Google Home, Home Mini Smart Speakers Launched in India

6pack

ex-Mod
Source: NDTV Gadgets

The Google Home and Google Home Mini will be available to buy online in the country exclusively via Flipkart, and will also be made available via offline stores. In India, speakers will support Google Play Music, YouTube, Netflix, Saavn, and Gaana. Hindi support will be added to Google Home speakers later this year. There are no immediate plans to bring the larger Google Home Max speaker to India at the moment.

Google Home, Home Mini price in India, availability, launch offers
The Google Home price in India has been set at Rs. 9,999, a price that sees it compete directly with the Amazon Echo smart speaker - powered by the Alexa voice-based virtual assistant - in the country. Google Home will come in a Chalk fabric base, and Coral will come soon. To recall, the Amazon Echo is priced at Rs. 9,999 as well. Likewise, the Google Home Mini takes on the Amazon Echo Dot, and features a Rs. 4,499 price - the same as the Echo Dot. Google Home Mini is available in Chalk and Charcoal fabric colours.

Flipkart will be initially be the exclusive online sales partner, and the speakers will also be made available through various offline channels, including Reliance Digital, Croma, Bajaj Electronics, Vijay Sales, Sangeetha, and Poorvika. Sales via Flipkart and the offline stores will begin from today.

Customers buying the Google Home or Google Home Mini from Flipkart will get a free JioFi router and when buying a Google Home from a Reliance Digital or MyJio stores, a JioFi router will be included along with 100GB of 4G data worth Rs. 2,499. On a recharge of Rs. 149 or above (Rs. 99 Jio Prime membership purchased separately), customers will get 100GB of additional data, provided in the form of 10 vouchers with 10GB data each; validity of the vouchers will be 1 year from the date of credit. The offers will last until April 30.

At select Philips Hue and Croma outlets, buyers will get the Philips Hue and Google Home Mini at a special bundled price. Also, ACT Fibernet retail customers subscribing to 12-month advance rental plans of 90Mbps and above will receive a Google Home Mini. Those who make the purchase via HDFC Bank credit cards will get 10 percent cashback. Buyers will also get free subscription to Gaana up to October 31, 2018; paying Re. 1 will provide them ad-free subscription to the service for an additional 1.5 years. Similarly, Saavn subscription will be free till October 31, and an ad-free subscription for another 1.5 years will be provided at Re. 1.

Google Home Mini is a small Google Assistant-powered speaker that can sit on your bedside or be carried where you go. It supports touch controls and, of course, voice input. This $49 (roughly Rs. 3,200) speaker can play music, control smart home gadgets, answer questions, and do everything that Google Assistant supports. Here's our Google Home Mini unboxing and first look video

Wondering if and how privacy will be invaded via same ?

I don't know why anyone would like to have this in their house? For Google to start recommending me divorce lawyers if I fight with my girl/ baby stuff when I make up with her?

Back