
In the right pane, right-click Start in the Name column, and then click Modify.
In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
On the File menu, click Exit to close Registry Editor.

Back