Google Nexus 6 gets priced on Google Play in India, Rs. 44000 for 32GB and Rs. 49000 for 64GB

^^ Well if you are not too particular about the SD805, then there are several Phablet options that cost less. LG G3, Oppo Find 7, One Plus One if you are fine with 5.5" display. Then there's Vibe Z2 Pro which is capable of running a stock android experience out of the box.

Pretty big difference between a 5.5" screen and a 6" screen IMO. Can't comment on the Lenovo phone because I've never used one and I can't find a good review of it. However, it's still an SD 801 and while the difference maybe negligible, the Nexus 6 sports an SD 805 which is absolutely cutting edge at this point in time. The Vibe may also run stock Android but how are Lenovo with updates? When is Lollipop expected?

Sure there are a few VFM phablets out there but if you want the absolute best specs money can buy, there's only the Nexus 6 and Note 4. Maybe I should have said premium phablets in my original post.

Sony xperia z ultra price 19,999/- on amazon.in and flipkart.com.Also, Xiaomi phones are going to be even cheaper as much 2000 bucks less in the near future.

Sorry Sir, The price is 2k higher than what we expected. Google will soon learn their lessons about pricing its products in India

PS:It would have been fair if the OP has done a clean copy paste job and mentioned the source of the article.

^^ You were expecting a price of 42k then? I was expecting a price of 36 to 37k for the Indian market.

In the US it costs 649$ + taxes + shipping which almost goes to 715$ which in INR is 43.9k , so the pricing is quite right. Though we are just disappointed coz 2 of the nexus phones have been in 20k to 30k category.

^^ Check the reviews of SD805 powered devices. CPU scores are usually very close to (often same as) SD801 and GPU scores are just a tad bit better. Nothing revolutionary if SD805 ends up scoring 18FPS in a test that SD801 scored 12FPS.
I think what you say is true for SD800 and SD801, I feel both these chip-sets are inadequate to drive the QHD displays. Atleast in gfx intensive applications. I would certainly go for the SD805 chipset for the better GPU component. 12fps to 18fps is a 50% jump, pretty significant IMO. However as Lollipop supports 64 bit architectures, I would rather wait for SD808 and 810 powered devices.

Looking at the AT review, battery life is extremely poor for Nexus 6, and display is nothing to write home about. I dont feel this device will be able to dent iphone sales, as it simply pales in comparison.

^^ Comparing to iPhone sales is a moot point now. I don't think it would dent iPhone sales even if its the best phone in the world. A majority portion of the iPhone user base would keep buying new iPhone's year after year even if there is nothing new and their own usage does not go beyond phone calls and texting.

As for SD801 vs SD805, I have yet to see SD805 being significantly better than SD801 for a QHD display in real world usage. Maybe you won't to be able to play one or two heavily graphically intensive games that are going to come out in future, but I am not going to hold my breath for it given the state of mobile phone games currently.

Yeah, I would like to get a device with SD805 over one with SD801 if I can, but just a slightly better GPU is not going to be enough of a difference to explicitly look for an SD805 based device for a big price difference. It might have made a lot more sense if it delivered at least 30FPS in a test where 801 is giving only 12.

^^ There is a significant jump from SD801 and SD805 GPU. The CPU upgrade is marginal.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/8687/the-nexus-6-review/5

Take the Moto X 2014, as a representative. Even with lower resolution, there is a significant GPU performance gap. SD800 and SD801 is a different story altogether, where there is very insignificant performance delta. But I get your point, SD805 is going to be a shortlived SOC, once the 64bit SOCs reach production capacity.

On Iphone, you are correct on the sales part, however even the A8 chipset is leagues ahead of the current batch of Snapdragons. And going by the A8X, a three core apple chipset rips apart anything Qualcom, or Nvidia throw at it. My grouse on the Apple ecosystem, is more with IOS. A lovechild with Apple's hardware and build quality coupled with Android OS, now that would be awesome!

Back