Google LG Nexus 4 Pre Order, 8GB - Rs.21728/- & 16GB - Rs.25490/-

I have got 7% off coupon which makes this phone 25k including shipping. But one thing, is that seller genuine? Should I spend me 25k on phone without warranty? What if phone arrives DOA?

I have got 7% off coupon which makes this phone 25k including shipping. But one thing, is that seller genuine? Should I spend me 25k on phone without warranty? What if phone arrives DOA?

With cart2india, in case of DOA, replacement refund would take at least 60-90 days on eBay thru eBay guarantee.

Why not wait a bit for the official release here?

What is the link for Google store where they are selling devices. I guess in India we don't get the access to that site.

How are you guys thinking of ordering it? I don't think we can get a quote from ishopinternational or PPOBox until the phone is actully available for sale on the play store, or can we?

I have a PO box address of USA. If thru VPN i access the play store and order it , what duty would be applicable when the phone reaches our customs and also what would be the shipping charge ?

Expect the nexus to be officially priced at 30-35k+ in India. A few reasons that I can think of are that Google was never interested in the Indian market when it comes to launching their devices (nexus s launch must have been a Samsung decision) so never expect them to sell directly here via Google play store at 299$. Secondly, launching such a high end device at such a low price of around 299$ would totally kill off the already poor sales of lg phones like the 4x hd, the Optimus vu, and phones soon to come, which are all priced at around 35k. At 299$ they would also hardly get much profit, which would result in low revenue and overall profit (the only reason why it is cheap in Google play is due to Google which wants to spread android, and since Google isn't even interested in India, forget it).
Now for the reason why the low pricing of the nexus won't have other manufacturers so worried in the US: phones are mostly sold on contract at lower costs and the contact plan is the main source of money there. Anyway those who buy nexus there would need to take up a plan, though cheaper they would not end up saving a huge amount of money, since plans are more expensive than even phones there unlike India where phones are expensive and call rates are dirt cheap :)
In short, waiting for the official launch may not make things better.

Back