google pixel a flop in india ?

@^I think you are confused or not reading properly. In which post have i compared phones from very diff specs ? please quote that post by me.

The thread was made to berate Google Pixel. No wonder someone who owns or likes one will come to defend it.
Personally, I love the Pixel and would have owned one if I was interested in phones like I used to be at one time.
Even the Nexus 6 and 6p were expensive premium phones and not much of a success in India.
So why create a thread about the sales of a device that hasn't been doing well for the last three generations in India. From what I can see, the price has always remained similar to the iPhone offering of the same generation since the 6.
Just like iOs vs Android threads, this discussion has no meaning as right from looks to UI choices are all subjective at the end of the day.
Also, Google has never been aggressive about selling their devices. Unlike Apple, device sales aren't something that their major profits come from. I know many people who are totally in love with their Pixel and just like iPhone owners don't care about the price tag and want to have the latest Google flagship in their hands.

As for cashback offers, even Apple was running them right from day one as even they knew that price is too high for Indian market. I ordered iPhone 7 256GB for my friend in the second week after launch and got 11k as CC cashback and another 1500 as Amazon cashback.

Even iPhone 7 sales haven't been that stellar.

The truth is that the industry as a whole is coming to a stall and hence they are doing their best to milk the customers with incremental upgrades. People who want to spend that much have every right to do so without being ridiculed for their choices.
Same has been true for the music devices industry for a long time as well.
I agree with almost everything you have said..... But I dont think we were really berating the PixeL.... rather having a health discussion where Google went wrong with direction it took.... until that guy showed up... then had to go full throttle on the phone...

I hadnt even posted on this thread...... until the banned guy started abusing Indians for having cheap taste...

I mean seriously we are still a developing country with probably just less than 5% able to actually afford a 60k+ phone... and 90% of that 5% will go for iP7 / S7 variant...
So he cant compare India to Western markets or China....

Now back to the Pixel...... I know the Pixel is a good phone.... maybe not the looks but thats just IMO.... but the price is ridiculously high....

My last phone was Nexus 5..... my current is Nexus 6... so I know and love the pure android experience... and definitely was looking forward to the Pixel.... if they had priced it say 35k for Pixel and 55k for Pixel XL

I mean how much should one pay for the "pure android experience".....

Now back to the Pixel...... I know the Pixel is a good phone.... maybe not the looks but thats just IMO.... but the price is ridiculously high....

My last phone was Nexus 5..... my current is Nexus 6... so I know and love the pure android experience... and definitely was looking forward to the Pixel.... if they had priced it say 35k for Pixel and 55k for Pixel XL

I mean how much should one pay for the "pure android experience".....

I've already tried to address this by saying that they launched the phone at current flagship prices.
Yes it is unfortunate that prices for flagship devices have become that high. But hardware wise, it is a flagship phone from a premium phone manufacturer.
In fact, these companies pricing their products at such ridiculous prices have helped companies like OPO carve out a niche for themselves and that's good for us consumers as we have many more choices.
Maybe that guy didn't articulate himself that well, but what does it tell you about our mentality when we are here discussing a phone for it's price and not it's hardware, considering this is a tech forum.
Isn't it a case of sour grapes, when you say that you wanted to buy it, but didn't because of it's high price and are then discussing on why the phone isn't good because of it's price.

P.S. - Can you please use proper punctuation while typing as that is one of the rules we follow on this forum. Thanks.

from launch at 57k a few mnths ago to now avail for 45k odd. early buyers must be feeling dumb. havent seen samsung/apple drop their prices so quick like for the pixel if im correct. High price tag for a phone with no real differentiater or usp was always gonna be tough i guess.

Not in India alone it is a flop in USA as well, they have lowered the prices in USA too. I believe being new to the block was also a deal breaker. people started thinking first one is a testing model and the second one will be better with all the bugs fixed and with other updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back