Google Chrome Already No. 2 Browser on Windows 7, Overtaking Firefox

Chrome is doing good for me, but if i load lots of FB videos, things begin to lag and if i dont close all fb window, the machine will probably freeze(happens every 2~3 days). Use shift + esc and "stats for nerds" to find the most resource hungry tabs. Shockwave contents and flash anims are the culprits which makes chrome hang as for me. At times ive seen Chrome eating up close to 5GB of my memory of total 8 :S. But if it wasnt for chrome, FF or others wouldve eaten more, as FF eats memory from the very beginning. Havnt tested FF with similar 30~40 tabs yet though.

FF takes a long to even launch. And about IE, cant even think of migrating to it.

Close all already watched video pages/FB pages frequently. That way you can run chrome like a charm. Else be ready to hard reset the system. But even then theres something with chrome which keeps me pulled to it. I likes its simplicity and layout. The bookmark sync is a real boon which saved me during my last OS reinstall. I totally forgot to export my bookmarks that day. Thank god, chrome auto synced it to my google acc.

dOm1naTOr said:
Chrome is doing good for me, but if i load lots of FB videos, things begin to lag and if i dont close all fb window, the machine will probably freeze(happens every 2~3 days). Use shift + esc and "stats for nerds" to find the most resource hungry tabs. Shockwave contents and flash anims are the culprits which makes chrome hang as for me. At times ive seen Chrome eating up close to 5GB of my memory of total 8 :S. But if it wasnt for chrome, FF or others wouldve eaten more, as FF eats memory from the very beginning. Havnt tested FF with similar 30~40 tabs yet though.

FF takes a long to even launch. And about IE, cant even think of migrating to it.

Close all already watched video pages/FB pages frequently. That way you can run chrome like a charm. Else be ready to hard reset the system. But even then theres something with chrome which keeps me pulled to it. I likes its simplicity and layout. The bookmark sync is a real boon which saved me during my last OS reinstall. I totally forgot to export my bookmarks that day. Thank god, chrome auto synced it to my google acc.

have you tried the lates version of FF....its really good!

& update your flash plugin...thats the culprit!!!

surya_neo said:
Me too been trying to use Chrome but always go back to FF after using Chrome for 10mins...contrary to what people say about FF being memory hogger ,in my netbook Chrome takes a lot of memory...

I too have faced the same issues with chrome.. I can open many more tabs in firefox compared to chrome even though I have lots of addons installed.

Chrome is much better than FF..
I feel IE9 is better than FF too, but its inferior to Chrome..
I use Chrome 14 Stable release and it rarely crashed.(Only Once)

Firefox is the best browser, and chrome on runners up. I don't know how IE has 31 % browser share(Maybe because its the default browser in Windows 7?), even if its IE 9. IE is still slower than firefox and chrome

mavihs said:
which version are you using? i'm on the dev builds it doesn't crash at all.

which version are you using of firefox?
i'm using the FF7 & the memory consumption has come down a lot, really a lot!
I shifted from FF to chrome, during the FF 4 days. FF used hang atleast once in a day take around 500 MB of memory , when it was hung it would eating up 100% of one of the CPU, and most of the tabs used to stop responding and had to restart it.
This was the time I started using chrome, and now I am quite used to the simplicity of chrome and the startup time is quite less then that of FF.
I still use FF7 but mostly for bank and online transactions, but for general browsing purpose Chrome is currently my preferred one.

Firefox 7 keeps on crashing for me . Then it wont start again till i reboot windows . Has been the problem since version 4 for me . Hence moved to chrome or chromium as they are more stable for me though I would love to get back to FF . Damn am sounding like a wh*** :p .

Stuck with chrome as i've gotten used to its interface. it does crash ocassionally when running flash/java. Tried FF and Opera on different ocassions but nothing impressed me enough to switch from a browser I'm currently comfortable with.

How the mighty have fallen!

Although Chrome is nothing special and is unstable at times, Firefox on the other hand has taken a turn for the worse. I never imagined I would say this one day but at its present state, even Internet explorer is far better than Firefox.

As expected. Chrome has improved tremendously. All the basic features work quite well. It loads faster than firefox and uses less resources also.

It seemed like FF was on a marathon on releasing new major versions (like 4.0, 5.0 to 7.0) rather than optimizing and bug fixing what they have now and releasing its sub versions. Just about an year ago it was FF4 and now 7 :O

FF 1 and 2 stayed for almost 2~3 years and they were really good at that time. They will win over the FF7 if re-released now.

^^ I just downloaded FF8 today :D

I am gonna try chrome for one more time, someone pls give me a link to a proven stable version :)

^^ That was totally uncalled for :mad:

If u read my earlier posts , it would be evident that when chrome is working for people here without any issues , all the time it gives me issues !

Thats why i asked the people here for a link !

Next time, pls do everyone a favour of thinking before posting ? :)

avinashwarrier said:
^^ That was totally uncalled for :mad:

If u read my earlier posts , it would be evident that when chrome is working for people here without any issues , all the time it gives me issues !

Thats why i asked the people here for a link !

Next time, pls do everyone a favour of thinking before posting ? :)

I gave you the most stable version released by google which is also working fine and very much stable with me. What was wrong in that?

I doubt if it can compete with opera ver 12 which supports HW accleration. Wait for the final launch, then there will be some change in the topper :)

Back